Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Flaps hotfix (1.13.17.0) is now live!

Hotfix 1.13.17.0 is now live! 1,03GB download on the Microsoft Store.

Hello everyone! A Hotfix will be available today at 1600Z

Content:

- General

Fixed the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update 3

Fixed the photogrammetry for Southampton and Portsmouth

- Developer mode:

Fixed Scenery Editor crashes when loading BGLs with Projected Meshes

Fixed BGL backward compatibility issue with light rows

Note – Flight Dynamics Bug:

If you have applied the workaround to prevent the issue linked to Flaps, please read this post: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hotfix-flight-dynamics-bug/372996

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 13

This is important to read:

ONLY FOR USERS WHO APPLIED THIS WORKAROUND 37

Thanks to your feedback, we have been quickly informed of a bug impacting how flight dynamics behave since the last World Update.

We communicated on a first workaround 37 to temporarily avoid the issue.

We are now addressing this bug with a Hotfix that can only be effective by manually deleting the Package where the flight_model.cfg has been edited.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

From: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hotfix-flight-dynamics-bug/372996

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Downloading....

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Do most users even know what a Package is or what folder they should delete?  Super confusing wording.

Many people will have used the Community folder version of the fix, I assume that needs to be removed as well.

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I can't download the update!

First, when running FS 2020, a message appeared saying that it had an update. Without downloading it, I have exited FS 2020 to deactivate the Community addons. After uninstalling all the mods, I have run Fs 2020 again but now no update message appears.

I have tried several times.

What I have to do?

Edited by John Fields

8 minutes ago, John Fields said:

What I have to do?

Without downloading it you exited MSFS? That’s exactly what you need to do anyway. The download is the launcher exe via MS Store. 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Does the hotfix have in-sim update or only Steam/MS Store update?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Well, after ten attempts the message appeared again.

But after that, I didn't see the downloading. No time at all to update!

Now the version is 1.13.17.0.

I wonder if everything is all right.

Please, was your download and install so quick?

Thank you in advance.

I can't download either. I launched the sim, got the mandatory up date message.

Then gone to the the MS store and there is no update for the sim, to the option to launch the sim, I've still gone ahead and lauched the sim and the sim just re tells me there is another mandatory update.

update: restarted my PC and although the sim wasn't showing an update was available in the MS store it started downloading the update. which doesn't seem very big. The sim is loading now.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

Does the hotfix have in-sim update or only Steam/MS Store update?

only Store (and I assume Steam) update. Nothing in-sim

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Now the version is 1.13.17.0.

I wonder if everything is all right.

If you are on 1.13.17.0 then you're good to go! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Fields said:

wonder if everything is all righ

If it says 1.13.17 then you should be fine. It is just the launcher. Still 1gib but maybe you have a fast line. Could have been downloaded and installed also in the background so you didn’t even notice 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

I got the update in the Store. 

It only appears if you click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and wait a little bit. It will refresh the top bar and download the update automatically. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I have 600 Mb/s but it's the first time that I download 1 Gb without notice it!

I suppose that I have the update.

I'll do a flight and check the flaps!

Thank you again. 

Edited by John Fields

It's downloading now, 1.03 GB from the Store.  Lordy that MS store interface is non-intuitive.  I keep expecting it to say there's an update for me, but it doesn't, yet if I click in the MSFS line it starts the download...

This is good news! I'm sure some devs are waiting for this so they can release their new product or update to released product.  Understandably they'd want to wait so that the flap lift bug is fixed, otherwise they'd have to either release a temp-fix version and quickly patch it, or release an unfixed version and deal with the complaints.

No need to wait now.

Edited by Dutch727
  • Upvote 1

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.