Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

Steveo flying the DA62 - could this be his greatest VLOG

It's a pretty cool video. The DA62 is awesome.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

When you look at the other pilot's with "twins" in the vblog world (310pilot, baron pilot, etc)....its both easy and sad to see that, anyone being honest knows about 80% of their hits to their vids and channels come directly from the "twins" that have nothing to do with aviation.
Steveo just wants to "fly" a cool "twin"....however you want to take that. 😉 

Watch the 1st 40 secs of these clips and tell me I'm wrong: (and ESPECIALLY the last 30 secs of the 2nd one, and AT 30 secs of the 2nd one....in that clip...you'll get to see how rough the runway surface is based on the "bounce factor")😆

Now before you label me an only fuddyduddy and say "How can you NOT like these excellent aviation vids?"  I do like them as much as the next red-blooded American Het man, and they do actually have good and interesting aviation content....but EVERYONE is there for the "Twins"....you take your pick to which "Set" you're there MORE for. 🤣

Steve - these just prove that no pilot worth their salt would fly without..ample..aux tanks..  Or at least good, reliable turbulence / icing detectors..

-S.

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Did anyone notice airplanes 🙂 

The only time I noticed is when the red tug was pulling her out (the plane silly)....and she rode by on Steve's electric skateboard...and I noticed that the blue hue in her Daisy-Dukes were much lighter than the blue hue of the other "twin"....you know...the one with nice diesel's 🤣  It was then I realized that this was an aviation video.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, psbrandenburg said:

Steve - these just prove that no pilot worth their salt would fly without..ample..aux tanks..  Or at least good, reliable turbulence / icing detectors..

Oh my...you forgot the most imponent (pun intended) feature of the "Twins"....Air Conditioner status.  Should the AC become over-taxed on a hot, Florida day, the circuit breakers pop every time! 🤣  This "bumps out" (again...pun intended) the viewer count by at least 30%. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

To me Steveo is glamor of aviation. Wow, cool pilot flying single pilot IFR, wow.Or look hot girls giggling and left seat next to me! For  aviation enthusiast perceive flying like could be fun and exciting video to watch. For the rest of us who is actually flyin for living this Steveo video is"mickey mouse club house". Nice but absolutely impractical and boring. That is why when we do you recurrening training they don't show you Steveo videos LOL. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Steveo his TMB endeavour in population aviation on youtube. It just boring as hell for me LOL 

I post my youtube videos as well. But my purpose either to create fun memory (for myself). Or if instructional flight look evaluate them and see what I could have done better (for myself and perhaps for few others) 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Steve had a lot of footage of that beautiful beast, but he just had to make that thumbnail of that lady instead. 

Hence a thread here at Avsim already in multi-pages about it, hehe...Steve'o's market research was spot on, and he'll probably find a way to include one small clip of "twins" to tag as the loading page (if he's smart), even when flying the quite single-engine TBM, to skyrocket his revenue stream in youtube and his Pateron's....and I'm all for it! (Wish him and all pilot's the best in this insane world we're all struggling thru with right now...and if this gets him additional revenue, I'm completely supportive.).

And to further the thought of not only twins sitting in the right seat for increased viewer traffic....just take a look at Pilot Emilie and her astronomical rise to a viewer/susbscriber count that rivals or surpasses any flightsim vlogger out there!   She is a Captain on the Q400 in real life, and also recently (very recently) has gotten into flightsimming and vlooging about her experience.  Anyone care to guess why her rise has been this astronomical?  If you guessed it's because of her professional aviation rating, well....you are quite naive. 🙂  

Looking at her youtube page...it looks like she started a year ago, and has over 100k subscribers.  Perspective:  Chewwy...been simming and vlogging for forever I think....41.3k subscribers.  Kind'a makes you wonder what the difference is? (not really....not wondering at all) 

Now...I'm not bashing her or her efforts to make a living at all (she is after all a real pilot struggling thru C19 like the rest I mention above)...in fact I like watching her...(not that way you perverts! LOL).  I like watching the innocence of her inexperience with the sim, and how in stark contrast it is to see her professional fly a Q400, then jump in a Caravan on the sim, and well...be a horrible pilot.  I obviously know the reason, and in fact it's been well-documented that real-world commercial pilots who fly professionally, and fly big aircraft by the book, struggle with flightsim because of the disconnect of motion when simming. Goes to show how much pilot's rely on subtle clues from all their senses while in the real cockpit. 

Anyway...she is getting better...but the absolute most entertaining part of watching her vids is watching all the adolescent boys (and admit it...probably a lot of full grown men) who are completely confident that if they make a contribution online and it dings in her webcast...and especially if she acknowledges the cash you just sent her with a "Oh thank you so much Macho-pilot862, that is soooo sweet"....they are guaranteed a date with her...at least (in their minds)! 🤣 
I also love watching the stream of posts running by so fast  on the right during the playback...seeing all the kiddies trying to get her attention without actually hacking their parent's Paypal account to make that donation that will surely put them in the position for everlasting love with the 1st cyber-crush of their lives. 🙂 

The last thing I want to reiterate is that real, professional pilots struggling at this point, have my complete support on doing whatever it takes to make ends meet...and it's giving me entertainment to boot, so it's a win win with me.  As my friend Ryan so eloquently put it... ( . Y . ) puts food on the table or 100LL/JP in the tanks!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

To me Steveo is glamor of aviation. Wow, cool pilot flying single pilot IFR, wow.Or look hot girls giggling and left seat next to me! For  aviation enthusiast perceive flying like could be fun and exciting video to watch. For the rest of us who is actually flyin for living this Steveo video is"mickey mouse club house". Nice but absolutely impractical and boring. That is why when we do you recurrening training they don't show you Steveo videos LOL. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Steveo his TMB endeavour in population aviation on youtube. It just boring as hell for me LOL 

I post my youtube videos as well. But my purpose either to create fun memory (for myself). Or if instructional flight look evaluate them and see what I could have done better (for myself and perhaps for few others) 

Yeah....showing aviation in its best light...the fun parts...without all the Rapid City's ICAO that comes with the job.  He did a vid long ago for his recurrency in the Caravan, showing his run in the sim at FlightSafety...now THAT was an interesting vid.   But it still didn't show all the paperwork, all the coordination to make it happen, the struggles to get a hotel room, transportation, medical apprehensions that at any moment a doctor can end your career, etc. 

While I actually enjoy his vids simply because I know what's involved, and know he's gotta go thru all that stuff just like any professional pilot, I also like the vlogger pilots out there that really do take you thru a "day in the life" from the 3am wakeup in a hotel that you have to look at the address on the phone to remember what city you're waking up in, to the icy ramp that you almost killed yourself on, and froze to death prepping for the flight (so much more than just the pre-flight of the aircraft itself...some pilots are just about a whole dispatch company...taking care of fuel, catering, ground transportation, lodging, cabin clean up, etc).  That is the stuff that never makes it in to a lot of vids. 🙂   Since all these vids eventually show flying...I'm a captive audience.   

My love for aviation was passed through my genes....my daughter's first word that I care to identify as such...was "pare-plain".   When she was old enough to see her Dad look skyward in the back yard of their home in Jacksonville, FL, smack-dab between Cecil and NAS JAX...when A-7s, S-3, and P-3s (mostly P3s), flew overhead daily, I tell her..."Look honey, a P-3"...her 2nd word I swear was "Pee-Free". 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Attractive, provocatively dressed young lady aside I found the video one of the most unwatchable Steveo has ever done.  That flight instructor was just plain obnoxious, overbearing and condescending.  One session with him in the cockpit and I'd be looking for another instructor.  He gives no time to understand and react before he's running right over the top again.

Scott

30 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Attractive, provocatively dressed young lady aside I found the video one of the most unwatchable Steveo has ever done.  That flight instructor was just plain obnoxious, overbearing and condescending.  One session with him in the cockpit and I'd be looking for another instructor.  He gives no time to understand and react before he's running right over the top again.

Scott

yeah....Steve was not "flying" this plane...he was a puppet tied with invisible strings to the guy you, and about every other person correctly identified as "The instructor I'd most likely would jump out of a plane without a parachute to get away from"....reminds me of this movie clip (that I'm now famous for adding to posts to punctuate a feeling)

Go to about 1:15 if you only want to watch the part that is relevant here. 🙂 

Anyway...I was done with the guy when he is "instructing" Steve about if they didnt have oil pressure on #2 how you'd turn the master to off...then mimics the function of lifting up, then pushing down the switch, as if Steve has never seen a locking switch like that before in his entire life. Then he keeps reaching/pointing to things as if Steve is a child, has no aviation experience, and can't even find the "avionics" switch unless his big fat sausage finger is almost touching it.

Yep...I would have cut the vid right there...before I even closed the door and told him "Look....I've flown airplanes before...I've taken instruction from many instructors/pilots before, you can "tell" me what to do next, and if I look puzzled after a few secs and/or its a flight safety issue, you can then point to it, and wait for me to do it before you're 3 steps ahead in the checklist because of some sort of ADHD/control issues you have goin' on.  If you can't do this, I'm hopping out of the plane, this vid will never exist, and you're little flight school and your GF's assets will not be promoted on my youtube page....are we clear?" 🙂

EDIT:  New favorite part of this guys instruction....when they are rolling on to the runway and he reminds us all that we should have our feet on the bottom of the rudder pedals.  My gosh, I'm shocked that Steveo never knew that little aviation jewel in all his time flying aircraft.  I'm sure its just a memory item thing for this guy, and he's used to teaching newbies, but a "good" instructor recognizes the experience level of his "student", and adjusts his behavior accordingly ...apparently this guy never instructed an experienced pilot before, or treats every pilot, zero-time through 10,000 hour ATP the same way.  Not a good instruction style if you ask me.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

58 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Scott

I agree.

I usually love watching Steveo's content because I love TBM's and what he does - this was certainly not one of his better efforts.. However, this time I think he's let himself down and I certainly didn't "smash the thumbs up button" this time.

It was clear the presence of the lady was simply for the views - she didn't really add to the aviation theme.

It maybe different in other countries, however in mine, as a multi instructor myself, the culture is not to carry passengers when conducting asymmetric training, however it may be different in the USA.

Out of professional courtesy I won't say anything about the instructor other than to say "each to their own".

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

When you look at the other pilot's with "twins" in the vblog world (310pilot, baron pilot, etc)....its both easy and sad to see that, anyone being honest knows about 80% of their hits to their vids and channels come directly from the "twins" that have nothing to do with aviation.
Steveo just wants to "fly" a cool "twin"....however you want to take that. 😉 

Watch the 1st 40 secs of these clips and tell me I'm wrong: (and ESPECIALLY the last 30 secs of the 2nd one, and AT 30 secs of the 2nd one....in that clip...you'll get to see how rough the runway surface is based on the "bounce factor")😆

Now before you label me an only fuddyduddy and say "How can you NOT like these excellent aviation vids?"  I do like them as much as the next red-blooded American Het man, and they do actually have good and interesting aviation content....but EVERYONE is there for the "Twins"....you take your pick to which "Set" you're there MORE for. 🤣

Have a look at some of the YT Sailing Vlogs sometime.

Not out of place in a str-p joint.

T45

• Upvote 1

As an aviation enthusiast, and armchair pilot I'm aware of most of the twins videos, and of course Steveo :cool: 

I've yet to watch his DA vid..  he usually leaves the AYL's (thank you @birdguy for that acronym!) at the FBOs with one or two exceptions (Capt. Valerie and her turbo Baron, and Capt. Mindy with a brand new Cessna 182).

Ah, Pilot Emilie! AYL who is also a commercial pilot 🍻

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I also love watching the stream of posts running by so fast  on the right during the playback...seeing all the kiddies trying to get her attention without actually hacking their parent's Paypal account to make that donation that will surely put them in the position for everlasting love with the 1st cyber-crush of their lives.

The Simps.. "Simping" is a real affliction brought about by AYLs streaming (especially on Twitch) or vlogging their lives. Some of these AYLs sail so close to indulging in the "world's oldest profession" and they make easy money.

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Have a look at some of the YT Sailing Vlogs sometime.

Hehe I just searched for Steveo on YT and the first video in "people also watched" was one of those sailing vlogs complete with pixellated parts!! :laugh:

I've also watched some Gyrocopter Girl too.. :blush:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

I've also watched some Gyrocopter Girl too

Hehe....I've stumbled on to her vids too.  I always think of this incredibly sexest line Sir Sean Connery (RIP) ever uttered (well ok....he's uttered a LOT of them....being the quintessential 60's ladies man back in the day....who can forget his famous "Insert cat nickname here" line?

Head to about 4:30 near the end to hear the line...if you don't already know it by heart. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFozWDLne7c

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Lots of varied in(eye)sight here! As the saying goes, want views ... do reviews. Show views (that clever ( . Y . ) one by Ryan) and you will get views!

I had the pleasure of sitting in one of the first production DA62’s at the Diamond factory in London, Ontario. It is the epitomy of luxury inside. Spacious and just a jaw dropping interior.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K