Sign in to follow this  
kt069

A320NX FBW Standalone Version Seems To Be Broken

A bit off topic, but I find it very interesting that of all things, liveries can cause CTD's.  Historically they seem so benign.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

something is off, I'm using stable 0.54.  Last night loaded up at LFMN, FPS stuck at 17 and very stuttery.  Normally takes my sim 10-15 seconds to come alive but no joy.  Loaded up at LFMN in the TBM and everything as "normal".  Tonight loaded up at Macco EGBB in the A320, at the gate FPS 30 (locked at 30).  Setting the plane up and about 10 mins in FPS sticks at 17 again and stutters.  In fact just as I type the FPS has returned to 30 locked after at least 5 mins, which feels like a long time when you staring at the screen!  

EDIT:  FPS 17 and stutters again now on taxi hmmmmmmm

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

FlyByWire Dev version and experimental is definively not working. Crasching sim on load. Can use the stable version thou, but something is not right. Used to run the Dev version before update.

Weird thing is happening with the new WU and the A32NX Exp.

During a flight on a wide screen, if I ALT-TAB to watch a youtube video on the left side while still monitoring my instruments, at a random point, throttle will jump back to idle, giving a pinch to my TM TCA will put it back on CLB. Before WU4, I never had this problem.

I want to try with other planes

Anyone knows a way on dev mode to show throttle position on the screen, like percent, or raw value?

I am using the latest 'modified' liveries for the latest Dev stand-alone FBW A320  from Flightsim.to and am having no problems. I don't know about FPS as I don't look....ignorance is bliss 😊

It’s really “interesting” to see how different it seems. I have much less CTD since the new update during development, also using the Lufthansa livery I converted myself.

One thing that might be a reason: I update often that means my WASM get’s recompiled. Maybe if you leave the plane in and it tries to use the old compiled form of the WASM you run into issues as well. So deleting that stuff (above work folder) might help.

Dev version with the new delivered no worries with the 320

But I still noticed a drop in performance in flight and even worse on the ground! And so in Paris it's worse and worse ....

After I only have a 1080 but I had fluidity before the update (I never look at my FPS)

3 hours ago, AGuther said:

It’s really “interesting” to see how different it seems. I have much less CTD since the new update during development, also using the Lufthansa livery I converted myself.

One thing that might be a reason: I update often that means my WASM get’s recompiled. Maybe if you leave the plane in and it tries to use the old compiled form of the WASM you run into issues as well. So deleting that stuff (above work folder) might help.

How do I follow this tip. Deleting the stuff above work folder??

6 hours ago, Borgillios said:

How do I follow this tip. Deleting the stuff above work folder??

Delete the files but not the work folder here:

Microsoft Store Version:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo

Steam Version:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo

Experimental version here: it loads ok, but the navigation displays (both pilot and first officer side) are not working. They are red complaining they cannot display the map.

I didn't wait for the animation to finish, I pressed FLY NOW immediately. Also, if I restart the flight, same problem.

A.

Well, it seems to be clearly a sim issue, as I said I have really significant less CTD since the update and also no restrictions function wise.

3 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Experimental version here: it loads ok, but the navigation displays (both pilot and first officer side) are not working. They are red complaining they cannot display the map.

I didn't wait for the animation to finish, I pressed FLY NOW immediately. Also, if I restart the flight, same problem.

A.

Set the ADIRS switches on the overhead panel to NAV.

Edited by Tuskin38