Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 25th, 2021 - Development Update

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

What the heck?  Just reverse what you did and hotfix tomorrow.  Why delay other updates?

My spidey sense says that the Sim Update was going to be delayed anyway and they are just using this hotfix as an excuse.

Maybe we'll get the Aerosoft CRJ after the hot fix.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, fppilot said:

What the heck?  Just reverse what you did and hotfix tomorrow.  Why delay other updates?

Then there'd be no convenient excuse to drag their asses. 🤣

Last week they basically said it was a typo, now it's gonna take a week to test correcting it. This is like Scotty telling Kirk that repair will take two hours when he knows it'll take ten minutes tops, so he can slope off for a spliff or whatever.

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

The text of the update says +9 airports and +1 aircraft.

Just checked again no new content. Usually they would updated it by now

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Last week they basically said it was a typo, now it's gonna take a week to test correcting it. This is like Scotty telling Kirk that repair will take two hours when he knows it'll take ten minutes tops, so he can slope off for a spliff or whatever.

I thought they said some code was included with the World Update that shouldn't have come until the Sim update. Since the world update was coded around it then removing that code doesn't appear to be an option.

I think the hotfix should of been them simply halving the flaps values like they told everyone else they could do in the meantime, then when Sim update came they could of changed the values back with it. I guess if that's what they actually do with the hotfix (something so simple), then you'll have your answer as to whether they're just using it as an excuse for the Sim update delay.

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I thought they said some code was included with the World Update that shouldn't have come until the Sim update. Since the world update was coded around it then removing that code doesn't appear to be an option.

I think the hotfix should of been them simply halving the flaps values like they told everyone else they could do in the meantime, then when Sim update came they could of changed the values back with it. I guess if that's what they actually do with the hotfix (something so simple), then you'll have your answer as to whether they're just using it as an excuse for the Sim update delay.

I have to say that claiming what amounts to basically hitting Control+Z to undo a typo, will require a week of testing, sounds like they're blagging their manager.

I can imagine the scene with some supervisor who knows bugger all about what they do: 'yeah boss, it's the underslung thrunge bucket crossflow ratchet, it's fusing with the scrunge flange...'

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

27 minutes ago, Chock said:

I have to say that claiming what amounts to basically hitting Control+Z to undo a typo, will require a week of testing, sounds like they're blagging their manager.

I kind of think Microsoft's approval process for anything takes 5 days no matter how small the item is. 

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I kind of think Microsoft's approval process for anything takes 5 days no matter how small the item is.

That would be ok if they used those 5 days to do proper testing but it appears they don’t. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, Chock said:

“drag their asses” 🙄

It’s a week. You have no idea what dependencies may have been affected or what resources were shifted.

It’s commercial software.

• Like 3

Just now, neil0311 said:

“drag their asses” 🙄

It’s a week. You have no idea what dependencies may have been affected or what resources were shifted.

It’s commercial software.

If I did as "good" a job at mechanical engineering as the Asobo has at software engineering, I'd probably experience... reduced tenure... to use the words of one of the big bosses at a past employer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

If I did as "good" a job at mechanical engineering as the Asobo has at software engineering, I'd probably experience... reduced tenure... to use the words of one of the big bosses at a past employer.

You may be very good at mechanical engineering, but you appear to have no idea what’s involved with software development, especially with a commercial entertainment game that models the entire world and various real world aircraft.

I’ve been enjoying the sim. When I find the realism isn’t enough, then I have the option of real life and taking a C-172 or 152 up for a few hours.

Edited by neil0311
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

You may be very good at mechanical engineering, but you appear to have no idea what’s involved with software development, especially with a commercial entertainment game that models the entire world and various real world aircraft.

When I pay my money as a customer for a product created by professionals, which is advertised as being complete and working, then I expect that product to be complete and to work, especially 6 months after release.  The details of the complexity of what the developers chose to include, or not include, is frankly none of my concern - they made their choice and it's their job to be the professional commercial software developers and deliver on what was promised.  I'm not going to accept any excuses about how hard software is. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

they made their choice and it's their job to be the professional commercial software developers and deliver on what was promised.  I'm not going to accept any excuses about how hard software is. 

Sorry to say that, but this makes me a bit sad as it seems you are not able to enjoy what other people could achieve. As example artists or a painter - because thats their damned job and they have to deliver. And the package deliverer has to deliver on the minute, no matter if its raining, snowing, heat or has probably an accident. Its his job and no excuses. Must be a very unsatisfying live.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We don't want to rush a hotfix - we want to respond as quick as possible and that is why sim update III is delayed. 😄

If there is one thing to critizise about MSFS its their information policy regarding updates. 😉

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

13 minutes ago, tweekz said:

If there is one thing to critizise about MSFS its their information policy regarding updates. 😉

Regarding anything.

Neuman and his merry band of communicators never went beyond « Bullcrapping your customer 101 » in their marketing courses or so it seems. 

It is the same who already gave us the « we had the serious simmers in mind when designing the sim » or « our aircraft are broken to help 3PD ». This time we also have  🥁 🥁«  spikes on terrain and mesh problems - Global fixed in WU3 ». 🤦‍♂️😂

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The "Hotfix" at this stage will be more akin to a "Mildly Lukewarmfix" it takes so long for such a small fix to be released 🤣

• Like 1