48 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

What’s the difference between studio and “regular” drivers?

The Studio one is theoretically for content creators and the Game one for gamers.
As I work with Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc, I use the Studio dirver, as recommended
But honestly, I am not sure how much of a difference you would see in the sim. Maybe none.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Driver 461.92...hard to beat.  Works flawlessly.

Stan

• Upvote 2

Crash for me too. Fault module: nvwgf2umx.dll

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I would wait for the next driver https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/448105/geforce-46611-grd-feedback-thread-released-41421/

Open Issues:
[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]
[Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]
[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]
[Prepar3D]: The application crashes to desktop after launched. [3285067] -> Fixed in next driver
[YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
[Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]

1 hour ago, deepstar said:

466.11 works for me. I have P3D v4.5 and a RTX 2080 Super

The issue is with P3Dv5.

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I would wait for the next driver https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/448105/geforce-46611-grd-feedback-thread-released-41421/

Open Issues:
[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]
[Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]
[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]
[Prepar3D]: The application crashes to desktop after launched. [3285067] -> Fixed in next driver
[YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
[Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]

And that’s the answer. Next driver release it is!

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

456.71 works just fine for me (with P3Dv4.5HF2 and Assetto Corsa), so no update is required.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 hours ago, edpatino said:

Let's wait to read:

- Smoothest driver ever...

- FPS increased for me...

- Solid driver...

- etc., etc....😆

If only it was like that. With all the performance improvement reports that come with every new driver release, we'd be running our sims stutter-free at 500 FPS by now. 😝

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

so no update is required

That may apply to 99,864% of the people updating their drivers when they are released. A conservative estimate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Open Issues:

somones had a word with them,  dont call it a game kid, thats the microsoft kids one.  🙂 

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

The issue is with P3Dv5.

Quoting from Beau Hollis, LM employee: "We were able to isolate this problem to a specific function call in the D3D12 API that the latest driver doesn't seem to handle correctly. We modified a D3D12 SDK sample to produce the same crash seen in P3D v5 and we provided the sample code to Nvidia. It's likely this issue only impacts D3D12 renderers, which might explain why so few applications/games are experiencing this issue. We'll report back here when we have something new to share."

See https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=239382#p239382

• Like 3

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Manuel, in the Nvidia forum reports the programmers are working on the P3D fix, but he would not say when the driver update solution may appear. So, we wait....

Sherm

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:26 AM, shermank said:

New driver works for me, except when trying to reload shaders while in sim..i.e. F5, which will cause  CTD. . Otherwise, I am noticing no performance differences....

Sherm

So it works except when it crashes.  And it provides no benefits.  I'll pass