Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

Ok it is soughta working. Throttle 1 (leftside) is doing what it is supposed too. But right throttle just will not accept an axis. Quite weird 😞

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Did you click dual axis ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

24 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Ok it is soughta working. Throttle 1 (leftside) is doing what it is supposed too. But right throttle just will not accept an axis. Quite weird 😞

I would double check your axis binding again in the control options area of MSFS. 

Throttle 1 Axis  should be Joystick L-Axis X   do not check the reverse axis box

Throttle 2 Axis  should be Joystick L-Axis Y   again do not check the reverse axis box

if configured correctly you should see a white slider move back and forth when you move both throttle axis.

Also make sure in the Sensitivity settings that reactivity is 0 or close to 0 for  both axis. 

Then in the CRJ calibration you should see the numbers move when you move the Throttle.

select Dual Axis for Throttle type and , and reverse Axis on On. (Throttle hardware has reverser axis)

Good luck

Edited by rickjake

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Ok so this what is happening. On throttle left (Throttle Axis 1) I start to move that throttle forward and it sees joystick button one. Then says Selected button is not recommended for this action.

Mike

Sorry guys im hogging this thread with my hardware issues. But really at the end of the day this is really quite stupid.

Mike

Ive done 3 flights in the crj now....It is not bad. Some AP issues which point to them using part of the default AP I think. Hand flys well though. Some of these bugs I must have missed in all the different preview videos of it recently. People get upset when a $20-30 add on has bugs, but then go full shill when a much hyped $50 add on has worse bugs and gloss over them or pretended they didn't exist.

Anyhow I could see myself flying it more due to the hand flying approaches and departures. Fun plane either way just a bit bummed about the AP issues.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

4 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Ok so this what is happening. On throttle left (Throttle Axis 1) I start to move that throttle forward and it sees joystick button one. Then says Selected button is not recommended for this action.

Try manually configuring it by using the drop down arrow and selecting "Joystick L-Axis X" and do the same for Throttle 2, manually select Joystick L-Axis Y.

I got the same error as you until I just selected it manually instead of moving the throttle  to detect it.

Edited by rickjake

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

OKAY 🙂 Got it to work. Using the tip of Throttle Axis 1 and 2. What i had to do was to go into the Thrustmaster flight control panel properties, and TURN OFF Enable virtual buttons. That way the sim only saw the axis and NOT the button it was touching first. Happy camper. Thanks for all the help

• Like 3

Mike

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

I've linked a video below to a RW type-rated CRJ pilot's first impressions that was recommended by someone earlier.

If you go to timestamp 04:27:30, again at 04:36:40 and once more (albeit gently) at 04:39:05, you can see the aeroplane go into a left bank followed by a correction to the right while in the cruise.
There's no pilot intervention, wind shift nor route waypoint in the FMC to force the aircraft into making that manoeuvre.

It's a minor point compared to APPR mode not working properly, but it would be an annoyance. Anyone else see this in their own flights?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/951373424

Oh that is one of their famous bugs 😂. It happens on my A330 version in P3D

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 hours ago, cwburnett said:

The AP suffers from some default AP shortcomings on approaches, but those will get ironed out I'm sure, in the meantime, hand fly inside the FAF 😉

I was surprised that uses the default autopilot for some stuff and it seems this is one of these :D, let's hope you guys fix this. Anyway, then I would say the coming FBW autopilot is completely custom and from the scratch being built, once that is released, it will be the most complex autopilot in a MSFS add-one.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Well i have a Debbie Downer. Using the Thrustmaster pack. Stick is fine. TCA Throttle is no go. Tried my Virpil throttle. Other aircraft see it and the sim does too but the CRJ doesn't want to play. Removed the FBW A320 for good measure, no dice. Bummer.

It works on my end. Just set it up with a new profile for two engine axes and then calibrate it to your liking via the EFB.

11 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Thanks but I don't use FSUIPC for setting binding. But I probably should try

Here is the thread link.  https://forum.simflight.com/topic/78117-fixing-problems-with-50-or-digital-onoff-action-with-saitek-levers/

Regardless of which device you are using or if you use FSUIPC or not, the issue is you have a problem with how the device is read in the registry.  Following these steps should fix it.  My issue was the throttle was moving in the range from -16000 to 0 in about 2 mm of travel and then 0 to + 16000 for the rest so effectively I only had 50% of the throttle range on one of the levers.  Following this guide fixed it.  You may want to back up your registry just in case you accidentally delete or change something you shouldn't.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000