Sign in to follow this  
Seth2021

Random FPS drops with new MSFS update - "Red" manipulator

I almost hate to post for fear it will be a jinx, but rolling cache off has so far solved the problem for me. In the last 6 flights in different parts of the world, including my test flight where I would get the severe drops in fps repeatedly, I've not had a single instance of that symptom. I can't believe it's that simple and nobody else has mentioned this fix, but there ya go.

After turning off rolling cache I deleted the cache file. Last test I'm going to try is rolling cache back on which will be with a fresh cache file - will tell me whether turning off rolling cache, or a fresh file fixed it...will report back tomorrow night.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

I almost hate to post for fear it will be a jinx, but rolling cache off has so far solved the problem for me. In the last 6 flights in different parts of the world, including my test flight where I would get the severe drops in fps repeatedly, I've not had a single instance of that symptom. I can't believe it's that simple and nobody else has mentioned this fix, but there ya go.

After turning off rolling cache I deleted the cache file. Last test I'm going to try is rolling cache back on which will be with a fresh cache file - will tell me whether turning off rolling cache, or a fresh file fixed it...will report back tomorrow night.

I always delete the rolling cache after an update.  I Did and re-made it after the  update and I get the 30 secs to one minute drops.   I will delete it again and turn it off and report back after a flight.  I will try anything at this stage.

• Like 1

Simon

10 hours ago, simon747 said:

I always delete the rolling cache after an update.  I Did and re-made it after the  update and I get the 30 secs to one minute drops.   I will delete it again and turn it off and report back after a flight.  I will try anything at this stage.

Simon,

I guess that answers my question whether it was a stale file, or rather simply the fact of rolling cache being enabled. Sounds like it's a rolling cache functional problem, which according to others has been introduced with World Update 3.

Thanks for the update Simon!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Simon,

I guess that answers my question whether it was a stale file, or rather simply the fact of rolling cache being enabled. Sounds like it's a rolling cache functional problem, which according to others has been introduced with World Update 3.

Thanks for the update Simon!

I will delete the rolling cache and fly without it and see fit the problem persists and report back.  Silly to have to go through this (1 min periods of 10-15 fps) when you spend alot of time sorting out your hardware and settings to get an issue like this pop up on landing or climb out 😁

Simon

I always fly Rolling Cache OFF because it affects performance a bit but still having this issue. Flying Rolling Cache ON doesn't change a thing. MSFS is flyable only after turning Online Functionality OFF. I do hope something is done for this in Sim Update 3.

I have both manual and rolling cache turned off, and I still have this problem.  The only thing that fixes it for me is turning Online Functionality off.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

On 2/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, tomcatman24 said:

-EGLC on the ground in the Carenado Mooney right as the flight loaded with a custom weather preset similar to fair weather.

I had this after taking off from EGLC too.  After a couple of minutes I get the 'manipulator' message and it hangs for 20-30 seconds before continuing with low frame rates of about 15-20 FPS. 

I thought it might be the photogrammetry but still the same without that on.  

1 hour ago, TexasGary said:

I have both manual and rolling cache turned off, and I still have this problem.  The only thing that fixes it for me is turning Online Functionality off.

I have a feeling you are correct; this is pretty unexpectable when people have their systems under control and stable and are being screwed by some sort of MS server issue on a daily flight basis?

Edited by simon747

Simon

So I've been getting big frame drops since the last update. After reading about the rolling cache possibility I figured I'd give it a go. So I just tried a quick flight in central Itay, random location with rolling cache disabled and flying with real world traffic but no multiplayer.

Ultra @4k 37-40fps with sudden drops to 1fps - also noted 11fps in main menu before the flight.

Now I have read that some people seem to be pointing the finger at the new ship traffic - I'm running it but I'm pretty sure I had this issue before I updated a couple of days a go. 

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I'm not running the ship traffic addon.

The ONLY performance problem solved for me by turning off rolling cache is the instances of severe drop in fps that usually last a minute or two, then returns to normal (30-35fps drops to 10-15fps with low gpu and cpu utilization). Turning off Online Functionality also fixes this, but for me is only needed if I have rolling cache turned on.

For those that have rolling cache off but still have the problem, are any of you using manual cache?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

So can anyone report if there is any improvement considering there was an update released today?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I can't  yet as I am still downloading, but they did mention various stability fixes in the patch notes I believe.  We can only hope!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

just had 3fps in menus, trying a re-launch now.

this is folly

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, iliasr said:

after last update this problem is still here...😰

Unfortunately, the problem still persists for me after the update too.

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11