Alright I'm done....

XL560

Do 228-100

390 Premiere 1A

Turbo Commander 690B

H25B H850XP

King Air 350i

525A CITATION CJ2

I'm stepping away from the wallet now....I will not look at anymore...🤣..must resist buying more

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

19 hours ago, Airbus said:

I was thinking of getting the original Grand Caravan 208B with the expansion pack. Can this version be fitted with the GTN 750? Any comments regarding sounds or flight characteristics? What is the difference between this version and the "EX" version?

Thanks!

The most noticeble difference between the HD and EX version is the HD version has Steam Gauges and the EX has glass avionics.

Plus the HD is version 1 and the EX is a version 2 release and as a result is more polished, I have both and the HD cargomaster addon and enjoy flying all three.

You could probably fit a 650 GTN into the space of the original GPS, I fitted the GPS 2020 in the same space as the original.

Plus I've added cockpit immersive sounds, swapped out the turbine engine sounds, patched the engine, modded the model a little to separate the 3D knobs and assigned their hide/display to cockpit switches and swapped the lighting to Shockwave.

I've been also trying to get Spotlights from FlightSimLabs, however they won't approve my forum registration efforts and have not replied to my emails... guess I'd have to buy an airbus off em to gain Spotlights 🤨

Cheers R

Pic showing the GPS 2020 in the Grand Caravan HD @ Mt Kilimanjaro

8D0FD7621177EBEEC32D397120D4CDC9A289CAD6

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

14 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The XL560 has a very heavy VAS footprint.

Yes, it does at over 900MB more than the default Baron. Indeed many have VAS footprints in the 1-1.5GB range including the PA-31T Cheyenne, Shorts 360, SAAB 340, Falcon 50, ATR 42 and 72, Brasilia and Fokker 50 mainly I guess due to their HD textures. The PA-42 Cheyenne III takes top place with a footprint 1.66GB more than the default Baron! The optional 'lite' variants (basically the same model but without a virtual cabin), have VAS footprints which are a little lower, although they could still be described as heavy.

In saying that however, with care (sliders not maxed out, etc) they are all quite usable on VAS limited 32-bit platforms such as FSX.

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Yes, it does at over 900MB more than the default Baron. Indeed many have VAS footprints in the 1-1.5GB range including the PA-31T Cheyenne, Shorts 360, SAAB 340, Falcon 50, ATR 42 and 72, Brasilia and Fokker 50 mainly I guess due to their HD textures. The PA-42 Cheyenne III takes top place with a footprint 1.66GB more than the default Baron! The optional 'lite' variants (basically the same model but without a virtual cabin), have VAS footprints which are a little lower, although they could still be described as heavy.

In saying that however, with care (sliders not maxed out, etc) they are all quite usable on VAS limited 32-bit platforms such as FSX.

Bill

Really appreciate it!🍻

Do you know any way to reduce the VAS load by disabling co pilot displays?

The King Air is very performance hungry also.

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

S340, B1900 and the Citation 525 all ended up in my cart. May end up with the C90b before days end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NormH3 said:

S340, B1900 and the Citation 525 all ended up in my cart. May end up with the C90b before days end. 

The 525 feels really good.

I've flown it by hand from Port Au Prince to Kingston.

Not a fan of this KING Air 350i though...😒

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Do you know any way to reduce the VAS load by disabling co pilot displays?

Unfortunately I don't, sorry and, as I said, I think a lot of the VAS usage of these aircraft is related to the HD (4096) textures which, as I understand, are loaded with the aircraft even if you have set Texture_max_load in FSX at a lower level such as 1024.

I have managed to cope with the VAS limitation of FSX by creating a number of FSX cfgs to deal with low, average or high VAS scenarios and I use whichever one is appropriate to the anticipated VAS demand (taking account of both aircraft and scenery) for the flight I'm planning. I generally try to avoid the combination of heavily resource intensive aircraft with resource intensive scenery addons and I also always use a scenery configurator to ensure that FSX is only loading the scenery I require for a particular flight. In that way I can usually avoid VAS induced OOMs.

Bill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

Unfortunately I don't, sorry and, as I said, I think a lot of the VAS usage of these aircraft is related to the HD (4096) textures which, as I understand, are loaded with the aircraft even if you have set Texture_max_load in FSX at a lower level such as 1024.

I have managed to cope with the VAS limitation of FSX by creating a number of FSX cfgs to deal with low, average or high VAS scenarios and I use whichever one is appropriate to the anticipated VAS demand (taking account of both aircraft and scenery) for the flight I'm planning. I generally try to avoid the combination of heavily resource intensive aircraft with resource intensive scenery addons and I also always use a scenery configurator to ensure that FSX is only loading the scenery I require for a particular flight. In that way I can usually avoid VAS induced OOMs.

Bill

Thanks Bill!🍻

Yea I only load sceneries Im flying to and from now. I’m pretty sure my VR injection processes are the icing on the cake on taxing VAS as I have no issues with OOMs in 2d.  Surprisingly I’m running full visual sliders on max, loaded with all ORBX terrain products and REX Sky products along with Traffic 360 AI, and I’ve only encountered an OOM with the XL560 and QW 146(a later patch fixed that also). Ill lower autogen to dense and turn off road traffic completely (had it set to 9%) 

Pretty darn impressive I can hold 30 fps with that much loaded into 32bit FSX with 4GB VAS limit. Considering VR has to render a 1440p resolution image twice for the stereoscopic 3d. Looks like the XL560 was really pushing it🤣.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

What do folks think about Cirrus SR22? I thought about getting this for P3D? Can you import Flightplans from main P3D into G1000 ? 

Has anyone got the SR22 and can give me there opinion of what they think?

Are you best buying from Simmarket or direct from Carendo website? 

Thanks

Jason

Jason Thompson

12 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Pretty darn impressive I can hold 30 fps with that much loaded into 32bit FSX with 4GB VAS limit. Considering VR has to render a 1440p resolution image twice for the stereoscopic 3d

That is very impressive! Without really knowing much about VR, I would have expected that the resource implications of running VR with FSX particularly with the visual sliders maxed out would have been crippling but clearly you have show it is possible with a well tuned system. I agree that AI road traffic can be a big culprit and I have it turned off for my intensive VAS demand scenarios as well as keeping my AI airline traffic below 10%. I keep my autogen setting at normal and only increase it to dense for the less demanding scenarios but then my system is a lot less powerful than yours.

Bill

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scianoir said:

That is very impressive! Without really knowing much about VR, I would have expected that the resource implications of running VR with FSX particularly with the visual sliders maxed out would have been crippling but clearly you have show it is possible with a well tuned system. I agree that AI road traffic can be a big culprit and I have it turned off for my intensive VAS demand scenarios as well as keeping my AI airline traffic below 10%. I keep my autogen setting at normal and only increase it to dense for the less demanding scenarios but then my system is a lot less powerful than yours.

Bill

So before I touched any sliders I decided to try the plain white painted versions of the XL560 and King Air 350i and sure enough they both ran really well with no OOMs. So these HD liveries are really a tax on VAS as folks have stated before and plain white paint is fine with me as I stay in virtual cockpit the entire flight. Spent some more time with the XL560 and I really love how fast and luxurious it is, the interior quality textures are amazing. The King Air 350i is also growing on me. So far loving everything and $11.99 a piece we’re definitely a steal. Gonna spend more time with the Commander 690B and Hawker 850XP today and read through all the model specific Carenado sub forums here.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

6 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

So far loving everything and $11.99 a piece we’re definitely a steal. 

I’ve bought most of them over the years (I think I might have an addon aircraft addiction!!) so unfortunately I can’t take advantage of those great sale prices.

Bill

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

I’ve bought most of them over the years (I think I might have an addon aircraft addiction!!) so unfortunately I can’t take advantage of those great sale prices.

Bill

The bargain hunting and collecting is just as fun as the flying in this hobby. I surely have a 3D model car, boat and aircraft addiction. They are like the hotwheels/matchbox cars I collected as a child but in digital form. I knew MSFS release would open the flood gates of drastically reduced prices on FSX/P3D payware and even now freeware and sure enough here we are snatching everything we’ve once had on a wishlist forever. This is a wonderful time for collectors like you and I.🍻

Lou

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

I get the urge to buy vehicles quite often, before the current world economic issues it was full sized BMW motorcycles so at least this is a lot cheaper.

I’ve been preparing to get the just flight BAe 146 for X-PLANE which was estimating release in March but it’s not materialised so the I’m needing something cheap As a diversion .

I’m thinking about the PA 31T Cheyenne for X-Plane?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.