Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Crash Poll

Crash Poll  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Since owning MSFS 2020, which crash has occurred more frequently?

• I have crashed my plane more times than the sim has crashed to desktop.
    • The sim has crashed to desktop more time than I have crashed my plane.

8 hours ago, Gate99 said:

Your forgot option 3:

You have no issues with you crashing your plane or MSFS crashing.

That's the one that has my vote.

That would also be my vote.  Mine were caused by click point issue in the Carenado Mooney, the other by the VFR map bug.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I have CTD sometimes but think it is because I use BETA air manager / air player panels on several monitors. And LINDA with my VR insight 737 combo panel.

I think it has something to do with simconnect, sure it will be fixed in the near future!

Edited by rob0203

The last one I had was in December when I was flying over London, but it coincided with my internet connection dropping at exactly the same time, so I classed it as a general glitch.

I have not had any large scale CTD's since I turned down the overclocking amount on my CPU and GPU.  It was fine for every other game / application, and I didn't believe people at first telling me to turn them down, as I had no trouble before.  but I went from 5.2 Ghz to 5 on the CPU, and GPU down by about 5% on the core, and all stable after that.  MSFS has a way of torturing your hardware!  I will also say that locking at a smooth 30 FPS rather than unlocked at about a stuttery 45 FPS has also helped stability... and heat...and fan noise! :smile:

The worst black screen I had was when the wife pulled the power out as I had been on MSFS virtually all day one Saturday (about 9-10 hours).  We are still together though...just about! 😆

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, Reader said:

It would appear that you need to look a little deeper...........

2.jpg

What does "set gear" even do?  Toggle, gear up, and gear down are all self explanatory... what else can be done to landing gear that necessitates a "set gear" button assignment?

Only had one CTD which was caused by a freeware airport EDDS.

For me I would get CTDs on long complex flights in the Airbus.   I upgraded from 16 to 32 GB RAM and never had a CTD again. Honestly, I think this thing can use 64GB of RAM.

The only other time I have had a CTD was addon related and cleared up after removal.

I had two or three CTDs, and several "don't mind the clouds, the mountain is probably far enough away" + one "don't mind the water, the plane can drive through" and one "don't mind the bridge, I am a car" (bridges make your plane crash).

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

The worst black screen I had was when the wife pulled the power out as I had been on MSFS virtually all day one Saturday (about 9-10 hours).  We are still together though...just about! 😆

I can relate!

I didn’t count spouse induced crashes...

“... you’re addicted, it’s dark out! You’ve been on that thing all day!!!”🤬

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1

I've had hardly any CTDs - most of them were with the Mooney back when hitting a button the wrong way caused a CTD. MSFS is an extremely stable game for me. I've had plenty of plane crashes though trying to do stupid stunts like landing on top of passenger terminals, landing on skyscrapers, etc.

Voting for No 3.

NO CTD either in 300 hours of flying since release.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

9 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Voting for No 3.

NO CTD either in 300 hours of flying since release.

Ive had CTDs, but none unexpected; they were caused by me intentionally trying something that other people reported as CTD events (like some Carenado click spots)

Edited by amahran

In over 300 hours of flying I have only had 3 CTD, and one was during the beta. I have found it to be a very stable platform. It will be interesting, though, to see how it performs when we begin testing it with more complex and resource demanding add-ons. I have stayed away from sim-connect utilities and will always stay away from any mod or utility that hacks into the simulator -- such as some of the current weather offerings. I may be wrong but I think that is asking for trouble, no?

Dan Scott

Lots of CTDs at the moment I think I have found the solution.

Block FPS over 30 in NCP.
I just did an unlimited FPS test in NCP but Scaline on RTSS and I had a CTD when I arrived in Paris.

I believe the only solution for me is to block FPS over 30 ...
But anyone know how to have a smooth picture without using and RTSS? I find the game too messed up without RTSS ... with 30 stuck in NCP ...

Hello all,

It would seem that this poll has been slightly pointless as most comments seem to point to an option (3) which does not exist. This would have to include me as well.

I feel that it would be interesting, given that slant, just how many people actually "voted" as such.  I also wonder if the OP has any plans to publish his findings LOL

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.