Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Aerosoft CRJ preview pictures

6 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Did they explicitly mentioned that somewhere that FS2020 editor can't handle it? 

Yes they did it, implicitly and explicitly:

"there are still some major technical challenges that remain to be solved before it can adequately support a product as complex as NG3"

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/84814-26sep20-let-s-get-down-to-business-shall-we

18 minutes ago, BigDee said:

Yes they did it, implicitly and explicitly:

"there are still some major technical challenges that remain to be solved before it can adequately support a product as complex as NG3"

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/84814-26sep20-let-s-get-down-to-business-shall-we

The main technical challenge for PDMG is "daddy Asobo hasn't made it so all our legacy code runs with 0 changes so we can sell it to you all again for another $150"

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I think there is a misconception that it's only Aerosoft who have full access and are working with the developers. Mr. Randazzo had said several times that PMDG are in close and frequent contact with Asobo. He actually posted on the Aerosoft forums that if it weren't for Covid, PMDG would have moved half their staff to France for two months. Mr. Kok also said the reason why PMDG are taking longer is not because of a lack of access.

You're right about PMDG's development process for MSFS, it's slower than anticipated but work on the NG3 hasn't stopped.

Yeah I was actually reading that thread this morning.  Interesting that PMDG were actually planning to send basically half their dev team to France to work directly with Asobo, before COVID ruined everything.

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

The main technical challenge for PDMG is "daddy Asobo hasn't made it so all our legacy code runs with 0 changes so we can sell it to you all again for another $150"

I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop, in a year or two, and due to “extraordinary work” that went into the new plane the price increases to negate the $100 discount we got for buying the NGX

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

The problem is that we cannot interpret his messages to an extent that we know what is really going on. It can be this way, or the other way. PMDG might want legacy features to be implemented, or the API is just missing essential features. Nobody knows for sure from the official statements, at least there is no direct sign on legacy features.

This was the latest statement:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589974-pmdg-update/?tab=comments#comment-4412307

It would have been much better if PMDG would tell us the true story and give us real insights. But that ain`t going to happen.

I find it remarkable how some people think they can conclude that what a developer says about the technicalities of their own addons is nonsense, especially while several other developers are saying the same thing.

It either means the SDK isn't actually complete enough for their addons to work or to work in the way they are intended to. Or it means they are waiting for the announced features to be able to bring what they already have to the new platform instead of rewriting things from scratch, whereby the latter wouldn't make any sense because they would have to pull resources from other projects to redo what's already there only to end up having wasted resources and other projects delayed.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So much for PMDG and others off topic, here are a couple of nice images of the new CRJ700 for MFS testing the approach mode.  These were posted by Frank (the Dude) over on the Aerosoft forum. Looking good.  Oh, Vol 2, QRG, of the manuals was posted by Mathijs for review and comment. You can download it at the Aerosoft site, page 34.

CRJ 700 on approach - MFS.jpg

CRJ 700 on approach - MFS_.jpg

• Like 7

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The pictures are indeed good looking. But for sake:

PLEASE READ REVIEWS BEFORE INVESTING IN THIS ADD-ON.

Thanks 😝

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BigDee said:

Thanks 😝

It seems to be almost impossible to read reviews before this add on is even completed.  This is a totally new model using new code, new flight dynamics, in a new flight sim.  It sounds like you are expecting something very different than what most of us are expecting.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 3

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

Thanks 😝

May we ASSUME you are a beta tester ???  I'm a gambler and I trust this developer and his staff.  Gonna sink my hard earned 40 bucks on DAY 1 and throw CAUTION TO THE WIND  <pun intended> !! 😷👍🛩️

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 2

WAT1460.png

[DELETED]

Edited by cmorg

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

1 hour ago, raymar said:

It seems to be almost impossible to read reviews before this add on is even completed.  This is a totally new model using new code, new flight dynamics, in a new flight sim.  It sounds like you are expecting something very different than what most of us are expecting.

Regards,

Ray

I think he means until it's out and reviewed we don't know WHAT to expect.

But there were two prior major releases (obviously on old/different code) that both had unresolved issues despite numerous updates and promises.

So maybe those two other releases are setting the tone for his expectations?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I think he means until it's out and reviewed we don't know WHAT to expect.

But there were two prior major releases (obviously on old/different code) that both had unresolved issues despite numerous updates and promises.

So maybe those two other releases are setting the tone for his expectations?

I must be one of the luckiest simmers ever !  In P3D, I  purchased Aerosoft Airbus 320 family and Aerosoft CRJ family.  Other than some minor issues that were always resolved for me, I enjoyed many years with them. 

WAT1460.png

3 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I must be one of the luckiest simmers ever !  In P3D, I  purchased Aerosoft Airbus 320 family and Aerosoft CRJ family.  Other than some minor issues that were always resolved for me, I enjoyed many years with them. 

I tried everything and I always had problems with the tracking in NAV mode, especially when there is a vector in the departure.

Then later versions developed problems with the pressurization system.

Then the A320 in P3DV4 I had problems with VNAV (managed airspeed dropping) for the longest and gave up.

Edited by JasonPC

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Regards,

Ray

New code, new flight dynamics, and a new flight sim means it's going to be a disaster at launch. Anyone who's been in this hobby for a while should know this, especially at AVSIM "Reviewer".

• Like 1