Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Carenado Waco

Okay, a quick update on the Waco HSI issue:

It turns out my HSI is NOT broken after all. The VOR I was turning into 110.50 was in fact an ILS frequency, whereby the "needle" will always be split from a distance and won't line up of course unless you are aligned with the runway.

Once I tuned in to an actual VOR (with DME), I was able to select a radial to fly, and did perfectly all the way to the VOR. Southampton 113.35 from the Isle Of Wight.

So in conclusion, The HSI is NOT broken after the update. Unlike the Seminole, which wont even turn in the cockpit.

I hope this can help some of you who are having problems.

Edited by Tigerclaw

Is the HSI actually broken for everyone who has updated the Seminole?  Or is it just due to the over-installation issue with the new version, for which someone posted a work-around I believe.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Please check the "Add-On-section"-"Aircraft" in the "official" forum:

There seems to be a workaround or replacement-file for the HSI-problem of the carenado-birds.

The problem is related to the loading-order of the planes, an if the Waco-Files stays active at last, there are some informations missing for the Seminole.

Regards

SloMo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

Okay, a quick update on the Waco HSI issue:

It turns out my HSI is NOT broken after all. The VOR I was turning into 110.50 was in fact an ILS frequency, whereby the "needle" will always be split from a distance and won't line up of course unless you are aligned with the runway.

Once I tuned in to an actual VOR (with DME), I was able to select a radial to fly, and did perfectly all the way to the VOR. Southampton 113.35 from the Isle Of Wight.

So in conclusion, The HSI is NOT broken after the update. Unlike the Seminole, which wont even turn in the cockpit.

I hope this can help some of you who are having problems.

The HSI was broken for me. Just like in the Seminole. 

Then I deleted the CARENADO-AIRCRAFT-WYMF5 file from here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\KHE\507769935 (the last digits may be different on your system)

And now it works again. 

I also had other issues with the Waco after the update, but they're now resolved. 

Same solution works for HSI issues in the Seminole.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I accidentally took off with the tail wheel unlocked the other night but with the stick firmly pulled back and I did not have any trouble getting it airborne. This was also without the 75lb bagage trick, so best tip is to listen to people who fly taildraggers in real life. It is still hard work to keep it on the runway but when I see videos of the real plane, that seems normal with that giant, powerful radial up front.

I managed to take-off and land from the narrow runway of Milford Sound.
Because of the hard work, it's fun to fly!

Edited by bvdboomen

I find taking off with power reduced to about 70 per cent stops it swinging about so much. 

It needs a bit of runway of course, but It's a nice journey flying backwards and forwards between Edwards Air Force Base and Vandenberg!  😀

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The Carenado WACO still has take-off/Landing issues even after the recent update. You people are simply finding work-arounds but this is still bugged.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

The Carenado WACO still has take-off/Landing issues even after the recent update. You people are simply finding work-arounds but this is still bugged.

If you watch the wind sock and take off on the best runway taking wind into consideration you shouldn't have a problem taking off and landing.  Crosswinds are challenging.  I agree there's more work to be done to improve the takeoff characteristics.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

33 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

It’s better but far from perfect 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

47 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Why is the Centre of Gravity always off in this aircraft too when looking at the weight settings?

Because it is actually off when flying not just in the settings. The thing is way too front heavy. It is like they put a Duplex Cyclone from a Bearcat in the front in terms of weight (and torque reaction but without the 2000 HP).

But it is fun to fly and relatively simple post patch (albeit still unrealistic) to take off and land with back stick or slight nose up trim.  Prepatch it was suicidal and needed full nose up trim or full back stick just to take off.

It is way better but still broken.

If you are likely to fly a real one and want your sim version to match the relatively tame (for a tail dragger) real world one, or just want tame take-offs, avoid this aircraft for now.  Either do not buy it at all or park it till it is eventually fixed. Simple as that.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

15 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

(albeit still unrealistic)

Carenado has to dragged kicking and screaming into 'realistic'. Even the it's the community that does the kicking. As it is at the moment it seen the community doesn't have the wherewithall to do much. Or mayby not the inclination to put right Carenado's that'll do philosophy

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

25 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Carenado has to dragged kicking and screaming into 'realistic'. Even the it's the community that does the kicking. As it is at the moment it seen the community doesn't have the wherewithall to do much. Or mayby not the inclination to put right Carenado's that'll do philosophy

They eventually did fix the Mooney.

However for the time being if you own it, enough people complaining direct to Carenado will get them moving, but otherwise your choices are find some work arounds to make it flyable or park it till it is fixed.  Venting here is unlikely to do much, I very much doubt Carenado are even aware of this thread.

Venting? Just stating an historical fact. Carenado put out an aeroplane, Bernt Stolle and Bert Pieke put it right. Everyonr was happy. Especially Carenado. Cheap labour.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Venting here is unlikely to do much, I very much doubt Carenado are even aware of this thread.

That's a very unfair thing to say. People aren't venting as such but taking part in a discussion about the short-comings of a payware aircraft that still hasn't been fixed even after the first patch. It helps others who stumble on threads like this and who are thinking of purchasing the Carenado WACO to make an informed decision.

For your information, I have also put in another ticket to Carenado, just as I did before the update.

I think we're all well aware that Carenado don't go to forums such as this but it doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss a particular product whether it's good or bad. After all, this thread is titled, Carenado WACO.