Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 25th, 2021 - Development Update

Only 2 pages in and were already at conspiracy theories. I remember when we used to admire the screenshots and complain about the tree size. Good ol days.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Only 2 pages in and were already at conspiracy theories. I remember when we used to admire the screenshots and complain about the tree size. Good ol days.

Well it reminds the saying we have, they give  the stick to be beaten with. It is rather odd that they explain delaying the WU4 because of an aircraft flight modeling issue 😉

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Well it reminds the saying we have, they give  the stick to be beaten with. It is rather odd that they explain delaying the WU4 because of an aircraft flight modeling issue 😉

I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about software development. I turn it on and I fly 😊, the mechanics behind it are way beyond me. But, correct me if am wrong here but hasn’t every major update faced a delay of some sort?.. Why use an excuse now, we are so accustomed to a delay I honestly wouldn’t thought they’d be concerned about the reaction to make up some hot fix excuse for it.  

• Like 2

Regardless of the fix there are certain tests they have to be performed before releasing an update irrespective of the changes made.

Then I would hardly expect them to work weekends for this.

So a week sounds reasonable. 

I can't help but feel reading these comments that some people are confusing Microsoft with an indie developer.

Edited by sanh

7 hours ago, atco said:

Wait a sec, is the inibuilds A300 and A310 coming to MSFS?

"iniBuilds shared progress on the Airbus A300 Beluga and A310-300"

Have I missed an announcement as I thought this was XP only? I'll be over the moon if it is coming to MSFS. I've wanted a really high quality A300/310 for years since I had to give up my old HNAC version back in FS9!

I think they made a mistake. That was meant for X-Plane. Unless they have plans for MSFS which we don't know about? However, I did see in Fsdeveloper inibuild is looking for aircraft developers to develop in MSFS 

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flight-modeler-msfs-paid.450448/

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

24 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about software development. I turn it on and I fly 😊, the mechanics behind it are way beyond me. But, correct me if am wrong here but hasn’t every major update faced a delay of some sort?.. Why use an excuse now, we are so accustomed to a delay I honestly wouldn’t thought they’d be concerned about the reaction to make up some hot fix excuse for it.  

Delays are excusable, honestly I do not care. I am amused by the way they try to explain it.   

12 minutes ago, sanh said:

I can't help but feel reading these comments that some people are confusing Microsoft with an indie developer.

This is the largest software company in the world, they have a 200-odd people working on the sim. One could expect tight management and truthful statements. This is not our fault if they behave like an indie  🤣 .

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

My spidey sense says that the Sim Update was going to be delayed anyway and they are just using this hotfix as an excuse.

That was my first thought as well. Delaying the sim update would have meant delaying the flap fix and I guess the last thing they want now is another „spike debacle“. 

Still, it‘s certainly the right decision to release a hotfix. Having to wait for several weeks for an easy fix of something that they obviously messed up - and this after people had to wait some veeeery long „few days“ for a spikes fix - was beyond me. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Chock said:

... This is like Scotty telling Kirk that repair will take two hours when he knows it'll take ten minutes tops, so he can slope off for a spliff or whatever.

It's not spliffs, its LDS - didn't you watch Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home! 😆

As for the flaps issue, I'm beginning to like it - Every landing is a greaser!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

As we are talking about sim updates - back to my favorite topic - sensitivity. If you do that kind of input in an airliner in MSFS, you know what happens. Watch rotation. ASOBO should consider this.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, neil0311 said:

“drag their asses” 🙄

It’s a week. You have no idea what dependencies may have been affected or what resources were shifted.

It’s commercial software.

Yes it is commercial software, and that's why they shouldn't be screwing things up with typos and then saying: 'oopsie, my bad; still, give us a week and we'll see what we can do and by the way now everything else is going to be a week late too.'

By comparison, I recall one of the rare occasions when Adobe's CS servers went down; they were back up within half an hour. I also recall when they once released a patch which caused a bit of a problem with a new version of InDesign. It's worth noting that you could if you wanted to, roll back to any version you had previously, so it wasn't a showstopper that the new version was problematic, but even so, they still had the newly rolled out version which had the glitch fixed within 24 hours.

That's how a commercial software company behaves. Asobo and MS are running thin on excuses; the fact is, they need to get their s*** together.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

That's how a commercial software company behaves. Asobo and MS are running thin on excuses and they need to get their s*** together.

This is not meant to make LR look bad, but to put this into flightsim-context. In XP early summer '19 the live weather was broken for a month or so in a way that there were CAVOK conditions only because the data provider switched from http to https. Took them a month to fix.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 minutes ago, tweekz said:

This is not meant to make LR look bad, but to put this into flightsim-context. In XP early summer '19 the live weather was broken for a month or so in a way that you it was always CAVOK because the data provider switched from http to https.

Likewise some features on LM's P3D have been busted for a long time, but that's not of any relevance, and it certainly isn't any sort of excuse for being slapdash, unless you think Boeing should be saying stuff like: 'well, yes, our 737 MAX has had two fatal crashes, but at least it hasn't had three crashes, like that other plane...'

Saying: 'well at least we're not a sh--e as those other guys.' is not something to be proud of. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I wonder if the releases that are in the pipe, Just Flight Arrow and Aerosoft CRJ, are waiting for the hotfix (if they’re otherwise ready to go) before releasing?  I’m assuming so as I doubt they’d want to have to issue their own hotfix to mess around with flaps behaviours when it gets fixed in the core sim.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I wonder if the releases that are in the pipe, Just Flight Arrow and Aerosoft CRJ, are waiting for the hotfix (if they’re otherwise ready to go) before releasing?  

In this case the CRJ will be never released. The next hotfix will (hopefully) fix the flaps thingy but can be expected to introduce a couple of new gremlins shifting release to the next Sim Update where the game starts over.

MS/Asobo will inevitably have to introduce a stable and a development branch.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

MS/Asobo will inevitably have to introduce a stable and a development branch.

Exactly, they need public beta testing.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved