Sign in to follow this  
Twenty6

Bijan Studios Multi-Pack Seasons Upgrade

16 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Delete the SeasonsFS.dat file to clear it's memory and try again by letting it search. Do you have more than one community folder?

I tried that and it didn't work.  I have only the one community folder that I am aware of.

1 minute ago, jfwharton said:

I tried that and it didn't work.  I have only the one community folder that I am aware of.

Your path is wrong. It must have backslash at the end.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I manually pasted the path in with a backslash at the end and  get the error message "Cannot handle the Community path, search another one!"  As I mentioned before I am using Addon Linker and that works so I guess I'll stick with that.

Edited by jfwharton

So do I understand it right that now I must install one season before every flight depending on a hemisphere where I plan to fly instead of one change once in three months? There are how many airports in the MSFS? And of them how many are from Orbx? Sorry but that multiseason package was perfect and this was a bad decision. I will keep to multi-season but I'm not happy that I lost the possibility for updates.

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think you need to point the installer to the community folder in the localcache folder or something like that, not the community folder you actually install into? 

Sorry, not at PC now. 

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

16 hours ago, scotchegg said:

I think you need to point the installer to the community folder in the localcache folder or something like that, not the community folder you actually install into? 

Sorry, not at PC now. 

That suggestion wouldn't work as FS2020 uses the community folder that I listed above.

I just purchased and downloaded v4.1 from SimMarket on April 2d.  No executable in any of the downloaded files.  No link.  about.txt says that install.txt contains the link.  It definitely does not.  An update would be much appreciated.  Having to leave the sim and move folders around is fairly annoying.  You say you uploaded the .exe on March 12th.  Where?  if you're working on this Bijan, please just say so.  People can be patient, but with no word at all - it's frustrating.  I look forward to enjoying your beautiful project, but much moreso when it runs automatically in the background.

Thanks so much,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Mylander

I just place the seasons maps in a add-on folder i have create outside the sim and use "add-on linker" to link the season I like to use.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I just place the one i use in the community folder and then, 3 months later do the same for the next season. Absolutely easy and no work...

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Yeah very easy to use with the addon linker and/or simple placement into the community folder. I am glad it doesn't do automatic stuff in the background - I like knowing which season I have installed and total control on when I change it.

Great product too, been really enjoying the winter season since I purchased it. Will be moving to Spring soon!

• Like 2

Interesting, I purchased based on my understanding that this would allow one to see trees out to a further distance since the MS update 3.  I now think this is not the case.  The season changes are nice so I do not completely regret my purchase, but just be aware about the distance issue.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

14 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Interesting, I purchased based on my understanding that this would allow one to see trees out to a further distance since the MS update 3.  I now think this is not the case.  The season changes are nice so I do not completely regret my purchase, but just be aware about the distance issue.

You need to increase LOD distance in your UserCfg.opt

Example

{Terrain
        LoDFactor 6.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 6.000000

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bijang has an updated app for use with his 4 seasons.

This automatically puts the correct season in the community folder. 
Or you manually choose a season and it will be installed into the community folder.

Works like a breeze.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Bijang has an updated app for use with his 4 seasons.

Where can one find this app Gerard? I purchased from Simmarket and it's still the 1 folder manual type installation! 

Thanks Rick

tpewpb-6.png

6 hours ago, Andrew Mylander said:

I just purchased and downloaded v4.1 from SimMarket on April 2d.  No executable in any of the downloaded files.  No link.  about.txt says that install.txt contains the link.  It definitely does not.  An update would be much appreciated.  Having to leave the sim and move folders around is fairly annoying.  You say you uploaded the .exe on March 12th.  Where?  if you're working on this Bijan, please just say so.  People can be patient, but with no word at all - it's frustrating.  I look forward to enjoying your beautiful project, but much moreso when it runs automatically in the background.

Thanks so much,

Andrew

I am contently updating. Sorry you didn't have the link. Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XfiYXyXI3yW2EYJoSYrwgC_RCf4IhLbd/view?usp=sharing

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.