Sign in to follow this  
Emerson67

Anti CTD vaccine

32 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Strangely enough, I never had a CTD with MSFS. I run MSFS with ZERO tweaks (no ext FPS limiter, no CFG alteration, etc) and also run my rig with no enhancements whatsoever. My Community folder is also quite "empty".

I wonder those having CTDs what changes (if any) they have applied....

I guess you didn't read from the start otherwise you would have understood a lot of us are using the Addon Linker and i never load anything more than Proven, known working payware or free ware addons.

Even running with nothing in the Community folder causes a ctd.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

I guess you didn't read from the start otherwise you would have understood a lot of us are using the Addon Linker and i never load anything more than Proven, known working payware or free ware addons.

Yes, I agree completely. I have had only occasional CTDs and some have occured even with an empty community folder. As for addons, I have hundreds, but use the fantastic MSaddon-linker to select only the few I need for a particular session, to load into Community. These addons (mostly scenery) add tremendously to the MSFS flying experience, and I would say that those who avoid all addons are missing a lot of the fun.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, Car147 said:

Are you kidding? I read this entire thread 3rd time now and even searched the page for "Addon" and "Link" which did not quite got me the result expected when someone says "a lot of us use Addon Linker". In fact I found nill entries about "Addon Linker" in this thread (excepting the 2 post above this).

Nevertheless, this is not proving you or me wrong, it was just myself saying that I don't have CTD's. This might be related to my HW or to something else like particular addons (also if it's 1 or 2). 

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 minute ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Are you kidding? I read this entire thread 3rd time now and even searched the page for "Addon" and "Link" which did not quite got me the result expected when someone says "a lot of us use Addon Linker". In fact I fond nill entries about Addon Linker in this thread.

Nevertheless, this is not proving you or me wrong, it was just myself saying that I don't have CTD's. This might be related to my HW.

Yet Asobo release sim update 3... and what are listed as some of the fixes... CTD's

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

@Car147 And which update will not list fixes some CTD's?

You guys should focus what you have in common and maybe post where and in which conditions you had CTD's. Maybe it's the location. Some here just might try to test the same settings.

Another clue / information I'm missing is: Do you OC your system?

So instead of arguing with me that I posted not having CTDs at all, you should be glad some users don't have them and focus to fix your rig.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

22 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@Car147 So instead of arguing with me that I posted not having CTDs at all, you should be glad some users don't have them and focus to fix your rig.

Wow!  What a statement to make.

I take it that goes for all of us with CTDs then? 

Asobo don't have any to fix? Like the Iceland one they fhad to fix, or the ones where payware airports caused a CTD when there was a backend server change?

Its just peoples 'rigs'.  I see.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Any more arguing in this topic and BOTH parties may be penalized! 😡

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I take it that goes for all of us with CTDs then? 

Of course not because there are a plethora of configurations and posibilities out there.

The problem is that no one in this thread realy specifies (or few specify) where, what, or under which circumstances they get a CTD. They don't specify details about theyr HW, or settings, or tweaks, or else....they just say I had dosens of CTD's.

On my side (my rig is in my sig) I specified not applying any OC, not tweacking .CFG files, not throwing many Addons in the Community folder etc.

I have 8GB of VRAM and run a WQHD Display. I can push anything up until it stutter free and still have plenty of headroom on VRAM. Now if any of those having the same ammount of VRAM but pushing 2 WQHD displays or 4K, or the display I have but rendering much higher thus pushing the HW on the limmit, yeah..that could easily result in CTDs. (this was just an example and does not have to apply to you specific).

I monitored this thread to get a feel if theres a problem with drivers or specific settings or a specific update (e.g. I managed to get around that previous update of the Game Services that "destroyed" preferences just monitoring AVSIM after it's launch...so I did not touch MSFS 3 or 4 days until I saw that it has been resolved).

Gerald K. - Germany

I've been posting in another CTD thread in these forums, but I will add my comments to this one as well.
I have counted 107 CTD's related to MSFS sofar. Considering I mostly fly in the weekends, and count the number of weekends since release that tells you something on how frequent they are, for me at least.

In short my specs:

Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
CPU: AMD 3900x (not OC'd)
RAM: 2x16GB G.Skill 3600MhzC16
GPU: GTX1060 6GB (previously) and RTX3090 24G (current). Both NON OC, and I have had CTD's with both.
Storage: 3 Nvme drives.
Screen: 3440x1440 100hz Gsync

In my case the only variable that makes a difference whether I have a CTD or not is USB. Without USB devices except keyboard and mouse, I can complete a flight,. even with tons of community addons and several simconnect clients running. Wíth these devices connected, even a clean simulator will CTD.

I have almost narrowed it down to my AMD platform, and while I am still testing, it might be that the USB ports that are powered by the CPU might be the issue. I will slowly add USB devices (yoke first) so I can fly myself) to check if and when it fails. It will take me a while to do this thorougly since each flight has to be lengthy to be a reliable test.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

@orchestra_nl this is a nice finding. I recall having P3D crashes after purchasing my HOTAS G56 RGB but also yoke disconnects. I then purchased a powered usb hub and plugged the Stick and the Throttle through it leaving only KBD and Mouse in the MB. Maybe you can borrow a powered hub and test your system...

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

13 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
CPU: AMD 3900x (not OC'd)
RAM: 2x16GB G.Skill 3600MhzC16
GPU: GTX1060 6GB (previously) and RTX3090 24G (current). Both NON OC, and I have had CTD's with both.
Storage: 3 Nvme drives.
Screen: 3440x1440 100hz Gsync

In my case the only variable that makes a difference whether I have a CTD or not is USB. Without USB devices except keyboard and mouse, I can complete a flight,. even with tons of community addons and several simconnect clients running. Wíth these devices connected, even a clean simulator will CTD.

I have almost narrowed it down to my AMD platform, and while I am still testing, it might be that the USB ports that are powered by the CPU might be the issue. I will slowly add USB devices (yoke first) so I can fly myself) to check if and when it fails. It will take me a while to do this thorougly since each flight has to be lengthy to be a reliable test.

I would definitely try to get you a USB hub, never had any issues with USB powered devices, but I have seen MSFS freeze with direct USB stuff. Maybe try a fresh install if the USB hub doesn't help...

IMO, the game has actually gotten a lot more stable for most people (though I know there are configs that can cause issues, and 3PD addons). I used to have CTD's on rare occassion, but no longer really ever get them. The Dev mode is VASTLY improved compared to before, they fixed almost all the bugs. I'm kind of surprised. I know they need to work on some specific bugs and functionality still, but I'll be the first one to admit, they have been improving things faster than I expected when it comes to other areas. I had up to (4) PC's running MSFS including a friend's / helper PC, so I was exposed to a lot of potential issues given I had used it on both much older and newer hardware. No extra issues on AMD than the other PC's. Second AMD here (3600 originally, now 5800x), and runs fine on both systems.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

What could work is a poll - to be used only for those with frequent CTD's. A series of well thought out questions that might highlight systems/settings commonality in CTD's. For example, off the cuff:

Steam or MS Store

Custom installation directory or default

AI Traffic on or off

Live Traffic on or off

PG on/off

Nvidia / AMD

GPU memory less or more than 6GB

Ram 16GB / 32GB +

Anti virus package yes / no

P3D installed yes/no [a lot of PC tweaks going on to make that work well, might interfere]

Virtual memory - default or custom size

Etc etc. You get the idea. There are so many options that could be posed in a series of questions. Then if everyone answers truthfully, one or two might stand out, help pin-point where to start looking for solutions. For example maybe a very high percentage report they are using default install directory (which maybe points to long file name issues tripping Windows).

I think this might help to bring some organisation to a thread like this.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I am actually using a powered USB 2.0 hub to test with. I have determined which ports on my motherboard are CPU powered, I am currently testing with a chipset powered port and adding devices until a CTD occurs. A USB 3.0 hub might make a difference, but most of the controllers are USB 2.0 anyway, except perhaps the Streamdeck.

I also made some other changes which I will have to revert back once I have a stable situation, like PBO. It is currently disabled which limits the CPU performance.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Antivirus installed., four days in a row and not one CTD. . 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Probably I am up to about 14 flights since Vaccine, and not a hint of a CTD. This is from someone that had at least 2 CTDs for every 5 flights.  I am surprised either nobody else has tried this Vaccine, or reporting the results except me???

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310