Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Hmm that doesn't seem right, if I connect the cart I get power even with that off as per the tutorials.  I thought the cart was AC.  I asked over on Aerosoft as well that someone there said it was to power lights and such while ground crews were cleaning the cabin and things like that.  So now I don't know what to think.

Well when i did my Electrician apprenticeship back in 1981 we were taught DC is direct current feed! Meaning it flows one way from a source(Parent) to a target(child). Alternating current flows through multiple feeds back and forth through circuits. So i guess after almost 40 years of being in my job Aerosoft have just re written all i learnt.

tpewpb-6.png

Just now, bumpywindshear said:

ohh who knows, maybe they are aliens also hmm hmmmm....

could be lol, here's the thread if you're interested at all https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/161017-msfs-atc-doesnt-recognize-squawk-code/

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

...there are often transponder-problems with addon planes and the online ATC networks, maybe they mixed that up ?

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

25 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Hmm that doesn't seem right, if I connect the cart I get power even with that off as per the tutorials.  I thought the cart was AC.  I asked over on Aerosoft as well and someone there said it was to power lights and such while ground crews were cleaning the cabin and things like that.  So now I don't know what to think.

Whoever told you that on the forum is correct.

with that switch enabled or the service switch enabled on the ground crew panel, the dc service bus is powered thru the service TRU I believe. 

you are correct in thinking the ground cart is AC power only. 

but yeah to reiterate, if you have ground cart hooked up and it’s providing correct power AND the DC service switch is enabled or the service switch is enabled on the ground Crew panel, the cabin lights will be powered.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

My busy work week is about to come to an end so I will finally get my hands on the CRJ tonight, or atleast start studying. Does anyone know where I can find some liveries to downloads?

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 minute ago, reignman40 said:

My busy work week is about to come to an end so I will finally get my hands on the CRJ tonight, or atleast start studying. Does anyone know where I can find some liveries to downloads?

Flightsim.to has a ton already.  

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Flightsim.to has a ton already.  

I thought I had that site in my bookmarks but couldn't remember the name of it, thanks! Looks like someone even made the blue SkyWest one I was hoping to find!

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

With regard to ground power units, they vary. Some are AC and DC, some even have the ability to power two aircraft on different voltages at the same time providing they are on adjacent stands. Small regional aeroplanes (and helicopters) typically use 28VDC. Normally it's the shape of the two plugs typically found on a mobile GPU which determines what voltage is coming through the cable, making it fairly word not allowed proof. The big plug is for big jets, the smaller one is for regionals. Some FEPs can only deliver one type of power but most of them can do both. For the ones which cannot do both, there are little wheel-around step down transformers available.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

38 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Hmm that doesn't seem right, if I connect the cart I get power even with that off as per the tutorials.  I thought the cart was AC.  I asked over on Aerosoft as well and someone there said it was to power lights and such while ground crews were cleaning the cabin and things like that.  So now I don't know what to think.

Don't know this aircraft but I would bet that it uses the batteries (DC) to run cabin lights/service lights for servicing operations. Most large aircraft use mostly AC systems and thus an AC GPU (Ground Power Unit.) However, the main ship batteries are DC and some systems, like lights, are DC. These aircraft will have inverters to make AC from DC power, delivered from the batteries. They will also have rectifier units to make DC out of AC, as provided by a ground cart or the engine generators.

A couple of issues I am having: For some reason I can’t get the distance to waypoint to show up on the ND. I must be doing something wrong, but I am not sure. Also, I just flew from KMKE to KORD, and about 10 miles out I started getting pauses. About a couple of miles from KORD it literally paused for a minute or two. I suppose it’s a setting because this can’t be right, but since I am a CPA working 80 hours a week I really don’t have much time to read up. I do have the P3d version so I am familiar with the plane but I currently lack the focus to figure out what the problem is. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just did my first test flight finally.  A super short 150nm hop from KSMF to KSFO at FL250 into ILS 28L with REX running.  No issues at all other than the FPS stuff (sim and CRJ combined) at times.  It actually went super smooth, though I was at cruise for like 5 minutes lol (I think Simbrief got a little off on its cruise level choice).  No ILS issues, just me stumbling on figuring out how to properly do the VS speeds for descent.  Went back and checked tutorial and looks like I was right in the end. 

At first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put the VS it called for above my restriction point in or the one going into the next waypoint.  I assumed the 2nd which turned out to be correct. Going to have to get used to using views though.  Even at my standard zoom of 65% which is great for everything else, those screens are small and the advisory vnav only showing on the FMS doesn't help.

Overall a lot of fun to fly and one of the best landings I've done in anything outside the TBM so I'm definitely looking forward to flying this more.  I just hope between Aerosoft and Asobo all the FPS issues can be worked out.  Aerosoft really needs to put a glass cockpit refresh option in the EFB since theirs don't respect the sim's setting.