Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

The Best of Times; The Worst of Times

3 hours ago, gb09f said:

I sometimes think I'm running a completely different sim when I read about all these problems. I have a mid- range PC and I've had one crash since release and that was cased by Navigraph. 

In saying that, I'm lucky enough to be able to use my PC solely for flight simming and my only software additional to a base Windows 10 install is MSFS, Navigraph and FlyByWire A320neo. 

Antivirus software is the biggest scam around, most people don't need it but the cyber security companies scare them into believing that they must have it installed. As well as the built-in Windows antivirus software. 

I think perhaps a lot of problems are caused by people having too many conflicting software packages on their PCs.  Keep it simple is my way to go. 

I think your making some assumptions about peoples configs without asking.

I had the same pauses coming in to KORD on short final post patch. Flight was going great with smooth and high frame rates from Pearson until i got to approach and final at KORD. Some long pauses occurred which was non existent before the so called "performance fix"

Exactly the same stuff occuring to Mr Fuzzy.

For the record i dont even install FBW or WT Mods and use the default airliners and airports. Unless somone now wants to assert  airline liveries are to blame in my community folder.

My exclusive flight sim rig 

Ryzen 5900x / Powercolor 6800xt Red Devil / 32 GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR 3600 Cas16 / 2x Adata 8200pro NVMe's / Asus Strix B550 Gaming F Wifi on a Windows 10 install with no additional programs.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So you're comparing a $70 game to the American Revolution. Ooooooookkkkayyyyy....

I didn't mean to imply that a $70 game can be compared to the suffering of the American Revolution. No, that's ridiculous. However, I own the Deluxe Premium edition for $120, so that's a completely different story. 🙂

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

However, Salzburg in Austria also used to be smooth.  Now, on approach to the airport from the south, and especially when banking East after a touch and go, it is an absolute pause fest, sometimes for 2 seconds at a time, and every few seconds.  Banking left and to the West, no problem at all.  Like I say, some kind of scenery issues, not linked to FPS at all.

Just landed there entering left downwind RW 15 from Klagenfurt. A slight pause after touchdown

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It seems to be related to specific problem scenery areas, but reduce Terrain Lod from 200 to 100 seems to help in most situations for me.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Today I finally was able to make a complete flight with the just updated Prosim 737-800 flightmodel and performance was very good.

When making small turns I can see jittering at the outer side but that I have seen always.

No franerate drops whatsoever.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The insight that throwing expensive hardware at a Microsoft Flightsimulator iteration rarely solves the problem is about 20 years old. 

I agree. A clean, well-maintained PC will go a long way in avoiding problems such as CTDs. I've had very few CTDs, and my PC is, as I said, close to 6 years old. And because it runs very well and gives me decent performance at medium settings in MSFS 2020, I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon. 

In addition, I'm extremely allergic to replacing equipment that isn't broken. Unfortunately, a lot of folks fall for the hardware manunfacturers' scam of "bigger and more expensive is better".

Ah yes, the victim blamers are out in force again, making justifications for the poor coding of the sim that can't run reliably on hardware that works find with every other game out there...

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the thread other then how awesome everything is, why don't you stay the heck out of the thread?  Go post in one of the "everything is awesome" threads about how great the Aerosoft CRJ is and how wonderful and friendly Aerosoft's customer support is or something.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

11 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Please post a video that shows these pauses/freezes. 

I'm running a close to 6 year old pc with 8 gigs of system ram. The pauses/freezes I get are, to me, an acceptable trade off for the overall performance of the sim, even on low-spec hardware. 

If MSFS improves this even further - great. Not something that raises my heart rate, though.

But that's just my opinion <shrug>

I don't care what kind of PC someone has, when running a flight sim, pauses are worst kind of immersion breaker there is. I am lucky I only get them once every 10 flights or so, and just for a second, and then gone. Haven't seen long pauses since the early FS9 days. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Ah yes, the victim blamers are out in force again, making justifications for the poor coding of the sim that can't run reliably on hardware that works find with every other game out there...

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the thread other then how awesome everything is, why don't you stay the heck out of the thread?  Go post in one of the "everything is awesome" threads about how great the Aerosoft CRJ is and how wonderful and friendly Aerosoft's customer support is or something.

I agree, that knee jerk reaction that some have telling someone that posts a problem they are having, telling them that their PC he problem, really gets old and annoying. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

My best of times have been found in another sim:

1CNB3yy.png

I'm waiting for MSFS to mature a bit before loading again.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

My best of times have been found in another sim:

1CNB3yy.png

I'm waiting for MSFS to mature a bit before loading again.

FS 2004?

Well, I have been flying 3 times from the South in to LOWS RY 33, touch and go, bank East over the city. Smooth. No pauses, no micro stutters even.

Modest rig: Ryzen 3600 cpu, super 2600 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2K monitor (32" curved). 42 fps down to about 36 sometimes. All settings on Ultra except 'render scaling' set to 100 to exactly match the 2K display resolution of the monitor, and glass cockpit panel refresh set to 'medium'. Everything else Ultra.

I'm beginning to think with a 2K monitor these stutters and hiccups just don't happen, even with an underclass cpu and gpu like I have and all the settings cranked up to ultra.

I wonder if some of you guys with stutter issues, temporarily hook up a 2K monitor, instead of just turning down 'render scaling' while on a 4K monitor would make the issues go away. All I know is everything is smooth everywhere on my low class rig.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was in the Cub Crafters X-Cub which does have glass display

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Maxis said:

For the record i dont even install FBW or WT Mods and use the default airliners and airports.

Bro, you're missing out!  And you've got a stout rig compared to mine (10600K, 2070 Super, both OCed), and I run FBW, WT, and more and in VR (HP Reverb G2s), and it runs really well.  I use my eyes as my primary framerate counter, but I occasionally spot check with Afterburner, and according to that I'm getting 25-30 fps in VR, which you might think would be a slideshow, but it's not!  It's so smooth that sometimes I wonder if the reported fps is actually an error.  Haven't been into KORD recently, so I can't speak to that, but I just flew from Gatwick to Berlin in the latest dev A32NX (which I absolutely love), and had smooth frames the whole way except when I turned VR off accidentally, and turning it back on caused an issue for a bit while everything settled down, but I was at cruise and George was flying, so no harm, no foul.  Once it settled out, it was just fine again.

Seriously, try those mods, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Bro, you're missing out!  And you've got a stout rig compared to mine (10600K, 2070 Super, both OCed), and I run FBW, WT, and more and in VR (HP Reverb G2s), and it runs really well.  I use my eyes as my primary framerate counter, but I occasionally spot check with Afterburner, and according to that I'm getting 25-30 fps in VR, which you might think would be a slideshow, but it's not!  It's so smooth that sometimes I wonder if the reported fps is actually an error.  Haven't been into KORD recently, so I can't speak to that, but I just flew from Gatwick to Berlin in the latest dev A32NX (which I absolutely love), and had smooth frames the whole way except when I turned VR off accidentally, and turning it back on caused an issue for a bit while everything settled down, but I was at cruise and George was flying, so no harm, no foul.  Once it settled out, it was just fine again.

Seriously, try those mods, you will not be disappointed.

I know im missing out.. But consider me more cautious than some knowing beforehand that i would have had to deal with the headache of Asobo breaking something with every update. I saw it coming with the third party stuff. What i didn't see coming was them even breaking their own stuff but i digress.

I work in IT so am a little meticulous about how my pc is set up and what goes on my system and i am willing to wait for a little more stability from the sim platform before i dive in and Asobo aren't there yet. Besides it gives WT and FBW more "cooking time" to add more features in the mean time. 

Trust me i want to dive in. I just don't want the headache and potential extra troubleshooting that comes with it.

Im kind of waiting for a stable period where Asobo is merely adding content and the major functionality aspect of the sim platform is more or less complete. Im aware there will be constant improvements and enhancements but im willing to vouch that no developer is going to be happy about needing to drop a new patch with every update because Asobo modified something. So im in the wait and see camp for now.

As to framerates .. Thats not usually an issue for me. I know the system can run pretty much anything i throw at it.... until this last update introduced the pauses and ONLY in specific circumstances as described above. Which brings me back to my issue with how Asobo handles their QA, update process and project management.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

51 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Bro, you're missing out!  And you've got a stout rig compared to mine (10600K, 2070 Super, both OCed), and I run FBW, WT, and more and in VR (HP Reverb G2s), and it runs really well. 

I envy you. I bought a Reverb G2, it's on its way back for a refund. It would not turn on, would not display anything. I got to Windows Mixed Reality or the Steam VR screen where it says to 'plug in your headset'. Which I did and nothing happened and the 'plug in your headset request did not go away. And nothing was seen in the display. Windows could not see any headset plugged in.

Maybe I had a bad headset (a lemon). But it would be risky for me to put up another $600 to try another one of those. I'll probably try a Facebook Oculus when they release the next model later this year to replace the Quest 2.