Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

LOD is not hard-locked.

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}
{ObjectsLoD
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}

works fine, even if the loading time is abbysmal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crimplene said:

LOD is not hard-locked.

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}
{ObjectsLoD
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}

Is there a big performance hit? 

Save your money, there is no difference in draw distance what so ever with with Bijan's V4 mod, and the popping are severe even at close distance 😥

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

hmm  ... back to scud running up river valleys it seems.

you do have to wonder why tree LOD can't be made a separate setting, trees on ultra improves LOD a bit so it is not as if it is fixed to the same LOD as everything else

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

6 minutes ago, crimplene said:

LOD is not hard-locked.

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}
{ObjectsLoD
		LoDFactor 5.000000
	}

True Crimpline.  But the part that applies to trees has now been hard locked.  That is why we are seeing the issue. 
Pushing the LOD right up doesn't appear to affect the tree radius any more, and that is what the original modders have discovered as well.  One statement below...

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/10/trees-draw-distance-fix/

Actually, I just noticed this has been updated to version 3.1.  They think they can get 5 miles if you follow their settings.  Used to be 10.

Looks like this is as good as we are going to get for a while guys! :smile:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

You know what the irony is - if this has been done to ensure MSFS runs well on xbox? (and I can’t think of any other reason it’s been done - as if there was, Asobo would have piped up by now; "Woops, sorry guys - we messed up - Hotfix coming!)

The sort of people who will buy this on xbox will run it a few times and get bored and probably never play it again.
I don’t game any other games but flight sims - on PCs. I have a couple of mates who are console gamers with lots of typical shooters/ sports, etc, and they both reacted the same when they encountered my FSX/ P3D and more recently MSFS;

“What can you do apart from fly between airports?” they asked.
I explained it was more about the aircraft itself, aircraft systems/ flight planning/ navigation, etc.

Their reaction?
“Oh, right.”
They basically lost interest at that point.
So we’re getting neutered on our PCs for a version that won’t even do very well on xbox after initial sales.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Is there a big performance hit? 

Yes. FPS went from around 45 to maybe 36 or so and with lots of buildings it gets quite bad.  I tried values of 4 now, but I can't actually see much of a difference to 2.0.

As Glenn mentioned the Tree setting influences the tree LOD (quite heavily I think). So the setting has to be Ultra. I can see the LOD border but there is no real popping to see, only when I zoom in more than I would when flying normally. Before the last update with the mod, I used the Tree setting to tone it down a bit, low was the same drawing distance than ultra without mod. I am going to do some experimenting with faster planes now.

Edited by crimplene
spelling

Right, come on guys.

The tree LOD is not locked. Yes the mod does not work but its not LOCKED by Asobo.

I simply did a test with the Mod fix its not woprking I see LOD as I set it 200.

I edited my 

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 4.000000

I only edited this one line.

Now trees are just like the LOD mod/fix. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I edited my 

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 4.000000

So how do we do that please. What folder/file do we look at?

2 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

So how do we do that please. What folder/file do we look at?

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Right, come on guys.

The tree LOD is not locked. Yes the mod does not work but its not LOCKED by Asobo.

I simply did a test with the Mod fix its not woprking I see LOD as I set it 200.

I edited my 

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 4.000000

Alright, if not locked, scaled back then.  But whatever, it will not go out to as far as before, even with this LOD at 4.0  Here is the story from one of the original modders..

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, crimplene said:

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Great, thanks. 👍

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Right, come on guys.

I edited my 

{Terrain
		LoDFactor 4.000000

But isn't this will impact the performance severely? 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

33 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Alright, if not locked, scaled back then.  But whatever, it will not go out to as far as before, even with this LOD at 4.0  Here is the story from one of the original modders..

Bob,

People are staying Asobo have hard locked the tree LOD, am sorry its not true. Simple as that.

I dont need Storys I just need to test and see with my own eyes.

LOD 200 in setting with mod not working. I cannot post screenshots as I am beta testing but the red shows were the tree line stops with LOD 2, yes it looks bad.

Screenshot-789.png

Edit to 4.0 looks great.

Screenshot-790.png

At LOD 4 it is the same as the tree lod fix.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip