Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

Do we require the need to run Verify Setup after every AIM update?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

32 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Do we require the need to run Verify Setup after every AIM update?

No, only if AIM-OCI tells you.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just to make it clear: The traffic.bgl file does not have to be renamed or removed for a working AIM or TC. People are only being asked by the AIM because some do not set AI traffic to "off" within MSFS and then complain about AIG using default airplanes. It serves no other purpose. Tldr: If you set ai traffic within MSFS to "off", you do not have to care at all about the traffic.bgl, you can leave it where and how it is. (That is by the dev Kaii on discord as a source.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Room112 said:

In broad strokes, this is how I got AIG to inject GA traffic into MSFS, with AI aircraft set to Off and static aircraft set to 0.

1. Download and extract AI Flight Planner (AIFP) from http://stuff4fs.com/.
  2. Make a copy of your traffic.bgl from MSFS and save it to the Flight Plan folder inside AIFP.
  3. Open up the traffic.bgl file you just copied.
  4. Under Flight Plans menu, use the Subset feature to extract flight plans for only the aircraft you want, for example all the Cessnas.
  5. Make any changes you'd like to the remaining flight plans (frequency, altitude, etc.).
  6. Compile the new BGL with a descriptive name (e.g. traffic_cessna.bgl).
  7. Copy the new bgl back to MSFS and rename the existing traffic.bgl to traffic.bgl.aigoff if it already hasn't be renamed by AIG.

If you open AIG-FP you should see your new bgl in the list of flight plans (and no other bgl). As long as you set AIG-TC to use AIG-FP flight plans you should see GA traffic as per the flight plans inside your 'GA-only' BGL.

You can confirm this by picking a flight plan from your traffic_cessna.bgl and going to that airport in the sim. As long as your AI traffic is set to Off (so that only AIG injects the traffic) and traffic.bgl is renamed (so that your new bgl is the only one AIG-FP detects), you should see the correct aircraft at the correct airport, as per the flight plan.

If you want to revert the changes, simply remove your bgl (and if you renamed traffic.bgl to traffic.bgl.aigoff, change it back to traffic.bgl.)

Enjoy!

Is there something that can be done to have addon aircraft available using this method?  It looks like the only aircraft populated in the AIFP aircraft list, are the default ones in the sim.  The premium edition aircraft (Baron, etc..) and Payware aircraft (JF Arrow, etc...) are not showing up in the list.

Also, should subset be set to "inclusive" or "exclusive"?

Edited by FakeWayne

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just to make it clear: The traffic.bgl file does not have to be renamed or removed for a working AIM or TC. People are only being asked by the AIM because some do not set AI traffic to "off" within MSFS and then complain about AIG using default airplanes. It serves no other purpose. Tldr: If you set ai traffic within MSFS to "off", you do not have to care at all about the traffic.bgl, you can leave it where and how it is. (That is by the dev Kaii on discord as a source.)

It would be great, if one can set an option within AITM to deactivate the question for renaming the traffic.bgl or setting the registry value (256 characters) at every AITM start.

Patric

• Like 1

Well, some of the flight plans are very old and many paint jobs are even older, there are planes on the way that have already landed on the junk.
Is there any way to exchange the planes?

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

8 minutes ago, holliwutt said:

Well, some of the flight plans are very old and many paint jobs are even older, there are planes on the way that have already landed on the junk.
Is there any way to exchange the planes?

You can remove the ones you dont want. I removed the 747 BA  from the traffic. 

3 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

Is there something that can be done to have addon aircraft available using this method?  It looks like the only aircraft populated in the AIFP aircraft list, are the default ones in the sim.  The premium edition aircraft (Baron, etc..) and Payware aircraft (JF Arrow, etc...) are not showing up in the list.

Also, should subset be set to "inclusive" or "exclusive"?

I'm sure there is, but that's beyond the scope of what I was trying to achieve, which was to retain GA traffic from the default traffic.bgl file.

The subset should be set to Inclusive.

I did the same. I created one subset of just Cessna planes and another subset of the remaining GA planes and saved each as their own bgl.

19 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

You can remove the ones you dont want. I removed the 747 BA  from the traffic. 

Yes, of course I can deactivate individual colors, but that doesn't solve my problem.
How do I get new paints into the Sim?

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Liking the new AI Manager update suggesting linking of the OCI file. Just wanted to confirm the process for uninstalling / disabling the addon as moving or deleting the symbolic link directory reference in the Community folder has different results than deleting a file. 

Edit: If leaving the Packages directory in the default path, running "verify setup" in the AI Manager now pops up the maximum-length warning message for every single airline.

Edited by DylanM

3 hours ago, holliwutt said:

How do I get new paints into the Sim?

Wait until someone makes them and they're added to the AIM database.

Regarding outdated flight plans/planes, according to @Kaiii3, a bunch of the flight plan creators stopped updating plans during the last year because of of air traffic dying down during Covid. Now that airline travel is starting to pick up again, flight plans are slowly being updated.

When a flightplan is updated it will show up in the Update tab under the flightplans section in AIM.

Edited by Tuskin38

curious as to exactly how one updates the AIG Manager itself:

The one currently available on their website (https://www.alpha-india.net/ai-manager/) shows in the properties / details Product version 1.1.0.40)

Yet I see this on their support forum (https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=37315.0) the following statement:

Changelog of the public AIM 1.1 beta

• [ F ] Added option to setup OCI outside the default community directory

• [ B ] Fixed potential CTD cause in Move-Method

• [ F ] Enabled Move-Feature for OCI in MSFS

Exactly where would I download the 1.1.0.54 version? or how would I update within the program itself?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

curious as to exactly how one updates the AIG Manager itself:

Just run the Manager - it had auto-update routine at startup within a shell.

Question for all you knowledgable folks...actually 3...

I see people stating that they compiled it at 66% and run it at x% and this makes a difference...   what the heck is this all about..  I downloaded all the flightplans at default settings and run with the traffic set to 35% in sim,  nothing changed in either the ai manager or the traffic controller  so how does this compare?

Second..  If I wanted to get FlyBe into the sim (yes I know it's a dead airline)  can I go back in time and find Flybe flightplans and liveries and add them to run as of today even though they don't exist anymore?

Finally,  I'm on steam, and I regularly have Traffic Controller drop out on me during a flight and have to restart it..  is this a known issue, or am I just lucky? 🙂

Yeah, I know I said I was out, but I'm trying again as this solution makes most sense to me.. IF I can get it working to my satisfaction 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.