Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #6 (1.10.11.0) is now live!

The "real weather" feature in MSFS is still a WIP.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

MS Store problem again?

No. Bought on STEAM. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Heaven only knows if this is headed in the right direction...

I doubt it 😄 Mine was a bit messy too (but the right size). But yea, Live weather showing clear everywhere, and a strange "FSXy" feelings about the graphics. Weird.

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

That's my interpretation of this item in the update notes:

• All liveries should now be accessible in game and properly loaded

Not sure if anyone has had a chance t confirm yet but I plan on checking as soon as I can tonite. 

@DJJose and anyone else who cares, it does indeed look like the issue with a unique model folder for every livery, has been fixed!

I removed all the model.x (1-9) folders for the Turbo Bonanza V3, as well as the model.N1533W folder for my repaint, then set all the [FLTSIM.x] entries in the aircraft.cfg file to have the line:

model = "" ; model folder

...and all the liveries including mine now show up just fine again, at least in the hangar!

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

The "real weather" feature in MSFS is still a WIP.

Its real, perfect, spot on, but only if where you fly is CAVOK and wind calm...

• Like 2

Updated in 5 mins without any hassle. (just like every update for me).

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 minute ago, Stoopy said:

@DJJose and anyone else who cares, it does indeed look like the issue with a unique model folder for every livery, has been fixed!

I removed all the model.x (1-9) folders for the Turbo Bonanza V3, as well as the model.N1533W folder for my repaint, then set all the [FLTSIM.x] entries in the aircraft.cfg file to have the line:

model = "" ; model folder

...and all the liveries including mine now show up just fine again, at least in the hangar!

Does that mean the liveries that had to be "fixed" from the last patch have to revert back to the old method to work?

23 minutes ago, awf said:

Some org stuff re-download?

Update went fine 3 mins including install 😎

I am beginning to wonder if me changing a vegetation file in the fs_base directory to get autumn weather might be causing the updater to now reload the whole fs_base directory tree in order to restore things...

If it detects me having messed with its content, it may be looking to punish me.. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

15 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Does that mean the liveries that had to be "fixed" from the last patch have to revert back to the old method to work?

No, anything that was fixed should stay fixed*, it's just that the fixin' isn't necessarily needed anymore.  It was silly, not to mention wasteful, to have to declare a specific and unique model folder for a livery when only the texture folder had the new livery files and was already referenced. 

* assuming it was fixed the right way by having a properly named model folder matching the livery.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am beginning to wonder if me changing a vegetation file in the fs_base directory to get autumn weather might be causing the updater to now reload the whole fs_base directory tree in order to restore things...

If it detects me having messed with its content, it may be looking to punish me.. 😉

Bert, look in the dedicated thread about the autumn season and the instructions on how to avoid modifying the MSFS assets by moving the corresponding new .xml file to the community folder, so your original MSFS files remain untouched.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Noticed anti aliasing has gone south a bit again - cant prove it as just changed to latest video driver before install - dah

AA seems alright in the main, but the radio bezels in the C152 are shimmering a bit worse again I notice. Other than that, I am wondering why I had to download gigs of data, as there are no meaningful changes that I see. Performance is the same.

Good that they fixed the Carenado yoke issue, but why not the heading bug as well?

Also, no auto hide on the dev title bar. A bit of a disappointing update really.

At least it appears they didn't break anything major this time.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Bert, look in the dedicated thread about the autumn season and the instructions on how to avoid modifying the MSFS assets by moving the corresponding new .xml file to the community folder, so your original MSFS files remain untouched.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks, but too late, it would appear..  Lesson learned, maybe.. 😉

Bert

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

no, no and also no.

How many points did asobo use on there airplanes? 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Update went well - first thing I checked were control settings - throttle control was now reversed.

Flipped the throttle setting - then had to make some major Sensitivity setting changes on it to get a "normal" response.  Seems to be OK now.  I'll need to take flight to see if the rest of the controller settings are OK...

Randall Rocke

1 hour ago, anthony31 said:

The only solution for me was to completely reinstall windows 10. Not even an inline update would work so it had to a clean reinstall. Thank god I have my main MSFS folder on a separate drive.

Have been there after fiddling with the restricted folders to get MSFS from MS Store working

Brought the machine to the shop whwere they were able to recover the MS Store without a system reinstall.

Now under MSFS Steam and happy. I learned to hate the MS Store.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11