https://github.com/bergerpascal/MSIX_Commander/releases

3 Righ click and select run as administrator
4 Click Packaging Machine tab
- click enable developer mode
- stop services
- stop automatic store updates

wa

5 Download Microsoft.GamingServices_2.50.5005.0
http://tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/aa7a17b0-64ad-4e13-afbc-ee88a7221c3c?P1=1613883233&P2=404&P3=2&P4=ZAMqS5oBbdmmzudZ0zwMl%2fiKm%2b0QXctLS8iAoMctowIHZyCkufNS0UHj8DeRmGpA9LBkGz65P5Q6W%2bFK1g9pNw%3d%3d

- Right click on it and select install

6 Copy paste to powershell and press enter

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.50.5005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Run msfs and play 🙂

// After asobo fix enable services via services manager
services.msc

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings/368832/159?u=tenpatrol

Saw this on the MSFS forums when you posted. I think I'll wait until they fix it on their end, but I appreciate the work to find a solution.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

This MS answer to another c@@@ up!! we will get back to you.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

OMG, I wish I saw this thread earlier, I just spent the night re-downloading...FML ☹️

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Suddenly having the same problem here. I thought it was because I updated to a newer version of Windows 10 yesterday. Reset all of my settings and keybindings, which takes a long time to get everything the way I want. Next restart everything is gone again. Very annoying. We should bombard Zendesk. Be sure to upvote the official thread https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Same problem here, waiting for a good solution.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

Same problem here, waiting for a good solution.

An option might be for MS to rollback the gaming services version, one would of thought.

Sometimes I think as a consumer group we are treated generally with contempt sometimes.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

3 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Suddenly having the same problem here. I thought it was because I updated to a newer version of Windows 10 yesterday. Reset all of my settings and keybindings, which takes a long time to get everything the way I want. Next restart everything is gone again. Very annoying. We should bombard Zendesk. Be sure to upvote the official thread https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings

This worked for me.

I have another issue where all my toolbar icons (vfr map, cameras, fuel, etc) are gone. My sim had a hard freeze yesterday and that probably broke then, not related to windows store issue though. Will reintsall the fs-base-ingamepanels files to see if that helps. 

EDIT: Can confirm, reinstalling the  fs-base-ingamepanels folders fixed the missing toolbar icons and functionality.

Edited by mattn

41 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

An option might be for MS to rollback the gaming services version, one would of thought.

Sometimes I think as a consumer group we are treated generally with contempt sometimes.

unfortunately this seems more and more the case nowadays.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

you just have to change the default profiles.

After deleting and reinstalling the gaming service the other profiles show up again. At least they can be chosen again now. 

Hans

After changing the user settings and click next, I get checking for updates, but it doesn't go past that! Anyone get this this as well?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I have MSFS2020 installed into "E:\MSFS" and (knock on wood) don't seem to be having this problem. I'm wondering if this only affects those who installed into the default directory? Or possibly some other limiting factor? What's the common denominator shared by those losing their settings?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Not in default directory.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

28 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I have MSFS2020 installed into "E:\MSFS" and (knock on wood) don't seem to be having this problem. I'm wondering if this only affects those who installed into the default directory? Or possibly some other limiting factor? What's the common denominator shared by those losing their settings?

Count yourself lucky! I installed into D:\MSFS on its own dedicated SSD with nothing else on it. In fact on the official forums there was a thought that it only impacts people with non-default installations, but it seems that its getting people regardless of where its installed.
Short of using the workaround posted by Tenpatrol there seems to be no way of avoiding this issue as Gaming Services will update itself even if auto-updates are turned off so it seems to depend on when Gaming Services decides to update itself. Mine updated yesterday sadly.

Edited by atco