Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

It looks like we will have to learn to live with a lower distance LOD in the future, is that a strategy from Asobo to be able to run the game on X-Box maybe?

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/10/trees-draw-distance-fix/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

It'll get fixed. The Community has devs; (Tree Distance Fix Blog being one of them) who are better than Asobo at what they do so whatever they throw at us we'll beat it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It looks like we will have to learn to live with a lower distance LOD in the future, is that a strategy from Asobo to be able to run the game on X-Box maybe?

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/10/trees-draw-distance-fix/

Thanks for posting this.  I knew something was wrong and thought I might have deleted something.  I'll be glade when the mods get this one figured out.  Asobo really needs to quite breaking so much with each update.

If your following it please let us know when this is fixed.  If I find out first I'll post it.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Thanks for posting this.  I knew something was wrong and thought I might have deleted something.  I'll be glade when the mods get this one figured out.  Asobo really needs to quite breaking so much with each update.

If your following it please let us know when this is fixed.  If I find out first I'll post it.

I found another similar mod that has been updated, but I have not had time to try it out yet.

https://flightsim.to/file/5318/vegetation-draw-distance-fix

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

This really should have been addressed in Sim Update 3. The fact that the mod got broke implies that some work was done in this area of the sim. Asobo spent time putting Orbit and Pacifica Airlines into the sim rather than addressing something like this.... go figure! Even worse when you think that it was working ok on in the launch version. Asobo broke it.

Anyway, cheers to the modders! This sim would be a much lesser beast were it not for them.

• Like 4

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

But I heard that Asobo was going to work on smaller trees and add more! Maybe in a future version we won't have to go looking for a Mod anymore ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

But I heard that Asobo was going to work on smaller trees and add more! Maybe in a future version we won't have to go looking for a Mod anymore ....

I wish I could believe this.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I've been using this mod for several weeks and works flawlessly (the same mod mentioned before by @Ixoye). It was updated today to look for compatibility with Sim Update 3:

Haven't had the chance to test it with yesterday's update, but I suppose it'll continue to work very well.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I've been using this mod for several weeks and works flawlessly (the same mod mentioned before by @Ixoye). It was updated today to look for compatibility with Sim Update 3:

Haven't had the chance to test it with yesterday's update, but I suppose it'll continue to work very well.

Cheers, Ed

I tested it this morning flying over Washington State and it's working just fine. 

• Like 3

It is ridiculous having to rely on a mod to increase the distance of tree's being drawn. Or buildings. 

I wonder if we're in for another Q&A session thats like an hour in parliament. "Just tell them what they want to hear, it'll keep them quiet and off our backs for a while longer"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think is the time to make a fuss in today's Q&A about the autogen and trees draw distance? 😄 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think is the time to make a fuss in today's Q&A about the autogen and trees draw distance? 😄 

Go for it, but, I cant see it making much difference if I am honest. We are nearly 7-8 months in from release now. To me, it is still in Beta. And the Analogies of 'well FSX only had one update blah blah'. Sure it did, however the main sim core worked as it should. Things operated as they should.

Oh well, at least I can get an Xbox controller out and fly orbit airlines from outside view at 30,000 feet and view my contrails. Great. 

To me the Q&A's are just people full of talking hot air. And sometimes they look very uneasy answering that Jorg fellow too. I assume he's the Microsoft side. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 4

I've found the Q&As to be utterly pointless ever since the "what lightning bug?" and the subsequent "we can't reproduce it" which begged belief at the time.

Whilst I'll watch if I'm bored as sometimes there's good tidbits of information, on the whole it's a lot of Talk with no Substance, purely an attempt at the marketing strategy of "see we do listen and respond".

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Which folder are you using?

I'm currently checking out Trees_Distance_Draw_Fix(100-150)

Update: I just tested this mod and with the blog mod I could see trees way out there. This one doesn't work for me.

ASOBO did it again. They manage to ruin a nice looking sim. Are they ever going to learn. I'm getting sick and tired of their excuses. I hope they go under.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.