Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

We need a mod to disable auto updates

Yup, try that and i think you will quickly find your in hot water... why did you post it here as well, when there's already the same post over on MSFS forum, and a note from one of the mods

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

And you dont need a mod actually.Make sure you disable your internet from the desktop to the main screen. Then reconnect. Easy.

That doesn't work for me, it get stuck when it reach "looking for update screen" and demand me to connect to internet.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

If they break the game you could always like .. go outside 😄

I hear the LOD is excellent and the texture resolution is amazing !!

On a more serious note if you never close a running game it never updates. Just never shutdown MSFS.

If you just want to fly that day, then start MSFS to the Main Menu and let it sit there until you are ready to fly.  Did that Tuesday and it worked like a charm.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

That doesn't work for me, it get stuck when it reach "looking for update screen" and demand me to connect to internet.

Yes, that does not work.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

As the sim and development platform get older this won't be necessary. Things will constantly be breaking with these updates in the short future because they are rigorously updating the SDK.

I predict SDK 1.0 will see sim updates become substantially more stable as the sim is essentially 'feature' complete at the core.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Preventing something we legally paid for from updating to a later version is not piracy.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

3 hours ago, Maxis said:

I think what your really asking is for the developers to do a better job with QA and be a little more stringent with the release schedule (hold till bugs are fixed) rather than pushing out fast and loose updates that have a running history of breaking core components/systems. Its just the frustration of it all. Most of us get it. We can only hope it gets better.

Cheers

Well, sure... but it's not just QA and bugs that are the issue here.  There are many people here, that would probably prefer to run an earlier release of the game simply because of changes they've made to LOD, rendering of water, or night lights.  

• Like 1

While a good idea, you are forgetting that MSFS is now not self contained software sitting on your desktop, but client server software which you are constantly streaming data from a server. 

A program with the complexity that MSFS has, needs all people to be on the same client.  It's not an option to not upgrade.

The only option would be to setup an entire mirrored set of beta server that allows people to download the beta patches and use the beta servers with the beta clients prior to release into production.  Then they can test the new updates on the beta system prior to general release.  But even then, once it has been decided to go out of beta and into production, everyone needs to be on the same client.

The only way to "beat it" would be to write a mod that fools the server into thinking the older version is the latest version.  Most versioning checks don't check a version number in a configuration file but rather check the checksum of a specific file.  Good luck finding out which of the hundreds of thousands of files is being used and what the expected checksum is supposed to be.

And even if that did happen, imagine the CTD's that would result when suddenly new variables are being called out server side, but are giving null pointer errors because the file that is responsible for dimensioning the new variables don't exist on the end users system.

Forced updates are a reality when you are dealing with client/server software.  That's a fact.  Hopefully in the future they'll have an open beta branch that will allow greater breadth of testing from the community prior to release.    

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You can turn all the streaming stuff off.  The sim ends up looking very FSX or X-Plane-ish visually, still better than those in some respects with 120GB of preinstalled data.  I'm sure for some people, they might rather do this and stay on a given version.

Also several people have left it sitting at the menu screen overnight into patch Tuesday and nothing seems to have imploded from doing that (not a good long term solution though).

Edited by marsman2020

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

How?

Just like illegal copies of windows, FSX, X-plane, P3D and other pirate software that does not check for validly very often. Thats how

Edited by jbdbow1970

20 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Just like illegal copies of windows, FSX, X-plane, P3D and other pirate software that does not check for validly very often. Thats how

Stop creating an issue where there is none.    No one has suggested anything of the sort in this thread.  You're the only one bringing it up.

• Like 1