Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

I have try the 40-55, It does not work for me, the game have never look as bad as it does now, I have trees about 3-4 nm then there is a blurry mess, and that is with terrain slider at 200.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Just now, Ixoye said:

I have try the 40-55, It does not work for me, the game have never look as bad as it does now, I have trees about 3-4 nm then there is a blurry mess, and that is with terrain slider at 200.

Exactly what I see. I’ve stopped using it now. Gonna go play some strategy games and start my gardening as the light nights and warmth return here in the U.K. 

Will Keep an eye on these forums for updates etc. See how it gets on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Oh they WILL be. It's in the simmer's DNA. 😀

My whole life has been a constant disappointment Ron since I was born the last of three triplets, so I ended up being the one on the bottle!   I live with it the best I can.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly what I see. I’ve stopped using it now. Gonna go play some strategy games and start my gardening as the light nights and warmth return here in the U.K. 

Will Keep an eye on these forums for updates etc. See how it gets on. 

Yes, the game is ruined now, I'll put this down until there's a fix.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

20 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

The latest version doesn't include 90-120.

It has 35-50, 40-55, 40-60, 50-75 and 100-150.

I created it by myself, easy enough. Just choose on of the choices, open the .xml and replace ""<Size min="xx" max="yy"/>" with <Size min="90" max="120"/"" (14 times). Save it and give the folder the corresponding name. Done.

• Like 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I created it by myself, easy enough. Just choose on of the choices, open the .xml and replace ""<Size min="xx" max="yy"/>" with <Size min="90" max="120"/"" (14 times). Save it and give the folder the corresponding name. Done.

Have you seen any pop-up trees with that setting Nemo?

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

No need to mod trees, just fly at night

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

BTW, I do remember that Asobo or maybe Jörg Neumann mentioned that they found a method to display many more trees and that this would be part of a future update (DX 12 or so). Just don't lose hope if you bring yourself into a state of constant mourning because of tree LOD. 🙂

I for now installed the above linked mod and am going to try it out now.

19 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I will try this before I give up.

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Have you seen any pop-up trees with that setting Nemo?

Yes I see pop-ups. But mostly in distance where I can ignore it. It also depends on background tiles, the brighter the more disturbing. So it depends where and at which altitude you fly. In summary, it is a bit better now then directly after the update but still worse than before the update. I can also not exclude some placebo effects.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Yes I see pop-ups. But mostly in distance where I can ignore it. It also depends on background tiles, the brighter the more disturbing. So it depends where and at which altitude you fly. In summary, it is a bit better now then directly after the update but still worse than before the update. I can also not exclude some placebo effects.

Thanks Nemo!  Sounds like this will be the best we are going to get for a while.  I will give it a go your way I think! 

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Did not work for me, there is no visible difference if I set terrain slider to 100 or 200 either, both performance and looks are the same, I can't stand to play it as it looks now. I give up until it comes a fix.

• Like 2

This was the thread I first posted about the mod:

And this was my pic from that thread:

a0ed5da3d9c8db65eacd1fcfef6515b1d538966c

Hopefully the modders can figure out what needs to be done to fix it again.

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

James

7 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

This was the thread I first posted about the mod:

And this was my pic from that thread:

a0ed5da3d9c8db65eacd1fcfef6515b1d538966c

Hopefully the modders can figure out what needs to be done to fix it again.

Yes that was how my sim look like before this patch.