Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

52 minutes ago, jankees said:

I love it too, it's beautiful!

Makes me hope Andrey brings back the Safir..

jk10365

Jaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

How SPLENDID to see you here!  Now, if we can get you working on this platform soon I'll be very, very HAPPY!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

How SPLENDID to see you here!  Now, if we can get you working on this platform soon I'll be very, very HAPPY!

C

He's already done a bunch of paints unless I'm looking at the wrong username

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

56 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

Thanks for the notification that this is out. Is it, for example, a deeper simulation that the Carenado Mooney?

That's like asking for a comparison between Two Buck Chuck and a Chateau Mouton Rothschild.. no real comparison. They are very different in their approach to flight simulation- and I say that, LIKING the Mooney for what it is.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

BTW clicking on the German Flag, brings you mostly English Labeling....

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

12 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

C

Euh, I did a whole series of msfs paints already, TBM's, MB-339's, C208's, Cubs, currently working on the Goose, the Duck and now this...

But it's Jankees..

• Like 3

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

10 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

That's like asking for a comparison between Two Buck Chuck and a Chateau Mouton Rothschild.. no real comparison. They are very different in their approach to flight simulation- and I say that, LIKING the Mooney for what it is.

C

If I'm honest I'm not sure what those two things are (I'm British!). So the comparison was lost on me! 

OK small bugs/shortcomings review

FM

1) accelerated stall - non existing

2) power on/off stalls - OK

3) spins - 10 out 10 attempts fails to enter even into incipient spin

4) carburetor engine doesn't chock when flying inverted

5) yaw/rudder trim animation is not showing movement when using key/axis binding

ELECTRICAL:

1) Radio - inop. MSFS doesn't read frequency or see power on

2) GPS mentioned in manual is missing

OTHER:

1) Open window doesn't change sound

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

55 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Did anyone figure out how to turn radio on? I turned two switches ON: 1 on overhead panel "radio" and 1  on radio unit itself but there is no communication

After turning on the swtch on the overhead panel, and then the switch on the left radio knob itself, I turned the COMM volume up and then manually tuned the radio to the desired frequency, and comms started working.  I think the radio is on default decimal frequency (XXX.x25) that the comms menu doesn't like.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Bigbluss said:

Thanks for the notification that this is out. Is it, for example, a deeper simulation that the Carenado Mooney?

Carenado models a newer aircraft.  This is a vintage model so it's basic by it's very nature.  Both are good and in this case both can be used in the same sentence as not much is going on avionics wise.  The flight model is good in both.  If you like the Mooney you'll like this one as well. It's a great airshow bird if ever there were scenery produced for Oshkosh and Sun N Fun in Florida to name two (and I mean full airshow week scenery present at these airports).

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

My wife just punished me for spending too much money on flight sim this month lol...but this plane is looking awesome!

I hear you, mine keeps asking , “I thought you said if you bought the deluxe premium version you wouldn’t have to buy that many more airplanes for it?”

Which I thought was going to be the case...

...alas hindsight, etc.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

After turning on the swtch on the overhead panel, and then the switch on the left radio knob itself, I turned the COMM volume up and then manually tuned the radio to the desired frequency, and comms started working.  I think the radio is on default decimal frequency (XXX.x25) that the comms menu doesn't like.

It didn't work for me initially by dialing frequencies. And ATC windows showed "power off". After cold and dark start I had to use keys to autostart that seems made a trick

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

In addition to the already mentioned issues I have a misplaced Pilot and Passengers. They are sitting higher and partially outside of the plane.

Edited by driver101

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

2 hours ago, jankees said:

I love it too, it's beautiful!

Makes me hope Andrey brings back the Safir..

50766099838_3dd3118d55_o.jpgjk10365

Jankees is it possible to download this repaint?  It looks nicer than the default ones.

What an absolutely knock out add-on aeroplane this one is, worth every penny. 🙂

Flies beautifully and looks stunning both inside and out as well as being a cute little thing which looks like it's flown out of a children's book, in spite of being a Focke Wulf.

oRcqORj.png

But as if all this isn't enough, it also works in Air Hauler 2 for MSFS since it doesn't have an encrypted Aircraft config file, not that it'll be much use as a cargo plane, but I couldn't resist adding it to my company roster, which meant I had to fly the type rating for it. The weather was cack for the test, but it just goes to show what a beautifully handling aeroplane it is that on the first flight I made in it, I passed the test just fine:

rrmWeUc.png

QxMA6G6.png

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here