Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

@robert young is hard at work making this beauty what she should have been... and I'm certain you will enjoy the fruits of his assiduous labor. She's morphing into what she is IRL... a superbly complex state of the art Twin, with staggeringly simple single pilot operational procedures.  A fine way for the well heeled to explore on the weekends, and for the owner to make meetings during the week (allowing for said family explorations)...

On the break at Absam this am...

XkmzK8m.jpg

Pl6K9hY.jpg

... and in the turn over Axams Church...

8vwJrat.jpg

C

PS- coming to a MSFS PC near you... soon!

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 10

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I call that livery the candy cane. 

Nice pics can't wait

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I call that livery the candy cane. 

Nice pics can't wait

Thanks Ryan... you've had some BEAUTIES yourself, appreciate the kind words.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

PS- coming to a MSFS PC near you... soon!

Well this is not good!  I have to keep pressing refresh every few minutes now! 😄

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Excitement level rising for this now. Sounds like it’s imminent. Woohoo. Appreciate the update. 

1 hour ago, NismoRR said:

Excitement level rising for this now. Sounds like it’s imminent. Woohoo. Appreciate the update. 

Glad the excitement is rising... Like another Robert (Mondavi), ours will release no aeroplane before its time... soon is amorphous...but not infinite 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Glad the excitement is rising... Like another Robert (Mondavi), ours will release no aeroplane before its time... soon is amorphous...but not infinite 🙂

C

LOL...I remember those commercials!

Isn't the final testing phase to test it with group flight and a dissimilar aircraft as the other person so you can see if that causes any issues? 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The DA-62 that it should have been. Amen!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

OH,...now I get it.  We have to start the countdown clock. It worked the last time I did this for the new years eve Dick Whatshisname

ball drop in Times Square. Maybe several years ago... back when we had 'problems' instead of 'issues',  but i digress. Here goes: ready, One..Two..Three..four

five..

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Thank you very much for your work and provide us more realistic flight modules. I will eagerly wait for your improved version of Da62 that was already my favorite on XPlane and FsX although in the latter Carenado's work was not so advanced. Once again, thank you for your dedication to the community

I have selected Robert's DA-62 - without even flying it - to do my annual Big Trip. If it's anything like the quality and fidelity of the Bonanza - I'll be in very good hands.

This year it's the North East Passage by air.

Southampton Airport to Vladivostok - navigating up Northern Europe and then along the north Russian Federation coastline with a dart up to the Pole - weather permitting.

Main stopovers (after Norway) are Franz Josef Land, Severnaya Zemlya, the New Siberian Islands, Wrangel Island and a few hastily selected bits of beach line in between no doubt, before fetching up in Anadyr and then on to Vladivostok. If not too weary and the scenery is still exciting I'll be continuing, going on down through "New" Japan and onwards to the Spice Islands of South East Asia before seeing the 62 safely onboard a vessel returning to Europe via Suez and jumping on the default 747-8i back to Heathrow.

I anticipate the most dangerous part of the entire trip will be the default 747 home! 😉

So come on Robert - time and tide wait. . .

Screen-shot-2015-04-07-at-16-41-36.png

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
atrocious spelling
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I have selected Robert's DA-62 - without even flying it - to do my annual Big Trip. If it's anything like the quality and fidelity of the Bonanza - I'll be in very good hands.

This year it's the North East Passage by air.

Southampton Airport to Vladivostok - navigating up Northern Europe and then along the north Russian Federation coastline with a dart up to the Pole - whether permitting.

Main stopovers (after Norway) are Franz Josef Land, Severnaya Zemlya, the New Siberian Islands, Wrangel Island and a few hastily selected bits of beach line in between no doubt, before fetching up in Anadyr and then on to Vladivostok. If not too weary and the scenery is still exciting I'll be continuing, going on down through "New" Japan and onwards to the Spice Islands of South East Asia before seeing the 62 safely onboard a vessel returning to Europe via Suez and jumping on the default 747-8i back to Heathrow.

I anticipate the most dangerous part of the entire trip will be the default 747 home! 😉

So come on Robert - time and tide wait. . .

Screen-shot-2015-04-07-at-16-41-36.png

Make sure you post updates with screenshots.

BTW I would assume we will be seeing this mod AFTER the dust has settled from the US patch rather than just before.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 4:46 AM, robert young said:

I am aiming for mid week.

When can we expect a release? Thanks for your work.