Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Aerosoft CRJ preview pictures

13 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Hahah just might do that. To be honest, I have always wanted to write reviews for flight sim stuff. Heck, I’ve been in this hobby for over 25 years, I use to remember the long write ups. I couldn’t wait to read them when they came off the press.

Matt- I was glad to read that 🙂

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Hahah just might do that. To be honest, I have always wanted to write reviews for flight sim stuff. Heck, I’ve been in this hobby for over 25 years, I use to remember the long write ups. I couldn’t wait to read them when they came off the press.

That would be fantastic!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Nice! So they chose to ignore my question. Just lovely.

Think of a group working almost non stop to deliver us this product as soon as possible. Don't think they have time to read the forums and respond every single answer. No need to think it as personal.

• Like 1

Alexis Mefano

Aerosoft isn't aiming for the "study level" market. Never have, never will.

Their customers are the same ones who buy Eurotruck simulator or OMSI.

Expecting anything different is expecting a leopard to lose its spots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Aerosoft isn't aiming for the "study level" market. Never have, never will.

Their customers are the same ones who buy Eurotruck simulator or OMSI.

Expecting anything different is expecting a leopard to lose its spots.

LOL. I'll be the judge.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, bendead said:

He did not say it would be collimated. 'More or less' the same as the PMDG HUD is a bit wishy-washy. In fairness, the question was a bit wishy-washy too. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

20 minutes ago, odourboy said:

He did not say it would be collimated. 'More or less' the same as the PMDG HUD is a bit wishy-washy. In fairness, the question was a bit wishy-washy too. 

He did, but seems like he edited his reply. you can ask DJJose

And if you're not happy with the question, why not asking them next time, maybe there is a reason why he did not replied about collimated question the first time and edited his reply

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bendead said:

He did, but seems like he edited his reply

So, reading between the lines (edited his answer and avoided the direct question), he did in fact suggest not to expect a collimator HUD. Thanks!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's a game, therefore it should be reviewed by gamers. I don't see the Pentagon reviewing the Call of Duty series.

LOL!  They probably should!!!

That series has gone to the crapper a long time ago!!!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Would you be so kind as to link to a FAA review of an Aerosoft addon?

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Moving-the-Goalposts

This you?

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Interesting comment from PMDG in that thread. They had planned to move half of their staff to Bordeaux this year, but it was stopped due to Covid. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

19 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's a game, therefore it should be reviewed by gamers. I don't see the Pentagon reviewing the Call of Duty series.

Maybe the Pentagon don't review combat games too often, but they have done so in the past, albeit privately as part of their research process for creating their own game of that kind. In case you were unaware of this, the US Government does indeed make and publish its own first person shooter combat game for PC and XBox, You can download it from here.

They use it as a recruiting and publicity tool. It's pretty good actually, much better and far more realistic than pretty much every other shooter game, and especially better than Call of Duty, although that wouldn't actually be hard to be honest, because Call of Duty is absolutely awful. 

Back closer on topic however, as long as a review by anyone from any background is either entertaining or informative, and hopefully neither funded by the developers nor biased in some other way, then it doesn't really matter whom is doing it. 

Nevertheless, it's as well to be aware of a few things with this forthcoming add-on CRJ too. First up, it's coming in at under the fifty quid mark, and for a regional airliner with decent functionality, that's not too bad a price at all when compared to other stuff, not least because other stuff you can get for MSFS is severely limited anyway. But that price tag means expecting it to rival the super-duper system functionality of things such as the FSL A320, which costs nearly three times that price, is somewhat optimistic.

If it's a reasonably convincing depiction of the real thing, then it'll have hit its target. After all, it's supposed to be entertaining and have some widespread appeal; it's not like they're aiming to have something an airline could use for type ratings. So if it isn't super-duper realistic with regard to the hydraulic gauge fluid levels during an engine crank up etc, or the electrical load doesn't drop half an amp when someone puts the kettle on in the galley, does it really matter that much on something which costs about the same as a night in the pub? (or at least did back when we could actually go to pubs, prior to the zombie apocalypse). Most people who buy it won't want or need to spend three days studying a manual in order to learn all the memory items for some check ride they are never going to have to do for real, and that's hardly most people's idea of a fun time anyway.

And - as someone else noted - with regard to Aerosoft customers buying things such as OMSI and Euro and American Truck Simulator; what's wrong with that anyway? It's true that nobody plays those things expecting this to make them able to ace an HGV driving test for real, or know which junction of the M62 they should come off at when driving an articulated lorry from Swansea to Leeds, but it doesn't stop them from being fun:

BnFrs8P.png

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here