Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

6 minutes ago, peroni said:

I don't know about DCS but this same logic applies to X-Plane and P3D. 
Maybe not for big birds but at least for the C152 and C172 the handling in MSFS is just as good as X-Plane which is regarded as the most accurate in terms of flight model

/offtopic

True, but can you start up the plane in 3rd person view in X-Plane? Can you really properly land a C172 in 3rd person view in X-Plane? The fact that a 3rd person view is available does not qualify a sim being arcade or not, sure, but the fact that you can basically control everything of the plane is. In MSFS, you simply auto complete the checklists and your plane is up and running, this is a typical arcade mode behaviour. 

Don't get me wrong, I do not find it bad, that this exists in MSFS as long as the "realistic" approach is also working. Combination of both is a great thing to achieve, but to me, currently MSFS failed to do both so they would have better concentrated on just one aspect. Not saying that this will be changed for the better in the near future, just the current state is not really well done...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Can you really properly land a C172 in 3rd person view in X-Plane?

Yes.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, peroni said:

Like the developers promised, some watermask are being redone and realistic water colors are showing through again. Thank you!

Let's hope this path continuesScreenshot-2020-12-10-091352.jpg

Where is this?

Flight-Simulator-2020-12-10-10-32-06-44.

2 hours ago, peroni said:

MYNN

I just flew over that very spot. There's nothing there.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Where is this?

I have exactly the same view after a minor update patch 20 minutes ago.

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Gentlemen, I believe we have an Asobo Agent in our midst!

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 hours ago, AnkH said:

3) Of course it is an arcade game in its current state. There are some simulation aspects in, but again, several things are done poorly... And sorry to say, but could you graphics guys please ONCE give an argument PRO MSFS, that is not entirely related to the visual appearance of the sim, which is without doubt phenomenal? Furthermore, I do not sse how "real-life satellite-based scenery of the entire world" has ANY, ANY relevance on the fact that MSFS is an arcade game...

4) They do, but close is not spot on. For any other game, devs would be hanged for continously showing product trailers without a disclaimer that the content is not representative of the final product.

You and I just disagree on what an arcade game is. I see no similarity whatsoever -- it is like comparing a da Vinci painting to pop art!. Even FSX and X-plane are way beyond anything I have ever seen in an arcade.

When I said that my flying experience in MSFS is "close" to that shown in the trailers, I was using conservative language (unusual in flightsim forums, to be sure!). Fact is, what I see when I am flying is, for all intents and purposes, "spot on".  You have a different opinion; that's fine. I am telling you what I see in exploring large areas of the globe. MSFS is a revolutionary advance in flight simulation, far beyond anything seen before, and as time goes on this is becoming more and more apparent.

Missing water masks is not an opinion. How I hate the totally wrong use of the word "opinion" nowadays... There is nothing like an opinion regarding facts. You cant have an opinion about 1 + 1 = 2 neither, no? You can have an opinion about whether or not you like what you see, but not about whether or not the trailer shows things that are simply not there in the sim...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Wow, just flew a multiplayer flightplan through the San Juan Islands, together with our usual Avsim RTW group.  Carbon Savage Cubs, 18 landings... smooth all the way..

Some arcade game 🙂

Pics to prove it here....OK....Maybe I was flying crazy and would never do this in real life...but that is part of the excitement (and dare I say fun) exists in a sim IMO.

(Great finally "meeting" you Bert after all this time crossing paths here on Avsim) 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

MYNN does look much better, but it is a big world. If it is going to take this lone to get a few locations, the process of updating the world will likely outlast their contract with MS.

To me (and I realize this is just my opinion), the process isn't complete until the finish the top holiday destinations. Included in that is the Mexican Caribbean. That area looks terrible. I just flew over the bay between Isla Mujeres and Cancun. The water should be all shades of brilliant blue. Instead, it is a textureless milky blue from 1,000ft.

I make a big deal about this area because it is a top five holiday destination for American's, Canadians and it is a growing destination for Europeans and people from Central and South America. The Cancun Airport is the second busiest airport in Mexico and the third busiest airport in Latin America. In addition, Aruba, Dominican Republic and Jamaica need to be addressed along with Greece and other parts of the Mediterranean. These should be the high priority areas, and Asobo should at least provide a rough timetable for completing the water masks in those locations. MYNN is a nice start, but it only handles 1/3 of the passengers handled by MMUN. While I get that data availability drives the development timeline, they should also be focusing on the most popular areas with its customer base. Greece will be pretty complicated due to the number of islands, but the Caribbean locations I mentioned are fairly small, and shouldn't be that heavy of a lift. The biggest benefit of getting these areas fixed, they will be the first FS development team to get me to shut up about this (FSim got me to shut up about the airport in P3D, but they couldn't finish the area due to P3D limitations).

Nice to see a little progress, but I'd like to see a plan that includes specifics that include where we will see water masks and when we'll see them.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

While exploring for other areas I came upon this. OMG, I think this is the most beautiful water I have ever seen in the sim:

Jl3x2Fr.png

Here is the area with map. I believe these areas only works with older mask file; if someone can confirm that.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I just tested it, I have them as well. look at these water masks 😍

water-mask-1.png

water-mask-2.png

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I just flew over that very spot. There's nothing there.

That's weird, I checked MYNN after seeing the message from Alvega earlier today. Do you have BING data set to on?

Here's a quick and dirty video I captured just now, same area

@BijanStudio my screenshot and video at MYNN are with the defaut simulator, I did not replace any file. Everything disabled in the community folder too.

By the way, nice video, how do you move around so quickly? I'm a total noob when it comes to playing with external cameras