Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #6 (1.10.11.0) is now live!

It's been said countless times to remove any mods/modifications before updating.......

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well this is the best update yet for me! Previous 2 updates bought stutters and AA degradation on the airframe edges and cockpit. I'm happy. FPS at 30 in 4K... Thanks Asobo.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

I really don't understand why some people continually have fun bashing the developers as "Bugsobo" and  the like. Yes, this is the Internet and you're anonymous, but would you tell them that face to face?  If I were Jörg Neumann, I would feel deeply depressed if that's the result of my hard work during the last months. And he's certainly under pressure from more parties than just us.

I have been simming since 1991, but I find Asobo doing a great job and I don't recall having had so much fun with (and spending so much time to) flying a simulator as MSFS. 

There are certainly issues (I find the logbook thingy quite annoying) but show me another simulator which is free of issues and have the developers working on it so dedicated and communicative as Asobo are. Even update installation, which I understand is a real pain for some, might to be more in the responsibility of the MS infrastructure than Asobo.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 11

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

TAA was drastically improved in the previous update, but after yesterday I'm back to jagged edges on panels, wings, moon, and sun. It feels like a big step backwards. Anyone seeing that as well? I'm on a 1880ti at 1440p. 

3 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

TAA was drastically improved in the previous update, but after yesterday I'm back to jagged edges on panels, wings, moon, and sun. It feels like a big step backwards. Anyone seeing that as well? I'm on a 1880ti at 1440p. 

No, it looks the same as before for me, 2080ti at 1440p.

• Like 4

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

I really don't understand why some people continually have fun bashing the developers as "Bugsobo" and  the like. Yes, this is the Internet and you're anonymous, but would you tell them that face to face?  If I were Jörg Neumann, I would feel deeply depressed if that's the result of my hard work during the last months. And he's certainly under pressure from more parties than just us.

I have been simming since 1991, but I find Asobo doing a great job and I don't recall having had so much fun with (and spending so much time to) flying a simulator as MSFS. 

There are certainly issues (I find the logbook thingy quite annoying) but show me another simulator which is free of issues and have the developers working on it so dedicated and communicative as Asobo are. Even update installation, which I understand is a real pain for some, might to be more in the responsibility of the MS infrastructure than Asobo.

Kind regards, Michael

I honestly find the "bashing" of some people coming out of frustration. In today's world where everyone are working hard, we want something that is working good and won't waste the little free time we got. 

Other frustration is because of a big gap between what they advertised pre-release to what we really got. 

Roi Ben

11 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

you prob need to fiddle  a bit with the settings of your nvidia.  (or amd).

15 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

I would check the settings, mine have been modified during the update. From a message popping up, I don't think it was the update itself resetting the settings but a loss of connection preventing loading the settings from the server (but not definitive about this).

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

For anyone having the looping files issue, I found during the last update that if I run something else which consumes a lot of bandwidth (Full HD youtube videos for example), it would stop the looping files issue (I encountered this issue a lot in previous updates). So for this I update, which I just completed downloading, I installed the program NetLimiter and limited the download speed of MSFS to 2MB/s (around 16.8 Mbit/s) and sure enough, it eliminated the looping files issue and all went smoothly, if a bit slower. If I set the limit too high then the issue came back. As someone else said, basically have to set it lower than the limit I set in-game. So those of you who are encountering this issue can give it a try and see if it helps. 🙂

Edited by Honnli
  • Upvote 1

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

Just now, pmb said:

I would check the settings, mine have been modified during the update. From a message popping up, I don't think it was the update itself resetting the settings but a loss of connection preventing loading the settings from the server (but not definitive about this).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for the feedback. My settings all seem to be the same. Guess I'll go back to playing around with my Nvidia settings.

3 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Thanks for the feedback. My settings all seem to be the same. Guess I'll go back to playing around with my Nvidia settings.

I have actually found that using the Nvidea settings really conflict with what Asobo has done.  The best results I have had from this in all respects basically involve turning everything in Nvidia settings off and then tuning via the Asobo settings.

I don't get conflicts and i dont get Nvidia overwriting all my graphic settings every time they update drivers, or MSFS2020 updates as MSFS2020 is seen as a new install by Nvidia after each update so it does a reset 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

8 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

I do not use Geforce experience, and the only thing I use in Nvidia Panel are G-Sync and V-Sync on, everything else at default.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

and the reason why you having problem it right there........Stop all you AA setting in NCP

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Other frustration is because of a big gap between what they advertised pre-release to what we really got. 

I would not take some preview videos a year prior of release as a promise any detail will finally be as shown, In this case they could have released it a year earlier. While there may be differences like shadings of the sea, I find the general picture agreeing. I also didn't see this as a preview of the release version but rather of the project for the next years. And that's why they didn't call it FS 2020.

Plus, we had new additions like VR which were not promised at that time at all. And without going into detail because of the NDA, believe me, it rocks!

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Honnli said:

For anyone having the looping files issue, I found during the last update that if I run something else which consumes a lot of bandwidth (Full HD youtube videos for example), it would stop the looping files issue (I encountered this issue a lot in previous updates). So for this I update, which I just completed downloading, I installed the program NetLimiter and limited the download speed of MSFS to 2MB/s (around 16.8 Mbit/s) and sure enough, it eliminated the looping files issue and all went smoothly, if a bit slower. If I set the limit too high then the issue came back. So those of you who are encountering this issue can give it a try and see if it helps. 🙂

Similar tests that I did for a friend showed that the looping started when the ISP started to throttle the download seeing the large download as a torrent or something.   Because the download was being throttled, it started looping.   Using a VPN stopped the looping..  a few hours later after screaming at the ISP provider and getting them to admit to throttling and removing it for my friend's account with a threat of legal action, there has been no looping since.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.