Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Performance hotfix (1.14.6.0) is now live!!!

Huh. This is interesting. Right as I got to directly over Exuma, framerate suddenly jumped to between 20 and 30, mostly at 30. 

The interesting bit is that throughout this test, it's reported as being limited by main thread, and the main thread 's bar graph was red and very low. Now it's green/yellow and all the way to the top of its window, which combined with my system performance monitor never seeing the chip, gpu, or ram get anywhere close to maxed out suggests that the bug involves some sort of artificial constraints being placed on resource usage. 

I'm also noticing that the CPU Mem number, which during slow framerate times just keeps going up, is now back down in the 4000's (out of 32,688) and is going up and down slightly, which is more the behavior I'd expect. 

FWIW my hardware is a Ryzen 7 2700X at 4.1ghz, 32g ram, and a 1080Ti. And I'm looking per core, not overall usage, so I know it's not one core firewalled at 100% while the rest idle.

And there's no way this is a purely hardware problem. Not only is my hardware, like I said, not even straining, but I was getting such smooth framerates before the last update that I never even bothered to see what they were. It was smooth everywhere, even ridiculous places like NYC or LA.

Edited by eslader

I just tested out of KDFW with the FBW Experimental A320 with live weather and live traffic.  Generally between 40 and 54 FPS but as soon as you get close to the airport it all becomes a word not allowed show of stutters until after touchdown.  The issue has been smoothed out but not resolved.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

16 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

What do you mean?  The community folder I did.

The official folder too, if the files are already there the sim won't have to redownload them. I did that when switching from MS Store to Steam, and it worked fine.

Edit: Ah someone explained it to you already.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Not if you change also the motherboard.

Not with windows 10 it seems.

I bought an entirely new computer, moved my OS SSD over to it from my old computer and have had zero issues. Just had to install the drivers for the new hardware. Windows never yelled at me to reactivate or anything. This was over a year ago now.

Edited by Tuskin38

Did a test flight last night from KSBA to ORBX KSJC in the CRJ at night. FPS held all the way. Had higher FPS at KSJC than pre patch in the day at default with a basic default aircraft. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

29 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Did a test flight last night from KSBA to ORBX KSJC in the CRJ at night. FPS held all the way. Had higher FPS at KSJC than pre patch in the day at default with a basic default aircraft. 

I get great performance in the CRJ, certainly better than the TBM with performance mod and WT G3000 mod, or the WT CJ4. Have you noticed how smooth the speed and ALT tapes are on the PFD - beautiful.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 hours ago, somiller said:

Have you noticed how smooth the speed and ALT tapes are on the PFD - beautiful.

That’s because it ignores the glass cockpit refresh option which I normally keep low for A32NX or medium for the g1000/3000

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

12 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Wait are you using that GeForce Experience Automatic Graphics Optimization Wizard feature?

I avoid that like the plague...

If I was, not intentionally.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Later today, Navdata will be pushed to the sim as well. This will be an in-sim content update so be sure to look out for that.

Can anyone point me where do i find this update in-sim?

Is it in the Marketplace Free Content Category? because I don't find it...

Thanks a lot

Edited by Noooch

21 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Can anyone point me where do i find this update in-sim?

Is it in the Marketplace Free Content Category? because I don't find it...

Thanks a lot

Not in the Market place. After the update in Microsoft Store for version 1.14.6.0 you run the sim and the update, if you haven't got, will download and install - 3 files.

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Oh I already downloaded the perf update from the update screen thanks for your reply

11 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

How is this possible? 😲

I have no idea, and I know some are complaining that the CRJ is hard on their systems, but it is ultra-smooth for me, and I don't lower any settings to fly it. I have stutters and hiccups with the TBM and CJ4, but not the CRJ, even if fps drops from my locked 30fps, it's still really smooth.

I flew KTOL-KORD (FSDreamteam KORD) in the CRJ last night and taxiing after arrival I was down to a steady 24fps, but it was perfectly smooth with no stutters at all. In the TBM and CJ4 I can have rock-solid 30fps and get stutters. I keep the glass panel refresh on medium, and sometimes low - I think the stutters have something to do with the panel.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

8 minutes ago, somiller said:

I keep the glass panel refresh on medium, and sometimes low - I think the stutters have something to do with the panel.

Yea, they do. The CRJ doesn’t use the same I believe. 

Try putting it on high. Apparently if it’s on low or medium it causes frame pacing issues.