Sign in to follow this  
bbking

FlyTampa Las Vegas released!

14 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I posted example pics a few pages back.  I definitely have an older CPU and although my GPU is still nice, it's also dated.  I'm also NOT at 4K - I think a lot of people are expecting too much at 4k with 8GB vram.

I'm also running @ 4k with render scaling set to 70. Performance @ lax, nyc and other dense areas great. It's only KLAS I have the problem. Will remove the city and try again when I get home later 

I had horrible fps with this scenery. (see my earlier posts)

I finally got it working "correctly" by:

• Using Photogrammetry mode
  • Installing CTD-fix update
  • Re-enabling my scenery cache
  • Removing the enhanced lighting update

Final FPS test 2K at default HIGH setting

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

• Using Photogrammetry mode (How do I do this?)
  • Installing CTD-fix update (done)
  • Re-enabling my scenery cache (What does this mean?)
  • Removing the enhanced lighting update (I can remove this once I enable the city. I currently have only the KLAS and the enhanced Lighting)

WOW you are averaging 50FPS. What is your HW? I have the latest Intel CPU but a basic video card. I can't find the 3080

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Sounds like you just got lucky...  I've done all of that with the same results (low FPS). Using just the airport alone is working for now on my end, awaiting the patch from FT.

Photogrammetry is standard, not sure why anyone would fly without it.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, Manny said:

WOW you are averaging 50FPS. What is your HW? I have the latest Intel CPU but a basic video card. I can't find the 3080

Enabling/disabling photogrammetry on/off is in found under general settings and data.

Rolling cache settings are found at the same place.

EDIT: My system specs are in my signature

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Sounds like you just got lucky...  I've done all of that with the same results (low FPS). Using just the airport alone is working for now on my end, awaiting the patch from FT.

Photogrammetry is standard, not sure why anyone would fly without it.

• I was originally getting between 9 and 20 fps before fiddling with the settings.
  • I often turn Photogrammetry off, both because the lod is better, and because oftentimes photogrammetry with its tree-like green monoliths, massive swaths of uncontrolled foliage and odd building lighting can be quite fugly.

EDIT: One of the things I noticed, and you can see in the video, is the scenery using quite a lot of Vram. which I suspect might be an issue on weaker cards. That suspicion led me to re-enabling my rolling cache on the shaky grounds that having all those textures and buildings cached might just be helpful to fps, though I have no idea if that's true or not.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

@HiFlyer

😲 Well that video does it for me.  I have a 1080TI so I am buying it and I will follow your settings.  Thanks! 👍

That is the best scenery I have ever seen in any sim.  The animations really bring it to life.  

Also, I found I devgrp's settings of 4k at 70% are acceptable on my 4k monitor.  I think the TAA and sharpening still make all of the instruments readable, but I notice my stuttering has gone again and I can easily hold 30 fps everywhere.  I only nudged it down from 4k at 80% but it seems to have made a profound difference.  What with this, the Carenado's being fixed, and scenery coming through like this Las Vegas, I am really feeling the love for the sim again. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

23 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Ouch the VRAM usage is high and puts anyone w/ an 8GB card out of the market for this scenery currently!

3090 territory..... And people said they would stick with the 3080 🙂 As I said, this isn't a normal game....

• Like 2

My temporary FPS fix was to remove the PBR & Normal textures for now. Lowered VRAM slightly, and doesn't effect the overall experience for me, especially at night. Got the extra 8-10 FPS needed to raise things above a slide show. I posted the steps to do so in separate topic for better visibility for users looking for a quick fix: 

Edited by Truthan
added commentary

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

This is totally unrealistic and going to cause FPS rendering issues flying that low with no LOD and everything rendered in full detail at point blank viewing distance.

I seriously doubt the scenery was developed to be used/viewed by flying over it at 50ft and 70+ Kts!

What was your FPS stock with this scenery from 1k ft?

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

This is all great and would make since if there was a problem with MSFS in general but changing anything to this degree for one scenery location much less buying a new video card for scenery that will have a fix later this week is overkill for me.  It's obvious there's a problem in which FT is producing a fix.  Until then I'm keeping my settings and hardware the same and hopefully by Friday I can use the scenery as intended without changing a thing on my end.🧐

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

This is totally unrealistic and going to cause FPS rendering issues flying that low with no LOD and everything rendered in full detail at point blank viewing distance.

And yet it works fine.

10 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I seriously doubt the scenery was developed to be used/viewed by flying over it at 50ft and 70+ Kts!

And yet the models and textures are designed with detail only visible from such close distances...

11 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What was your FPS stock with this scenery from 1k ft?

I have not tried that yet.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Is there anyone here interested in how this works at 4k with a 9900k and a 3090? I wasn't planning to pick this up (yet, anyway) but I don't mind trying it out tonight. It is only $20...

I am concerned about the current performance of the FT implementation because I'm only getting about 40 FPS max over the city at low altitude with the default. I actually don't think that the default photogrammetry looks all that bad. Note that I do run the sim somewhere between high and ultra settings.

I’ll probably pick it up tomorrow. I’m running a 5900x and 3090. 

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64