Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

Just now, Matchstick said:

Then don't buy it until they release more.

I was never going to buy it anyway. As you can easily save the money and add it to other money to buy a better addon when the time comes for MSFS or on another platform altogether. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, a321 said:

well who knows, but that is more cost. The problem is there is no word or seemingly inclination for the SDK or whatever the obstruction is to be fixed.

More cost seems entirely reasonable if they then provide a high(ish) fidelity model of 777 systems.

Edited by Matchstick

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

But will they? They would need to make a statement to actually say that. At the moment I haven't see any indication that would be the case.

Plus they actually just said this on facebook rather than waiting for SDK updates:

"Advanced systems programing takes years and that 777 could cost $100+"

This just proves to me they dont take the sim seriously, They have already done the coding they have a base, it may have to be translated but they have it. Oh wow!!

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

More cost seems entirely reasonable if they then provide a high(ish) fidelity model of 777 systems.

its been answered

Plus they actually just said this on facebook rather than waiting for SDK updates:

Just now, a321 said:

its been answered

So they could release a 777 model and (presumably flight dynamics model) without custom systems now for a relatatively low price.

Sounds like a pretty smart business move to me.

This is really really lame. As far as I am concerned, this is again another black mark on CS which were on a better path to improvement. This is many steps back.  There is way too many aircraft addons taking the default crapola systems and cockpit textures and mismashing together.  Horrible reputation for MSFS to tout it being serious when this stuff is being pulled.  At least Aerosoft went out and kept things true to the real aircraft. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Wasn't Captain Sim did same thing back in FSX? First thy release just visuals. Later and pack just some systems? 

However, I agree I'd rather wait something from PMDG and buy all at once for $100

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 minutes ago, a321 said:

Ok let me explain. The sim cant cope with their study level 777 that they have for other sims! So yes.. they went the money grab. Until they state otherwise!

No I don't think so, they admitted (on their FB page), if they will go deeper in simulations (which is possible in MSFS of course), it will take them years (which is expected), instead went for the fast track. So for me is not that MSFS is not capable, it is the third party dev that want to eat from the cake as fast as possible. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

What it is as well to be aware of, is that anything is only a 'cash grab' if you buy it. Nobody is twisting our arms up our backs to do that. Some may not like the approach they have taken in making this, but they can vote with their wallets if this is the case. If on the other hand you think, 'it'll do for the moment for 20 quid', then you won't be disappointed. As I say, purists need not apply, but this is nothing new and I think complaining about it is the same as people who complain about a movie or TV show instead of turning their TV off and not watching the thing.

We know the big guns are developing for MSFS, but that will take time and in the interim, actually having any sort of widebody add on for the price of a round of drinks is fair enough. It took a lot longer for that to happen with FSX (i.e. many years), and with P3D and XPlane etc too, and so I think comments concerning MSFS 'not being a real sim' ought to bear that timeline in mind and note that it's actually progressing quicker than other sims did on that score. And similarly, complaining that it isn't a study sim airliner for 20 quid is the same deal. They are coming and in the meantime we have a choice; either wait, or have a bit of fun with an interim add-on if you have 20 quid going spare.

If they were asking 60 quid for it, I would have a completely different opinion on the matter in terms of reviewing it, but the price of entry is always an important consideration in such cases.

Crossing the Channel en route to LFPG:

Jou6wAA.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can someone please enlighten me on why this thread is relevant? I already have an incomplete 777 in MSFS. I don't need another one. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Isn't it an open market and developers can make what they want, and consumers can buy what they want? Just because you want or have $130 to spend on an aircraft in the future, doesn't mean that others have or want to spend that amount of money? It's called open market. And the customer chooses what they want. People here in this thread are buying it and know before they check out, roughly what type of aircraft they are getting. Now if it's not worth the price for what you get, let everyone know. But if it goes form point A to B, within the MSFS system. What's the problem?

Each individual customer chooses, not us. Their money, not ours. They buy a bad product, or a good one, it's on them. Although it would help if a few different videos were made with the pro's and con's, to help people decide. Then they can break out their wallet or not!

Amazes me that everyone thinks or cares about spending over $100.00 on an add on, just because you will.

Bring it on developers, the consumer will decide if they want your product or not. And watch out if you just wanna have FUN in the sim. Some people will be angry!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

18 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

No I don't think so, they admitted (on their FB page), if they will go deeper in simulations (which is possible in MSFS of course), it will take them years (which is expected), instead went for the fast track. So for me is not that MSFS is not capable, it is the third party dev that want to eat from the cake as fast as possible. 

a321 is an X-Plane fanatic and doesn't even know what MSFS is capable of.  It's tiring to counter the misinformation from such people, but those of us who have been paying attention already know that almost everything you want to do to make a study level airliner in MSFS is possible, based on the information from Working Title and the FBW team.

Even for the CRJ, Aerosoft said they are waiting for a few changes to the SDK to finish off the missing pieces but Aerosoft also acknowledged they could do the missing pieces with HTML and Javascript, which is already a part of the SDK.   I believe Aerosoft (Mathias in their forums) said they don't want to use HTML and Javascript and I assume they want do it in C++ instead, so they are waiting.

Best to ignore a321, he/she seems to not know the capabilities of MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Chock said:

keep in mind it is only 20 quid

true, but 20 quid here, 20 quid there, next thing you know you are spending more quid on mediocre addons than you are on a cocktail date with Nigella Lawson, and the ROI with Nigella is probably a whole lot higher...

Edited by Ricardo41

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

true, but 20 quid here, 20 quid here, next thing you know you are spending more quid on mediocre addons than you are on a cocktail date with Nigella Lawson, and the ROI with Nigella is probably a whole lot higher...

Well that would be true if it was a mediocre add-on, but it's not, it is an add-on which has a certain level of functionality, at a price commensurate with that level of functionality, which is not the same thing. Nobody who has bought things such as the FSL A320 for P3D at 140 quid is likely to be confused by this.

It's worth also considering this: Many flight simmers aware of the kind of thing CS does, await their Christmas sale and pick up their stuff for a tenner and accept what they are getting for that kind of money, this is only 20 quid, so it's not a vast amount more than the price where people are prepared to accept such limitations.

But whether it is 20 quid or 200 quid, it's always the buyer's choice on whether to pull the trigger. This is why I do reviews, to help with that decision-making process, but ultimately the buyer is the one who decides if they want to pull the trigger.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Too late, Alan. I am only thinking about the ROI with Nigella after that post! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png