Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

14 hours ago, ark said:

One way to avoid having to use two hands to send keypad combinations is to use something like Touch Portal (TP). With TP you can set up single buttons on a tablet which when pressed, send whatever combination of keystroke characters you need to the sim. There is a free version that allows setting up a limited number of buttons, but the Pro version is relatively inexpensive, about $13 or so as I recall, and supports hundreds of buttons if needed. A nice feature is you can label the TP buttons with what they do so you don't have to remember what button does what. And TP is actually quite powerful, e.g., it supports conditional logic programming of buttons if needed, etc.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589200-best-use-of-a-tablet-ever/

https://www.touch-portal.com/

Al

Or use VoiceAttack. I'm in VR so its kind of a must for me. I never liked talking to a computer, but in VR its fun. When I say 'Fuel Panel' I'm instantly right in front of it. 🙂

Just wanted to verify a behavior I noticed vs default and modded default aircraft when trying to run on Vatsim with it.  Am I correct in seeing that Vpilot does not detect the transponder is on and we need to manually click Mode C on Vpilot itself with this?

Ident works in the CRJ but I can't seem to get Mode C to come on by itself.

Edited by flyinion

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, flyinion said:

Just wanted to verify a behavior I noticed vs default and modded default aircraft when trying to run on Vatsim with it.  Am I correct in seeing that Vpilot does not detect the transponder is on and we need to manually click Mode C on Vpilot itself with this?

Ident works in the CRJ but I can't seem to get Mode C to come on by itself.

I think you have to enter the code in the comm screen and also turn the knob that is below on the center console.  Maybe others can confirm.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Loving the CRJ so far!

Just a quick question regarding Simbrief flight plans.  It seems about 1/2 the flight plans I create in Simbrief cause a LOADERROR when I try to import the plan into the FMS.  I am guessing this is caused by a difference in Simbrief nav data compared to what is in the CRJ.  Is there a workaround?  I fly in VR and it gets a bit tedious having to leave VR to create another flight plan in Simbrief, then re-enter VR mode and retry the import into the FMS again (sometimes failing again and requiring repeat of above)

Thanks for any help!  

If you use navigraph you can get the same data in MSFS, Simbrief, and the CRJ.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I wonder if anyone can write a patch, to allow us to use the navigation system that is built in with MSFS?

4 minutes ago, karlz said:

I wonder if anyone can write a patch, to allow us to use the navigation system that is built in with MSFS?

Why? It’s rubbish lol.  The FMS of the CRJ has waaaay more functionality.

• Like 3

Thomas Derbyshire

Ithink he talk about the flight planing part as msfs planer come with actual nav data we all payed allready for. It simply is rubbish that aerosoft force us paying again for it.

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

MS / Asobo could allow for ex. simbrief using the allready purchased data, and or aerosoft would be able reading the default sim fpl format. ...but i would think, this is then a sdk problem again.

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

I would be happy with the rubbish nav that is included with the game.

I am not going to pay a subscription for nav maps for one plane in the sim, this plane fly’s like rubbish anyway, drops on altitude for no reason,  trouble getting glideslope ILS & RNAV approach, in fact have yet to capture a successful one.

The A320NX Flybywire is really coming along nicely, and does pretty well most of the time, with the rubbish built in NAV system, that worked for me to circumnavigate the world in MSFS in the sim.

Edited by karlz

12 hours ago, MarkW said:

I think you have to enter the code in the comm screen and also turn the knob that is below on the center console.  Maybe others can confirm.

I found a post on the AS forum. Apparently it doesn’t properly set the variable that  vpilot looks for to turn on Mode C so I guess we do have to click in vpilot for now. Someone did mention to AS in the thread which variable they need to set though so maybe it will get patched in.  I definitely had squawk set and the transponder on etc. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Funny to see how people seem to love this aircraft. I flew the tutorial flight tonight, step by step, even AS own setup doesn't work, can't hold ALT, can't follow VS, plane just flying anywhere. OK, 50 bucks for a few click spots and cockpit lighting. I write this off like a few virtual drinks. 

Hans

26 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Funny to see how people seem to love this aircraft. I flew the tutorial flight tonight, step by step, even AS own setup doesn't work, can't hold ALT, can't follow VS, plane just flying anywhere. OK, 50 bucks for a few click spots and cockpit lighting. I write this off like a few virtual drinks. 

It is truly my last Aerosoft purchase.  The 737 Max flys better for 20 bucks.

I won’t purchase any other study level planes, if they are this bad... Who wants to spend time studying an aircraft, that can’t even hold altitude, or follow a approach...They must of wanted to cash in on the Plane add on craze, this thing should not of made it past Beta testers, unless they only hand flew the plane, which is fun in bad weather..

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

If you use navigraph you can get the same data in MSFS, Simbrief, and the CRJ.

i could have live with buying 1 cycle for 10 bugs maybe, but now it require a subscription if i understand it right ?  Cowshieeet !

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

...one of a reason buying MSFS was a feature like updated navdata cycles, why should i pay for that again, when i dont need the charts ???

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg