Sign in to follow this  
raymar

CRJ delayed to 1st Quarter 2021

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

Q1 is just around the corner, so no problem for me. More time for anticipation. 😄

Unfortunately the end of Q1 is three months away, hopefully we get the CRJ before then though.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Well, we are used to delay, since we won't get proper MSFS made garmin unit with maybe VNAV for the next 2 month and a working ATC for the next 4.

Having seen and paid for the first two iterations of the CRJ for P3D, I have no reason to believe Hans Hartmann will ever produce a product that isn’t riddled with bugs and I doubt his terrible support is going to improve any either. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, flycln said:

Having seen and paid for the first two iterations of the CRJ for P3D, I have no reason to believe Hans Hartmann will ever produce a product that isn’t riddled with bugs and I doubt his terrible support is going to improve any either. 

I totally agree with you talking about the first generation CRJ X. It is a piece of garbage and I'm surprised it's still being sold. I was a loud, persistent complainer on the Aerosoft forum and took my share of "it works on our computers there's something wrong with yours" replies from the Deputies and other poo-bahs.

For whatever reason I asked to get into the testing for the "new and improved" CRJ Pro. First beta version I received was a completely different animal from the CRJ X. It would actually follow the flightplan and not go braindead into a lazy right hand turn on the same computer Aerosoft told me had something wrong. Can't remember how many iterations of the ascrj.dll we were given, and eventually the CRJ Pro became a believable airplane. As I remember, Hans was very open about making some changes, but not others. I was given a free upgrade to the CRJ Pro for being involved with the beta testing.

That being said, I will not be a first day/week/month buyer of the CRJ for MSFS2020. Instead I'll sit back and watch the carnage happen in the forums here and abroad. I'm confident Aerosoft will not disappoint me. In that time, hopefully, some other regional jet will come along from anyone else. Working title could make an amazing small airliner.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Not sure what is finished finished.  As long as there is NO CTDs and most used systems of flying an aircraft is done, It's finished. And additional functionality to be released subsequently  in phases like MSFS itself, is fine with me. Perfection is the enemy of the good. JMO. 🙂

I would be happy if PMDG releases their 777 with just the ILS and leaves out all other landing options until next year. Just a hypothetical example. I am ok with that. I'd take that over a perfect "finished" system 3 years from now.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

"We made a really tough decision to postpone the CRJ release into the first quarter of next year. This decision wasn't easy for us, because we know how much anticipation there is in the community for this add-on. "

there would not have been any anticipation, nothing to postpone had aerosoft not announced the CRJ prematurely, time and again, as with many of their other products. "much anticipation" is not the community's fault.

heaven can wait.

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

there would not have been any anticipation, nothing to postpone had aerosoft not announced the CRJ prematurely, time and again, as with many of their other products. "much anticipation" is not the community's fault.

heaven can wait.

Anticipation is all part of creating that buzz around your product though isn’t it, this isn’t an aerosoft thing but a marketing thing really. MSFS released their first trailer what 14 months before the release and many feel that was still rushed. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Carts85 said:

MSFS released their first trailer what 14 months before the release and ......

and MS released MSFS exactly on time August 18, not after any release announcement delays. anyone who thought MSFS was released prematurely, had a chance to test fly for 3$ via game pass and then decide. or  wait another year or as long as they see fit.

"this isn’t an aerosoft thing"

yes, it is a very aerosoft thing to not keep release dates, again and again, same procedure as every year, James. I don't believe any of their release dates whatsoever.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

After the release of the CRJ in P3D, there was a quote from an Aerosoft spokesperson I will never forget.  The jist of the statement was "sure, there are bugs in the CRJ, but nothing we considered to be show stoppers".  That's why they have so many simmers skeptical about a new release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, curt1 said:

The jist of the statement was "sure, there are bugs in the CRJ, but nothing we considered to be show stoppers".

sure MS/Asobo didn't say the same about MSFS? 🙂

very nice.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:22 PM, b1bmsgt said:

The FSX/P3D CRJ took like 7 years, so we seem to be ahead of the game...

so far...

I remember reading the CRJ Aerosoft forum, pre-release just for the entertainment value.  It was literally years of ...

“The release date is just around the corner!”  Literally many years worth.

19 hours ago, flycln said:

You are not going to convince anyon here on Avsim using experience and reason

17 hours ago, Manny said:

Not sure what is finished finished.  As long as there is NO CTDs and most used systems of flying an aircraft is done, It's finished. And additional functionality to be released subsequently  in phases like MSFS itself, is fine with me. Perfection is the enemy of the good. JMO. 🙂

I would be happy if PMDG releases their 777 with just the ILS and leaves out all other landing options until next year. Just a hypothetical example. I am ok with that. I'd take that over a perfect "finished" system 3 years from now.

Exhibit A.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 11:29 PM, Chock said:

Jeez, Aerosoft can't do right for doing wrong with some people can they? 

It is not about this, and you know it. When the release of the CRJ was announced for Christmas 2020, many including me instantly "knew" that this impossible. But people including AS officials reacted angry if you mentioned something like this. AS even dared to make fun of PMDGs statement that their 737 wont be near any release before end of 2021. THIS is what makes it kinda "funny" if they now have to postpone their overly ambitious release date. And to be honest, I doubt that we get a fully finished CRJ end of May. Rather a stripped down variant, all other stuff being added later via updates. And then, the fully finished CRJ might be ready not months but maybe just a few weeks before the PMDG plane...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

It is not about this, and you know it. When the release of the CRJ was announced for Christmas 2020, many including me instantly "knew" that this impossible. But people including AS officials reacted angry if you mentioned something like this. AS even dared to make fun of PMDGs statement that their 737 wont be near any release before end of 2021. THIS is what makes it kinda "funny" if they now have to postpone their overly ambitious release date. And to be honest, I doubt that we get a fully finished CRJ end of May. Rather a stripped down variant, all other stuff being added later via updates. And then, the fully finished CRJ might be ready not months but maybe just a few weeks before the PMDG plane...

I do indeed know that it is not all about that, but the point with this add-on in particular, is it is not merely concerning the product alone. As we know, it is also concerning the wider implications of the fact that rather uniquely, the development of this add-on is linked to the development of the SDK, which will impact other developers as well, since it is tied to the roadmap for other products. This makes it a critical development and in this regard Aerosoft may very well be hindered by things which are genuinely beyond their control to a point where their release is impacted by implementation decisions from other parties, namely Asobo and Microsoft. This might be of a technical nature or it may be simply a case of ''wait 'til everyone is back after the new year'. Who can say for sure without being fully in that loop?

Obviously there is also the fact that some previous incarnations of the CRJ from Aerosoft have been problematic which are impacting on this particular subject's discussion. In regards to that, I personally didn't have too much in the way of issues with their first stab at the CRJ, although I thought they had a bloody cheek souping it up into a second version and then not throwing that at people who'd bought the former one for anything other than maybe a nominal fee, but this is an entirely separate issue and I'm not inclined to transfer my feelings on that matter to this development, because this genuinely is a new thing in more ways than one and this is really the crux of my point, in that there is a lot of 'blaming on the sins of their fathers' going on here in this thread and others relating to the CRJ. We all know that the protracted delay of the first Aerosoft CRJ was up to the point where it was comical, but this as I say is a separate issue.

Some of these points may potentially be of some relevance, but I suspect a lot of them are merely the transference of anger from preceding issues with preceding products, and whilst I'm not trying to belittle problems people might have had in that regard, I do think indulging in that can be inclined to cloud people's judgement on this matter and serve to muddy the waters in relation to impartial discussion about what is going on in this particular situation.

It is frustrating to not have a really good airliner for the new sim, but we have to be careful to not come off as entitled in wishing for one to show up and then throwing previous sins into the mix as a mask for such feelings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here