Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 25th, 2021 - Development Update

FEBRUARY 25TH, 2021 – DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

AlertW1234.jpg

Screenshot by AlertW1234

Based on recent feedback from the community about the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update III, we decided to address the issue as quickly as we can and to publish a hotfix next week. As that will require thorough testing, we will be pushing back both Sim Update III and World Update IV by a week. Sim Update III is targeting early March and World Update IV is targeting early April. We appreciate your continued feedback on issues like this as we strive to do right by our community.

Our next live Developer Q&A on Twitch will be March 10th at 10:30am PST (1830Z). More details will be provided soon on our forums.

–MSFS TEAM-

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

DRSlide1-1.jpg

DRSlide2-1.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

Slide1-1.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

What an exciting week for aircraft development!!! Sim Skunk Works announced the TF104G Starfighter, DC Designs shows off first images of their F-14 Tomcat, Just Flight announced the Hawk T1, Whiskey Jet Simulation showed more of their Airbus A220, iniBuilds shared progress on the Airbus A300 Beluga and A310-300 and Aerosoft’s CRJ is getting closer to release. Our team is very excited to see all these awesome planes moving forward at such a great pace and it’s a great testament that the SDK is getting better and better.

• Airports:
    • 609 airports (+23) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 427 airports (+19) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 171 airports (+9) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 67 airports (-5) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 115 airports (+12) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 112 aircraft (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 21 aircraft (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 11 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 72 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 19 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 213 sceneries (+7) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 210 sceneries (+7) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 15 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 3 sceneries (0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 17 mission packs (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 17 mission packs (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

SDK UPDATE

• Documentation:
    • We released our first Development Roadmap for the SDK as part of our overall weekly update.
    • New SDK documentation is now available on https://docs.flightsimulator.com. This brand-new website offers clearer information, more screenshots, and will be updated very regularly.
  • On the DevMode side:
    • Fixed Scenery Editor crashes when loading BGLs with Projected Meshes.
    • Fixed BGL backward compatibility issue with light rows.

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

TWITCH SCHEDULE

Tomorrow, join us for a community flight along the coast of South America to explore some volcanoes in Chile! More details here.

COMMUNITY VIDEO

A short cinematic by u/markbaker46802.

COMMUNITY SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot “United Kingdom/Ireland.” The winner is AlertW1234  and is our featured screenshot at the top of this update.  The top 10 are below. Thanks to all those who participated! Our next challenge: MSFS Vs. the Volcano

YusufWardana.jpg

Screenshot by YusufWardana

RetroHornet1526.jpg

Screenshot by RetroHornet1526

GatwickFlyer.jpg

Screenshot by GatwickFlyer

CuzDawg3-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by CuzDawg3

Vzxbks.jpg

Screenshot by Vzxbks

SubtotalGuide81-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by SubtotalGuide81

Filippo20032222.jpg

Screenshot by Filippo20032222

ScenicAtol3300.jpg

Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300

Chtybeau.jpg

Screenshot by Chtybeau

BarrelLake95487.jpg

Screenshot by BarrelLake95487

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 3.4

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

So flaps fix now coming in a hotfix instead of the sim update, but that means delaying the sim update until the 9th.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Sim update delays and they forgot to write down the list of new addons on the market place... 😕

Wait a sec, is the inibuilds A300 and A310 coming to MSFS?

"iniBuilds shared progress on the Airbus A300 Beluga and A310-300"

Have I missed an announcement as I thought this was XP only? I'll be over the moon if it is coming to MSFS. I've wanted a really high quality A300/310 for years since I had to give up my old HNAC version back in FS9!

1 minute ago, atco said:

Have I missed an announcement as I thought this was XP only? I'll be over the moon if it is coming to MSFS. I've wanted a really high quality A300/310 for years since I had to give up my old HNAC version back in FS9!

I've been trying to dig up that information as well. I was a bit puzzled. I'm thinking it's an error and someone mistakenly interpreted the ini announcement for X-Plane as being for MSFS. But I hope not!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

2 minutes ago, atco said:

I don't think so just lazy reporting on their part

3 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I've been trying to dig up that information as well. I was a bit puzzled. I'm thinking it's an error and someone mistakenly interpreted the ini announcement for X-Plane as being for MSFS. But I hope not!

Yup, there is nothing on their forums about it, only that their A380 is coming to MSFS. I suspect it might be an error but I'd love to be surprised.
Maybe the Asobo team just let the cat out of the bag!

"19 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production."

Edited by atco

9 minutes ago, atco said:

Well... if it's true that would be amazing, just had a look at the XP11 product trailer and it's gorgeous.

I find the SDK documentation page a very welcome addition, even though I'm not a developer myself.

Kind reagrds, Michael

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

30 minutes ago, pmb said:

I find the SDK documentation page a very welcome addition, even though I'm not a developer myself.

Except it is 3 versions old, but convenient because it doesn't show the number of empty "TODO" pages anymore, which gives the impression it is much more complete that what it really is...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

we will be pushing back both Sim Update III and World Update IV by a week

Cue the threads entitled "Where is the Sim Update/World Update III we should have had today when those original dates roll round!😉

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

18 minutes ago, RXP said:

Except it is 3 versions old, but convenient because it doesn't show the number of empty "TODO" pages anymore, which gives the impression it is much more complete that what it really is...

Also the LaTeX equations on the Flight Model information page don't render properly in the web browser.  It's unreadable.

• Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Looks like there is no new 3rd party content in marketplace 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Looks like there is no new 3rd party content in marketplace 

The text of the update says +9 airports and +1 aircraft.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

So flaps fix now coming in a hotfix instead of the sim update, but that means delaying the sim update until the 9th.

What the heck?  Just reverse what you did and hotfix tomorrow.  Why delay other updates?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere