Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

World Update II - North America

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

In the prior Dev Q&A in September they said the USA terrain data would be even better than the new Japan data.  I think they mentioned the Japan data was 5m.

Well it got as good 5M, the entire country isn't 5M, I don't think.

I'm still confused about the change in name this close to release.

The only airports we know about are in the USA, none in Mexico or Canada.

Edited by Tuskin38

58 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well it got as good 5M, the entire country isn't 5M, I don't think.

I'm still confused about the change in name this close to release.

The only airports we know about are in the USA, none in Mexico or Canada.

There's going to be a lot more to the update than the four improved airports.  Perhaps it means other improvements that include Mexico and Canada, like the improved terrain mesh.

Well if they are updating North America instead of just the USA. But I have no clue! Maybe they will mention if it is USA or North America on Tuesday? I thought in one of the Q&A's they said USA? But maybe not. I'll take whatever they give 🙂 I actually look forward to the sim updates, bug fixes, hot patches. Bring them on, I say. No one forced me to buy the sim, and I enjoy it very much. All I have to please is me! And I am very happy.

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Well, if they do all they island in the caribbeans I will be more than happy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bendead said:

Well, if they do all they island in the caribbeans I will be more than happy.

Ditto!!

Chris Camp

Hawaii and Alaska are part of The United States. So I really hope I see improvements there!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

35 minutes ago, OSM said:

USA.png

The text in the blog above it says North America, and apparently the CM also said North America during a recent stream (she might have been mixed up because the news post).

We'll find out Tuesday (or maybe before, I hope there's a trailer like they did with Japan).

But yeah, Canada, US and Mexico in one update seems a bit much.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Wonder why they haven't made a video of US upgraded scenery as they did for Japan.

49 minutes ago, frankla said:

Wonder why they haven't made a video of US upgraded scenery as they did for Japan.

I don't think a lack of USA trailer is concerning; the Japan world update was released on 9/29, and the Japan world update trailer was uploaded to YouTube on 9/29.

Edit: Hmmm, evidently not, as the Xbox account's trailer shows 9/29, but GameSpot Trailers shows the video uploaded on 9/25. 🤨 Sorry!

Edited by samcan

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

Yeah the Japan update video was shown during the Tokyo Game Show, but wasn't uploaded to the Xbox youtube until the day it released.

Edited by Tuskin38

Since the continent of North America include Canada and Mexico, maybe they will add a few spots for those countries.

Edited by dexthom
Add infor

4 minutes ago, dexthom said:

Doesn't the continent of North America include Canada and Mexico?

North America also includes Central America, the Caribbean islands and Greenland.

I think North America in the weekly update was a mistake and that the roadmap saying USA is correct.

Edited by Tuskin38