Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

Did the gear handle move when you used the joystick button or keyboard command? How fast did you fly when you tried to lower the gear?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Make sure the generator fault light (above the main 6 pack gauges) is not on. If it is, then push the circuit breaker next to the light in. Once the light goes off, the gear will work. 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:00 AM, bobcat999 said:

It is just an aid that is easier to see than the compass.

1. Make sure the overhead gyro switch is on, and wait for it to settle a few seconds.
2. Calibrate the pin to the wet compass.
3. If you want to, set your bars to your desired heading, when your pin matches the bars (parallel between the bars), you are right on track - just easier to see that's all. 

I see that this is the way it operates in this panel, but I also have trouble believing that the real unit operates this way..

In every directional gyro that I have ever flown, the rose rotates as I change direction.

Could someone verify that this particular (vintage) aircraft was designed to operate this way?

ie stationary rose, rotating needle/pin?

Thanks!

Bert

On 1/16/2021 at 12:51 AM, Spit40 said:

Thanks, but this is still confusing me. I think its the way you use it that I'm not used to. My thinking is that I just want to know what direction I'm heading now. If I set the compass rose to match the wet compass then I'm good on the runway but the gyro rose never moves. So I can also set the arrow (heading / course?) to point straight ahead too and that will move but why have a compass rose then? 

I think you are correct, and the simulation is incorrect.

I have just sent a set of photos to the author that clearly show the rose rotating in flight.

Bert

30 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I see that this is the way it operates in this panel, but I also have trouble believing that the real unit operates this way..

In every directional gyro that I have ever flown, the rose rotates as I change direction.

Could someone verify that this particular (vintage) aircraft was designed to operate this way?

ie stationary rose, rotating needle/pin?

Thanks!

I just checked.  It is only the pin that moves as you change direction.  This is calibrated to the wet compass with a knob to start with, then it moves with the compass in flight. 

The rose remains fixed during flight, but you can rotate it with the other knob, I presume to line up with the two vertical bars so it is easier to see when you are on your desired heading.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I just checked.  It is only the pin that moves as you change direction. 

That is what I see also, and I believe this was implemented incorrectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp1hb2c4wfuandv/20170909_0099-Lr.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp1hb2c4wfuandv/20170909_0099-Lr.JPG?dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Just thinking.  If the compass rose rotated, wouldn't you only need one indicator then, such as a fixed pin?  Maybe vertical?

That would then make the bars redundant, so I am confused as well now. 

I have never seen this instrument in real life, so I am not sure how it is supposed to function exactly. 

It will be interesting to see what the author says.  However, it is useable in its present form.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Just thinking.  If the compass rose rotated, wouldn't you only need one indicator then, such as a fixed pin?  Maybe vertical?

I believe the pin is the heading bug which can be set to a desired heading... and yes it would then work the way you indicated... but with a rotating rose.

• Like 1

Bert

I’m sure there are several good reasons not to do this but I just set the pin to the runway heading (checking against the compass as well) before takeoff.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

There is absolutely no good reason not to check the runway heading against all available instruments! You want to make sure that you are on there correct runway and that all navigational instruments agree on the heading indication! On the original Pi-149D Checklist you are required to do this check. 

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I am quite sure that the direction indicator is implemented correctly. The current direction is indicated by the rotating pin. The indicator on the AN-24 is implemented in a similar way. There is also a fixed rose - and the heading direction is indicated by the rotating symbol of the plane.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

If you watch this video, you can see that the compass rose is turning when the aircraft turns, best view around minute 3:15.

• Like 2

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Is there any workaround or update enabling comms fully functional? I still have to dial them manually and some intermediate frequencies do not work at all...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

If you watch this video, you can see that the compass rose is turning when the aircraft turns, best view around minute 3:15.

Proper evidence from Viking01!  👍

So it appears the pin moves with the aircraft heading, and as Bert has mentioned, the rose should also rotate.  Well spotted Bert! :biggrin:

• Like 1

When is the first update for this plane?

the overly loud touch down sounds kill immersion. Also would be nice to have the comms working!

any news?