Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

Just now, Drumcode said:

So this was scaled down from North America to US?

It was always just USA. The North America last week was a mistake in the news post, it was fixed.

Edited by Tuskin38

9 minutes ago, RobJC said:

word not allowed, download stalled. Hoping nothing bad happens now. 

Happened to me. Just quit, restart, and it resumes.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

It was always just USA. The North America last week was a mistake in the news post, it was fixed.

It was North America for weeks, not sure I understand.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

'Streetlights of smaller streets and roads should now be displayed more randomly'

The should does not sound overly confident. Are we the testers?

Love the team for their commitment though! Amazing.

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

It was North America for weeks,

No it wasn't. Last month's Q&A they said it was just the USA and listed the 4 airports that we just got.

Edited by Tuskin38

Cracks me up that they updated Stewart airport. Being from the area, I guess I appreciate it, but it is so random. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

I'm about to check out SLC area, supposed to have 1m mesh update along the ridgeline. Though I'm not sure it will make as much difference as people are thinking, because IME with photoscenery the quality of the photoscenery for mountains usually matters more than the mesh. Though hard to say in this case since the default mesh in FS 2020 is so LOW res in some places, maybe it will help more than I've seen in other sims with ortho.

From what I‘ve seen in my 15 minutes of flying in the version I think it does make a difference. However, you‘re right, the imagery is still not high-res enough in many places and the mesh alone can‘t make up for it. But it‘s certainly a step in the right direction. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No it wasn't. Last month's Q&A they said it was just the USA and listed the 4 airports that we just got.

I guess I didn't see last months Q&A, the one before said North America, hence my surprise. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

I guess I didn't see last months Q&A, the one before said North America, hence my surprise. 

I think you're misremembering.

• Upvote 1

My A320NX is still working properly after the patch. Some addons such as Fall Colors, need update.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

10 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Happened to me. Just quit, restart, and it resumes.

Thanks. Working now,

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

24 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Are the pixelated clouds fixed? 

They won't be able to fix that until they bring in DX12....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think you're misremembering.

I don't feel like looking for it to prove my point, but there are at least 3 posts on this forum alone post QA which are clearly referring to as North America update. Search for it, because YOU seem misinformed or misremembering it.

Jacek G.