Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

FPS Drop Over Time

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Which indicates a threading or memory clean up issue usually, but hard to say for sure.

I guess I could look at my GPU usage when I can trigger the problem, and yes my FPS does drop to 15-20 only when I face the vegetation. When I turn the other way, the problem goes away. Also, the problem usually auto-resolves if I move around long enough or wait it out.

The crazy thing is, if I go to the outside view, my gpu performance will got back up, but jumping back in the cockpit and it goes back down

44 minutes ago, piperarrow41 said:

Are you guys running Rolling Cache?  I am going to try turning mine off and see if that helps.

I've always had mine off since release

2 hours ago, Noel said:

How long are you talking about on this Tomaz?  I think my longest flights are only about 3-3.5h and so far I don't think this is happening to me, but perhaps I confused this with random drops.  Some do seem less random and more region specific, and relatively small regions at that.  

Anything more than 1h actually.

1 hour ago, piperarrow41 said:

Are you guys running Rolling Cache?  I am going to try turning mine off and see if that helps.

I have rolling cache turned off.

Sorry to drag this old post up, but, this still isn’t fixed. I just did a 1h20m flight and suffered a 10fps drop that was inexplicable. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Sorry to drag this old post up, but, this still isn’t fixed. I just did a 1h20m flight and suffered a 10fps drop that was inexplicable. 

I seem to only get it over certain regions of the globe. For instance, I've repeated the following flights many times and cannot replicate the FPS degradation:

Honolulu-Sydney

Sydney-Dubai vv

Sydney-Doha

Dubai-Lisbon vv

Doha-Sao Paulo vv

Dubai-Sao Paulo

I get FPS loss in the following (100% repeatable)

London-Dubai vv

Frankfurt-Dubai vv

Dubai - JFK/Toronto

It seems that in my case it only happens when overflying the European continent. It could be related to the data streaming of that particular part of the globe?

Edited by bondislacker

Last Q&A they were discussing this fps degradation over time. The Youtube March 2 Q&A at 28:06

They're building a display something like the dev mode fps multicolor display that will show usage of every subsystem in the sim. That way by looking at the numbers and colors the user or MS team can tell where the bottleneck is whichj is building up and killing the fps over time. Sebastian said he left the sim running during meetings and overnight for hours and could not get any slowdown of fps on his system. So they are building this monitor display into the dev mode for investigations of this issue on individual user basis.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

Last Q&A they were discussing this fps degradation over time. The Youtube March 2 Q&A at 28:06

They're building a display something like the dev mode fps multicolor display that will show usage of every subsystem in the sim. That way by looking at the numbers and colors the user or MS team can tell where the bottleneck is whichj is building up and killing the fps over time. Sebastian said he left the sim running during meetings and overnight for hours and could not get any slowdown of fps on his system. So they are building this monitor display into the dev mode for investigations of this issue on individual user basis.

Hopefully that will help people. Perhaps some Addon is causing this.

Myself, I have this when using a WASM module with MSFS. For Prosim this means that in spotplane view you can see external animations and external lights from within the cockpit. In my case the auto trim data is overloading the SDK/Simconnect.

When I take out the WASM module from the. Community folder no framerate drop over time.

I can imagine that the Asobo team do their testing with a clean MSFS without Addons….

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The only drop I have noticed, and my longest ever flights in MFS started with SU8 Beta and continue with SU8 Final, all in the FBW A320, never resulted in generalized fps drop and affected only the FBW A320 ND end PFD displays.

5 to 7 hr flights ended with FPS at the sharp 30 I have set in the sim ( VSync ON  and FPS set to 30 in game, nothing in NCP or whatever other than "prefer best performance" on the Power settings ).

The only "strange stutters" I experienced during SU8 Beta but not now in SU8 Final affected the ND and PFD of the FBW A320. Alternating between desktop and MFS ( which I run full screen ) solved the problem.

I have just the base install of MFS Standard, no WU ( waiting for Portugal & Spain ), only DC-6, Seminole, P51D Strega, Discus 2c and Rolladen Schneider LS-4.

I am on Ryzen 5600x, 32 GB RAM, 1TB nvme 2, Nvidia 3060 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 ( I LOVE WINDOWS 11 !!! )

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have no report of interest, two 45 minutes flights today and no f.p.s. drop, zero stutters or pauses. But I'm running 1080p monitor and locked at 30 fps and so the sim just lopes along.

If I had decent system instead of this low cost desktop, I would run 1440 not 4K. The 4K guys are always complaining of stutters or drops. Maybe they have no headroom, little margin for error. But when it's running right, they do have the best image by far! So there's that!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was having issues with FPS drops and stutter. I did some research and some said Yourcontrols can cause this issue. I have since removed it from my community folder and things run substantially better. Hopefully this helps some.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I've just had this issue for the first time ever using MSFS flying LFKF-ENBR.

All smooth at locked 30 FPS at departure and cruise but when I started initial descend into Bergen, frames dropped to around 10FPS:

E965AcH.png

When parked at the gate, I've resetted the flight (Sim went back to LFKF), everything was back to normal:

dNNNJgm.png

GPU temps at around 60°C, CPU temps between 30-40°C.
I've been using the FBW for every flight for the last couple months and I'm on the dev version since a month or so without any problems.

I'm not entirely sure anymore, but I've installed this visual docking guidance system https://fs.nool.ee/MSFS/VDGS/Releases/ because some freeware airport addon readme told me to do so a week or two ago. For the time being, I remove this VDGS addon from the community folder and see what happens.

In msfs dev mode, I've found a wasm debug tool, because @GSalden mentioned wasm modules in another thread:

Only the FBW A320 and this tool are listed in the wasm debug tool.

Lets see if the VDGS addon was the origin of this huge FPS drop.

Will report back if there's something new on my side 😉

• Like 1

If anyone is using YourControls, make sure to remove it when you are **not** using it. It will cause degradation over time if it is left installed but not used for a session. This has resolved the issues many of our users faced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

Ok, just flying ENBR-ELLX and I'm facing this issue again, so I can confirm fs.nool.ee's VDGS tool is not the source of the FPS drop.
Either there went something wrong with sim update 9 in MSFS or FBW's dev version and the compatibility to SU9 (pure speculation, as I don't use anything else in MSFS).

I also noticed that the mouse icon doesn't change to the push/pull and rotate icons sometimes when this issue is present.
I've never had this before and it feels like those two issues are linked with each other...