Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

ok I understand. Thanks

And do you happen to know how exactly the sim does that ?

Keep up the good work,

Pierre

Probably the same way it did with FSX: Every 15 or so minutes it reads the winds and activates the runway that is closest to the wind direction (e.g. 250/8 -> activate runway 29, 086/20 -> activate runway 07). You probably saw it after the winds changed but before the runway update was due, that's when there can be a discrepancy.
The bigger problem is that with very light winds (<5 kts) the sim thinks wind doesn't matter and randomly changes the runway every 15 minutes. That leads to you getting a clearance to one runway, and on approach you see the AI taking off directly into your approaching aircraft (because of course ATC won't tell you that the runway changed etc.).

It takes more than 20 mins for every window to appear in AIM 1.1.. it was never this bad when I used it in P3D.. I have tons of AI in P3D from AIG working flawlessly.. 

In AIM 1.1, it hangs forever (crawl online data, collecting simobjects, and when I finally click to download flightplan, even the airline download screen takes forever to come.. more than 15 mins.. what's going on??

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, Kaiii3 said:
On 1/7/2022 at 1:18 AM, RW1 said:

@Kaiii3 Any heads up for the ATR in MSFS. Did AIG have access to a model or are you working on anything?

On the list, but no ETA yet. There are some other planes prioritised by the team at the moment.

The Boeing 767 would be welcomed.  So many wrong aircraft displayed for Fed Ex and other cargo airlines especially.

I am spending hours just watching aircraft in MSFS using AIG/RealTraffic/PSXT/LiveATC

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I am confused as to the time it takes to actually use the Traffic Controller.  I have 3 airlines (United, Delta and Spirit) and I have 2 third party airports.  However when I go to launch the TC it will take between 8-10 minutes.  I actually go watch some TV while it is loading.  Is this normal? what goes on behind the scenes?  I thought it had the plans, the aircraft and it seem like it would take about 20 seconds.  Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

16 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I am confused as to the time it takes to actually use the Traffic Controller.  I have 3 airlines (United, Delta and Spirit) and I have 2 third party airports.  However when I go to launch the TC it will take between 8-10 minutes.  I actually go watch some TV while it is loading.  Is this normal? what goes on behind the scenes?  I thought it had the plans, the aircraft and it seem like it would take about 20 seconds.  Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah I find both programs take an age to load, to be fair I've downloaded and installed everything but it does need to be quicker especially with 32gb and an M2 SSD.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

20 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

report with the logs over at AIG Forum.

AIM loads for me in around 5min

TC is arond 2-3 mins

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Regarding spawn at low altitude, it’s interesting that it’s tied to the player aircraft altitude, and it certainly explains what I’ve been seeing in the sim.  Last night i was flying YHZ-YQM at 2000 feet right around the time the evening trans-atlantic parade was starting and I kept getting traffic advisories for 747s etc at my altitude.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I did a quick flight from KMCO to KTPA and really enjoyed checking out all the airliners. Performance was also very good.

Screenshot-9.png

Screenshot-10.png

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have a n00b question as I only just started using the Add-on Linker. Can I move both directories outside of the Community folder and use the linker without any repercussions? Do I need to configure anything in both the Manager and TC?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I have a n00b question as I only just started using the Add-on Linker. Can I move both directories outside of the Community folder and use the linker without any repercussions? Do I need to configure anything in both the Manager and TC?

should work, but make SURE that on each start of AIM or TC the addon is enabled!

• Upvote 1

We have some server side issues, this will have impact on all online features of AIM. We hope the reduced traffic over night and the currently released updates will help prevent this in the future.

• Like 3

From the discord server

AIGAIM is currently not available to download due to an issue caused by our server host. At this time we have reason to believe the issue will not be reversible on the host's side.

There are number of things we are looking at in order to resolve the problem however the timeline on any fix being published currently stands at mid-February, this is something outside of our control.

Existing AIGAIM installations will still work but you will not be able to use the AIGAIM program to update your installation until such time that a fix is published. We will do everything that we can in order to restore functionality as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,
Sincerely - team AIG

Guys, do us a favor an DO NOT start AIM until we report thst the servers are back! Each start of AIM generates traffic at the moment we can no longer handle!

Edited by Tuskin38

Oh no, that’s a tough break for AIG, glad I just updated mine before this went down. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU