Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

3 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Hi to all CRJ users and i am coming with a question: Does this plane work like it should ??

Yesterday evening and this morning i spend a lot of time to read the Forum at Aerosoft about the CRJ and holy,  there are a lot of people having bad problems and issues with this plane and MSFS.

This scared me that mutch  to hold me

back to order this plane at the moment.

So what are your findings with the usage of this plane ?

cheers 😉

i wonder, did you read the whole thread, and the one at the official forum???

a lot of the issues are user issues, they dont wanna read the manual.

i think its the first really outstanding 3rd party aircraft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pmplayer said:

Hi to all CRJ users and i am coming with a question: Does this plane work like it should ??

Yesterday evening and this morning i spend a lot of time to read the Forum at Aerosoft about the CRJ and holy,  there are a lot of people having bad problems and issues with this plane and MSFS.

cheers 😉

I think the plane is worth it and it flies nicely. It has quirks and issue but many those, like the autopilot will overshoot on turns but not always. If not mistaken, they carried over this issue from P3D version lol. There are issues like the ILS but according to Mr. M is an issue from the sim, i think is because they use the default autopilot for some functions and I am pretty sure the ILS is one of these as I never had this issue with FBW custom experimental autopilot. The good part is, now tons of people bought it which means more noise in their fourms to fix these issues they carried over from P3D version.

Putting aside Aerosoft bad attitude in support, I think is really worth 42€ (for us in Germany 49€ with the VAT) snd I think you will enjoy it 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

27 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think the plane is worth it and it flies nicely. It has quirks and issue but many those, like the autopilot will overshoot on turns but not always. If not mistaken, they carried over this issue from P3D version lol. There are issues like the ILS but according to Mr. M is an issue from the sim, i think is because they use the default autopilot for some functions and I am pretty sure the ILS is one of these as I never had this issue with FBW custom experimental autopilot. The good part is, now tons of people bought it which means more noise in their fourms to fix these issues they carried over from P3D version.

Putting aside Aerosoft bad attitude in support, I think is really worth 42€ (for us in Germany 49€ with the VAT) snd I think you will enjoy it 😉

So does it not fly an ILS ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

see my comment above. haven't flow this IRL except sitting in the back, common commuter in US (flew eg into KEYW) and GER (into EDXW from EDDM eg), so judging how it handles/flies compared to the real thing is not my call but I can tell it handles, looks and sound great, performance very well (see my sig!) but indeed needs much more manual work than the neo. Did just a nice hop from EDDH into EDXW, all fine except that I have to get used to some itchy twitchy behaviour during approach, does not lay in the air like the FBW but hey I may do something wrong here still. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

It depends on what kind of sim experience you are after. Yes, it looks great and it somewhat approximates a real CRJ. Does it fly or function like a real CRJ should? Nope. Is the developer interested in hearing those issues? Nope. Did they carry over issues from the P3D version despite supposedly 'all new code'? Yes.

And honestly, they are using MSFS issues and updates as a scapegoat as well in my opinion. I've encountered a bunch of issues that were in the P3D version as well, like not being able to fly an ILS properly. But they blame it on MSFS.

OK, that post went a bit to the negative side. Again, it comes from disappointment from my side to not see my real life ride done justice in the sim once again by Aerosoft 😛. If you just want to have an airliner experience that is more in-depth than the defaults, it is fine. Just don't expect anything near the level of airliner addons from the past sims.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Prpn said:

. But they blame it on MSFS.

As always...

Rolf Niemi

8 minutes ago, Prpn said:

It depends on what kind of sim experience you are after. Yes, it looks great and it somewhat approximates a real CRJ. Does it fly or function like a real CRJ should? Nope. Is the developer interested in hearing those issues? Nope. Did they carry over issues from the P3D version despite supposedly 'all new code'? Yes.

And honestly, they are using MSFS issues and updates as a scapegoat as well in my opinion. I've encountered a bunch of issues that were in the P3D version as well, like not being able to fly an ILS properly. But they blame it on MSFS.

OK, that post went a bit to the negative side. Again, it comes from disappointment from my side to not see my real life ride done justice in the sim once again by Aerosoft 😛. If you just want to have an airliner experience that is more in-depth than the defaults, it is fine. Just don't expect anything near the level of airliner addons from the past sims.

Yeah indeed, the bugs with CRJ reminded with my experience with the Aerosoft Airbus lol. Anyway, most likely I won't get their Airbus once is released, I'd rather pay that amount for FBW and their great work. Unless if they would release A330 first? Then I will consider it but not an immediate buy for sure

My G2 is in the mail so no experince, but at 1:31 looks like Aerosoft has created a VR mouse that really works in this CRJ!!

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just now, Fielder said:

M

Indeed 😛

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

I was trying to contact this guy...

th?id=AMMS_0ba9468c9671133b45fa032659aa8

Or maybe I just accidentally hit Submit too early 😁

One guy commented below the video...: "Welcome to Souf end ladies and gentlemen, jellied eels are available in the duty free lounge!", LOL.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

55 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I'd rather pay that amount for FBW

same here, the FBW is by now unparalleled and I like it a lot, "deep" enough for me for quick "unattended" flights while homeworking and attending calls at the same time. currently fly the CRJ from TNCM to KEYW as we speak and much more to do, way from unattended. always some beeps and chirping because I need to adjust speed or it loses altitude after I pulled the throttle back at tad too much. Again, knew that it does not come with A/T but heck you really need to babysit it unless I do something completely wrong (which can perfectly be the case since I only look into the manual(s) once I run into a problem

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Old dog don't learn new tricks!  😄😄😄

54 minutes ago, DAD said:

...currently fly the CRJ from TNCM to KEYW as we speak and much more to do, way from unattended. always some beeps and chirping because I need to adjust speed or it loses altitude after I pulled the throttle back at tad too much. Again, knew that it does not come with A/T but heck you really need to babysit it unless I do something completely wrong (which can perfectly be the case since I only look into the manual(s) once I run into a problem

No, you're probably not doing anything wrong. Oddly enough, that requisite perpetual concentration is why I like the CRJ. I'll quote myself from several pages back - "this is an aircraft that demands attention at all stages of flight and is supremely rewarding to fly."

• Like 2

Especially this tread gives me a headache; reading this all the way down ( and i did and all the other threads as well ) is just horrible to read - holy 🤔

SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ - General discussion - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

And nobody answered my question so i try again: Does the plane fly an ILS like it should because it does in real life and i don`t wont to fly every arrival from hand; i do one and the other sometimes

but i don`t will do this at every flight, this is not supposed to be like that..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Does the plane fly an ILS like it should because it does in real life and i don`t wont to fly every arrival from hand

I think it does but usually I fly manually into the runway, this is the whole fun 😉 

• Like 1