Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Carenado prices

Carenado history of slow updates might have worked well with simulators code that never changed, i.e FSX
It already struggled with a mature sim like X-Plane and can only do worse with a sim in its infancy like MSFS

38 minutes ago, Chock said:

Seriously though, 24 quid is not a great deal of money for a twin GA aeroplane for a sim.

Well, that 24$ for something close to the quality of the default planes, nothing wrong with that, but also nothing exciting. Looks very similar to the price on P3D.

That would also mean 60$ for A2A quality and 120-250$ for study level liners.

Maybe it's just me but I find most of the addons "planes and a lot of airports/sceneries" for MSFS quite expensive.

When I stopped flying simulator a decade ago, a PMDG 737NGX was around 60$

36 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Simple supply and demand.  They are one of the few payware plane makers at this point.  Everyone can talk about future add-ons that will be tons better, but people want something to fly this weekend.

Personally, I'm just holding off on the Seminole and am waiting on the freeware DA62.  I find the freeware Beech with the freeware G1000 mod is better than any payware plane at this point. 

That's the wonderful thing about a free market, everyone is free to buy what they want, and companies can charge what they want. 

The modifications are free, but the planes themselves, im sorry to say, you paid for them 😄

To me, the Carenado brand just oozes total mediocrity at best. I tried one back in FSX I think and vowed to never buy another one, and I never did or will. Other devs I would buy anything and price wouldn’t even be a consideration. RealAir, aerobask, A2A come to mind immediately. There are others. Just my $.02. 

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

Personally, I'm just holding off on the Seminole and am waiting on the freeware DA62.  I find the freeware Beech with the freeware G1000 mod is better than any payware plane at this point. 

@robert young's 'nanza modd'd jewel is about all I fly these days....remarkable plane!

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

If we ALL STICK TOGETHER and STOP BUYING we will get their attention- promise!

I'm with ya Carl....if they popped out the Cheyanne though.....oooohhhh.....may have a hard time, hehe.  This little tin can twin though...pass.

Sadly as others have said...a majority of buyers never even venture here, know nothing of the "movement" we'd love to have ALL simmer's join.  Indeed if we could accomplish that (heck, even 50% of us)...that would wake them up I think.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

...a majority of buyers never even venture here

The reality is, the majority of flyers are not buyers. 182 and M20 have been already pirated, and in a couple days the same will happen to PA44. But Carenado never gives up, and I really respect them for this!

23 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

any word on the update for the Mooney?

Not in the marketplace as of 8am.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If this was real air, I would have happily paid for it. But yeah, compared to the lower pricing of airports, its not keeping up with the lower price trends. But I got my multi engine ratings on the Seminole, so I couldn't resist. Moreover it has analog gauges. 

There is no video cards to buy either.. none available. So money burning in the pocket. 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Some developers have a ton of passion for what they do, and are essentially obsessed with getting every little detail right. I am not going to waste money paying for work that does not have passion, and only focuses on profit. The cost is really irrelevant. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I have visited their website but see not listings for FS2020 aircraft, only xplane and FSX.  Without starting the sim and browsing via that interface, how does one see what is available in the marketplace on on the plane developers site directly?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

12 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have visited their website but see not listings for FS2020 aircraft, only xplane and FSX.  Without starting the sim and browsing via that interface, how does one see what is available in the marketplace on on the plane developers site directly?

I do not believe you can..  Welcome to the MS Marketplace & store! 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On 11/20/2020 at 4:13 AM, Adrian123 said:

Policy is to not buy any addon aircraft until a proper SDK is released and followed. Should know better!

LIke Rapunzel, you'll be waiting a long time.

That said, here we go again, with the baseless Carenadao bashing. Not surprised that carried over to MSFS.

If and when Carenado ports over one of their biz jets, it'll be a day one buy. 

The funny thing is: the very same people who constantly complain about Carenaod are the people who buy Carenado.

Edited by Ricardo41

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The funny thing is: the very same people who constantly complain about Carenaod are the people who buy Carenado.

Hmm yea, and i think it should exactly be that way. Are we supposed to accept that Carenado takes weeks if not month to fix a plane thats been broken 2 patches ago?

I don't get it, everybody should know by now how Carenado's business model works: release a plane, fix some of the bugs in two patches, move on to the next plane. Lather, rinse, repeat. Carenado has been doing this for well over a decade, and folks still expect a different outcome.

• Like 3