Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

yes simbrief is good, i let the FP downloader do the import work for me (all automatic in the background after you generate it), you can define multiple formats for all the addon planes at the same time, even MSFS format, i do so if i want to have some ms asobo atc terror with it. After starting MSFS you just need to load the msfs plan and pick a parking/stand or gate from the list then (double clicking on the stand wont work as it delete the route then). After loading into the airport you just enter the fp filename into the FMS FP scratchpad -> format is "ICAOICAO" ex. KSFOKLAX and it is loaded into the FMS.

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

i have a Q. Since we don't do the flight plan in MSFS and we import into the CDU, the ATC does not do IFR. How do I Invoke the ATC IFR flight plan? In a way its a blessing, I don't have to deal with the ATC. I can fly at any altitude and descend whenever I want. But still, I'd like to know how to do the default ATC with IFR flight with the CRJ.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

i have a Q. Since we don't do the flight plan in MSFS and we import into the CDU, the ATC does not do IFR. How do I Invoke the ATC IFR flight plan? In a way its a blessing, I don't have to deal with the ATC. I can fly at any altitude and descend whenever I want. But still, I'd like to know how to do the default ATC with IFR flight with the CRJ.

You download the simbrief MSFS20 flight plan along with the CRJ one, then they....ATC have your flight plan and follow it. Why anyone would want to use the inbuilt one when Simbrief also gives you FL, ZFW, Fuel and WC, I have no idea.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

You download the simbrief MSFS20 flight plan along with the CRJ one, then they....ATC have your flight plan and follow it. 

I am unable to call ATC to activate an IFR Clarence.

Manny

read my post, you need to load the MSFS plan 1st... (there is a load button close to the lower screen border)

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Works every time mate, you need to dl 2 flight plans.

You call for clearance before you enter the flight plan, you have my PDF, please follow it 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

if he use the importer, it do all that in the background, automaticaly... (escept the loading into MSFS and the plane)

Edited by bumpywindshear
  • Like 1

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, bumpywindshear said:

read my post, you need to load the MSFS plan 1st...

Ah ok.

I got it. That makes sense. The ATC uses the MSFS flt plan ( a ver created from Sim brief)

I have a peculiar problem. I have to load the CRJ multiple times like 5 times go through a voodoo process before  I can get the CRJ to start with all the avionics on. So this is gonna work until Aerosoft fixes my issue.

But thanks anyway. 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

37 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Got a dumb question about the overhead panel.  The DC Service switch.  What is that for?  Tutorial doc says "we'll leave it off for this flight" or something like that.  None of the other documents even really talk about it other than mentioning that it's there.  Soooo, what does it do and why would we turn it on or off?

DC is direct current used by the Ground power cart. AC is alternating current provided by the engines generator.

tpewpb-6.png

Yeah it definitely works if you download and load a plan into the sim in the planning screen (or just create it yourself there).  The only potential issue I've heard about and I haven't tested it as I finally gave up on default and started either flying on my own or on Vatsim is that I saw someone on the aerosoft forums talking about in game ATC not seeing their transponder stuff even though it was all turned on and kept getting their IFR canceled. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

How to use Simbrief with the CRJ

1. download and configure the Simbrief importer tool for the 2 formats (MSFS and the CRJ along with their path`s).

2. create FP and safe it using Simbrief.

3. generate the FP using Simbrief. (now the importer copy over the generated plans to the target path`s in the background).

4. switch to / start MSFS.

5. got to Flightplaning World and load the MSFS plan, format is "ICAOICAO" ex. KSFOKLAX, using the button (lower border).

6. assign a parking stand/gate from the list, dont use doubleclick for that.

7. start the flight, after warming up you just enter the FP filename into the FMS FP scratchpad -> format is "ICAOICAO" ex. KSFOKLAX and it is loaded into the FMS.

Edited by bumpywindshear
  • Like 1

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, RW1 said:

DC is direct current used by the Ground power cart. AC is alternating current provided by the engines generator.

Hmm that doesn't seem right, if I connect the cart I get power even with that off as per the tutorials.  I thought the cart was AC.  I asked over on Aerosoft as well and someone there said it was to power lights and such while ground crews were cleaning the cabin and things like that.  So now I don't know what to think.

Edited by flyinion

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, bumpywindshear said:

was the Transponder ON but maybe stil on STANDBY ? (the switch for it is loacted elswhere)

Sounds like it might be buggy, they posted pics of the different panels and they all look correct.  The person mentioned they then tried another flight and it worked, then another one and it didn't.