Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

Any communication with dev? They have been ignoring my FB message for over a month! lOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Any communication with dev? They have been ignoring my FB message for over a month! lOL

Andrey is close to releasing an update to this airplane, beta in final test as best I can tell.

• Like 3

Bert

Oh beautiful! Was waiting for a bare metal livery for this one! 🤩 Thanks a ton! 

Edited by saifs

19 minutes ago, saifs said:

Oh beautiful! Was waiting for a bare metal livery for this one! 🤩 Thanks a ton! 

Jan has done a few over at flightsim.to already

I love this Austrian one...

https://flightsim.to/file/6088/piaggio-p-149-austrian-air-force-3e-ab

You can easily search for more.  Just type in piaggio.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, saifs said:

True, the Austrian one is super.... And now for a bare metal Waco! 

Don't forget a bare metal Bleriot! :biggrin:

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Hello @ll,

just thought that I should put this out there. The knobs in the cockpit can be controlled with LVARs

For example, the COM knobs:

1. left hand COM knob, that controls the "whole" digits of the frequency:

Script for increasing the digits (118 - 136):
(L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)·140·>·if{·14·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)·7·+·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)

Script for decreasing the digits:
(L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)·14·<·if{·140·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)·7·-·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)

2. Right hand COM knob, that controls the left portion of the "fract" digits of the frequency:

Script for increasing the digits (0.0 - 0.9):
(L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)·70·>·if{·7·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)·7·+·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)

Script for decreasing the digits:
(L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)·14·<·if{·70·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)·7·-·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)

3. Inner part of the right hand COM knob, that controls the 25KHz portion of the "fract" digits of the frequency:

Script for increasing the digits (x00 -x75):
(L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)·28·>·if{·14·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)·7·+·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)

Script for decreasing the digits
(L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)·14·<·if{·28·}·els{·(L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)·7·-·}·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)

Edit: It shouldn't be too hard to make a script that adjusts these knobs so they dial in the COM1 standby frequency at the push of a button.
Edit 2: here is the script. When you trigger this, it will write the current COM1 standby frequency into the radio of the plane:

(A:COM·STANDBY·FREQUENCY:1,·seconds)·1000·/·s1·1000·/·flr·117·-·7·*·(>L:PG_comm_knob_l,·Number)·l1·1000·%·100·/·flr·7·*·7·+·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r,·Number)·l1·100·%·25·/·7·*·7·+·(>L:PG_comm_knob_r_in,·Number)

Use these scripts in your prefered controller assignment software and you can turn the knobs from the outside (Joystick, MIDI, Keyboard etc.). The scripts are in the classic RPN notation, but it should be easy to convert them to LUA etc.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

Hi guys! My girls are hot and sometimes not. Is this a model or simulator bug?

girls1.png

girls2.png

girls3.png

Edited by charliearon
embed photos

Please embed your pics instead of posting a link!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

42 minutes ago, JBL said:

Hi guys! My girls are hot and sometimes not. Is this a model or simulator bug?

Simulator.

The Jabiru sometimes does it as well. A few other planes.

Some users report a temporary work around is too change pilot Avatars in the options menu and save the change. If you want the original avatar just change back and save again.  The problem eventually returns but the work around might get you out of trouble if you are trying to make a video or take a screenshot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Simulator.

The Jabiru sometimes does it as well. A few other planes.

Some users report a temporary work around is too change pilot Avatars in the options menu and save the change. If you want the original avatar just change back and save again.  The problem eventually returns but the work around might get you out of trouble if you are trying to make a video or take a screenshot.

Thanks, I'll try to do this.