Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Does any one know the answer to the above? It's crucial to me at least. ie is it a 777 with 747 screens or is it a 747 with a 777 shell? Weights? Range? Performance? Fuel capacity? Flight dynamics? Etc etc etc.

It's all wrong. They really just copied all 747 stuff (including contact points, weights, calculations for takeoff and approach speeds). It's all jacked up. 

8 hours ago, reignman40 said:

I don't get the hate for Asobo/MS after a release like this and opening the argument that it is a game or will never be a true sim because study level was not available from day one from developers. People seem to forget the early days of FSX, some developers were porting over their FS9 versions with maybe a few goodies but not taking full advantage of new FSX features. Oh and some of those addons whether free updates or money grabs were broke within a year once SP1&SP2 were released and had to be patched again. The jump from FS9 to FSX was big at the time but tiny compared to FSX/P3D to MSFS. (if it can even be compared)

Regarding a cash grab (in the opinion of some) payware like the CS 777. Flight Sim is bigger and even more popular than ever before. It's no longer a niche market of aviation fans and old fogies. It's bringing in ALOT of newbies and causal simmers alike and some developers are taking advantage of that. In the end if it brings new people to the hobby, that is great. I'm sure if we went far enough back in time we could find video of everyone on this very forum (possibly sporting mullets?) taking off from Meigs Field in the Learjet, flying through the Chicago skyline like Will Smith flying an F-18 through the grand canyon in Independence Day. 

So in the meantime while MSFS matures, go back to your sim that utilizes 1 of your 16 CPU cores... At least MSFS can't hurt you there. 

It's the word not allowed from other sims (one in particular) that, as usual, seem more interested in shilling for their sim of choice on forums like this than, y'know, actually flying.

• Like 3

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

19 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

899 downloads of the Emirates livery, say £20 a pop = £17,980 just from the ones who have downloaded the Emirates livery.

where did you get the info that 900 CS777 liveries have been downloaded? Any source?

13 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

where did you get the info that 900 CS777 liveries have been downloaded? Any source?

flightsim.to  It's at 1083 downloads now.

• Like 1

https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/captainsim-boeing-777/last-released/2

At this point it is at 1,084 downloads for the Emirates livery. All the other paint jobs are in the high numbers too.

Of course this says nothing about how many people like or dislike the thing, but it does tend to indicate they've shifted a lot of copies of the thing, since I daresay there will also be a lot of users who haven't downloaded that livery, possibly many more than those who have.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thats great, isn't it - so it can't be a total garbage 😅

I like it and after a possible Update what  probably fix most of the anomalys it is just a bit more a Tripple Seven.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Thats great, isn't it - so it can't be a total garbage 😅

I like it and after a possible Update what  probably fix most of the anomalys it is just a bit more a Tripple Seven.

cheers 😉

Quote directly from CS:

The future.
1. Systems and flight model.
The 777 is not a 747 mod, hence not a mod which will evolve. We are not going to make any changes to the default 747 code. So systemwise the 777-200 is pretty much done. But of course we will address teething issues so please feel free to report them.

We'll see when they deem "teething issues" and after that...you bought what you bought.

Since they are not making any changes to the default code, I take that to mean you'll have a 777 with 747 weights, speeds, performance, dynamics, engines, door placement, contact points, etc.

I think this is all the 777 you're gonna get.

I agree she looks really pretty, and CS has always been good at making pretty exterior models, but I'll pass on this pretty face and wait for an actual 777 to hit the market (I know it'll be a long wait, but we're all aware of that)

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

When will the stupidity end?

• Like 1

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

We will see what will come and just to say:

If not all is fixed like i think it should be it is not killing me - i mean for 24 bucks i do like it

as it is yet means:  I can live with that and waiting with patience for one with more system depth possible PMDG' s part.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I think this is a very safe plane, a 777 with 2 extra engines. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think this is a very safe plane, a 777 with 2 extra engines. 

2 invisible non-material engines which makes it perfect against bird strikes.

• Like 1

We at AVSIM are such an insignificant number. How many of us do you think are active in this MSFS forum, 1,000? 5,000? Our demographic here tends to be the ones that are really really into flight simulators. MSFS is well over 1,000,000 copies now. What I'm getting at is yes we want every aircraft to be fully modeled to the smallest detail because the majority of us here like to fly flights by the book. But over a million other people could care less. There are a lot of people out there who just want the looks of a 777 and may not know the difference between it's avionics or some from something else. There are a lot of people who love making and editing videos, they would love to make a 777 video. Thousands of people just like doing repaints. Everyone has their own unique interest in a flight simulator so if Captain Sim can fill that niche for some folks than so be it. They are a business and will sell more copies of this 777 than you can imagine.

Edited by PWJT8D
corrected sales figures
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 minute ago, PWJT8D said:

We at AVSIM are such an insignificant number. How many of us do you think are active in this MSFS forum, 1,000? 5,000? Our demographic here tends to be the ones that are really really into flight simulators. MSFS is well over 2,000,000 copies now. What I'm getting at is yes we want every aircraft to be fully modeled to the smallest detail because the majority of us here like to fly flights by the book. But over a million other people could care less. There are a lot of people out there who just want the looks of a 777 and may not know the difference between it's avionics or some from something else. There are a lot of people who love making and editing videos, they would love to make a 777 video. Thousands of people just like doing repaints. Everyone has their own unique interest in a flight simulator so if Captain Sim can fill that niche for some folks than so be it. They are a business and will sell more copies of this 777 than you can imagine.

Where on earth do you get 2 million copies from? And people that try it once or twice and then it hits the recycle bin, don't count. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Where on earth do you get 2 million copies from? And people that try it once or twice and then it hits the recycle bin, don't count. 

Copies of MSFS Bob. 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

2 milion is a number published by MS/ASOBO. It is not clear if this is "sold" copies and how many actual are still active using the Sim. I guess in the 2 milion also the users that used it in the free 1 month Game Pass.

MS is not publishing any specific data, but you can have a look at the Steam Data: https://steamcharts.com/app/1250410 (Drop by nearly 90% since release).

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png