Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

7 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Thanks Tod! I will try this out when I finally get around to loading this 777 up. (been so busy with work this week) What is sad is simple things like this not making it to release. Makes you wonder if CS did halt production and release before the upcoming freeware 777-300 comes out. 

I know, right? Anyway, this took me all but 10 mins. Hope it works well everywhere, both default and payware airports. I only tested at 2 default airports in the US. Fingers' crossed! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moria15 said:A few quotes for example from various places talking about msfs2020 recently...

They act like spending more money makes you superior in some way and shame others for not using "study-level" airliners which they still complain about.

If you are about to release anything for MSFS2020 and it's not study level or free or preferably both, don't waste your time announcing it on AVSIM, it will only depress you.

Their forums are a heady mix of elitism and toxic moderation. The only assets they have which actually generate traffic are the file library and the PMDG forum. These are the only things keeping Avsim alive.

for want of a better word the 'anti-flightsim forum' as they represent everything that is ****** up about about simming, avoid avoid avoid unless you love PDMG.

If you don't love study level airliners it's toxic, toxic, toxic.

If you just want to fly and have fun.. don't go to AVSIM unless you are prepared to discuss in detail the fraction of a millimeter that a dial is mounted off-center.

Graham

My observation of this is, that whilst some of it may or may not be true,  all of it indicates to me, the bias, attitudes and prejudices that Avsimmers are accused of.

Let us not forget that they are all as deeply ingrained into publicising their own Forum and if they can do that by denigrating another forum, then so be it.  I don't agree with that principle but everyone is entitled to their opinions (even though they are wrong if they don't agree with me LOL)

Regards

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 hours ago, Moria15 said:

well in a way that is true,  but remember that a lot of new users will also be using things like reddit and other places to talk about MSFS2020 in this generation, and frankly, AVSIM has an aweful reputation on some of these other sites...  I know very little of the history of AVSIM and I enjoy my time here even though I hate the phrase study level and I consider myself a gamer  (ducks), but it should be realised that even though it crops up in Google searches, many may not use it because of information on other sites 🙂

A few quotes for example from various places talking about msfs2020 recently...

They act like spending more money makes you superior in some way and shame others for not using "study-level" airliners which they still complain about.

If you are about to release anything for MSFS2020 and it's not study level or free or preferably both, don't waste your time announcing it on AVSIM, it will only depress you.

Their forums are a heady mix of elitism and toxic moderation. The only assets they have which actually generate traffic are the file library and the PMDG forum. These are the only things keeping Avsim alive.

for want of a better word the 'anti-flightsim forum' as they represent everything that is ****** up about about simming, avoid avoid avoid unless you love PDMG.

If you don't love study level airliners it's toxic, toxic, toxic.

If you just want to fly and have fun.. don't go to AVSIM unless you are prepared to discuss in detail the fraction of a millimeter that a dial is mounted off-center.

Graham

Well, actually, the opposite is true. Instead of discussing how ‘awesome’ the $30 new ‘777’, or showing off screenshots on reddit, discord or some other means, we’re here trying to assist gamers like yourself, by telling you it’s not worth the price. It has the quality of an average freeware add-on from FS2002. 

3 hours ago, tod said:

Thought to lighten the mood, if that's even possible after 28 pages of mostly venting over CapSim choosing another target audience that is eye-candy oriented, not sim oriented. Anyway, wanted to share my mod to improve the Jetway, Luggage and Catering truck contact points. DISCLAIMER: Far from perfect, but better than default settings from CapSim.

You know the drill - locate the flight_model.cfg file, open with Notepad / Notepad + + and search for this section and replace it with my modded coordinates.

[INTERACTIVE POINTS]
number_of_interactive_points = 17
interactive_point.0 = 0.4, -150, -9.6, -1.9, 0, 0, 0, -82, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.1 = 0.4, -160.2, 7.4, -1.3, 0, 0, 0, 102, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.2 = 0.4, -32.2, -8.1, 11.2, 2, 0, 0, -90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.3 = 0.4, -32.2, 8.1, 11.2, 2, 0, 0, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.4 = 0.4, -57, -10.3, -1.3, 2, 0, 0, -90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.5 = 0.4, -56, 10.3, -1.3, 2, 0, 0, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.6 = 0.4, -94.6, -11, 1.1, 2, 0, 0, -90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.7 = 0.4, -93.4, 11, 1.1, 2, 0, 0, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.8 = 0.4, -132, -10, 1.1, 2, 0, 0, -90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.9 = 0.4, -131, 10, 1.1, 2, 0, 0, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.10 = 0.4, -18, -8.9, -3.5, 0, 0, 0,-86, 52, 16, 35, 3, -2, 0
interactive_point.11 = 0.4, -15, 9.2, 1.3, 0, 0, 0, 85, 35, 1.5, 25, 4, 0, 0
interactive_point.12 = 0.4, -36.3, 7, -7.4, 1, 0, 0, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.13 = 0.4, -145, 6.4, -6, 1, 0, 0, 95, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.14 = 0.4, -87.98, -58.25, -12.6, 3, 0, 0, -45, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.15 = 0, 1.9, 10.8, -10.5, 4, 0, 0, 45, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
interactive_point.16 = 0, -96, 0, -8, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Hope I've somehow improved your flying experience with CapSim's 777.Mod at your own risk, and please BACKUP in case you want to revert back to the default contact points. 

Have a nice weekend and happy flying!

An upcoming Update from CS will fix this soon but anyway thanks for the points !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

An upcoming Update from CS will fix this soon but anyway thanks for the points !

cheers 😉

I hope so... On facebook they said 

It's not the 10% but 100% done product which worth every penny of the $29.99.

That was 4 days ago of course.

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Clear demonstration that this garbage product is motivated by nothing but greed.  

I don't really give a toss if someone sells what some think is junk as long as they're upfront about it, but that move is pretty next level.

The extra daffy thing is that they'll probably lose more than a few sales as some people only want to fly something with a third party paint job.  

They're obviously embarking on some sort of good will burning experiment. And doing a very nifty job. 

Edited by superspud

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

maybe they are following PSS way of thinking, you know back in 2002 🙂 

It never and I mean never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are.    what a bunch of tools

saying that though CS are about to make a ton of money with unsuspecting dads buying their 11 year old sons and daughters nice pile of streaming rubbish, and the 11 year olds will probably love it.

what a way to make a buck.   Its like the candy crush of the flightsim community.  and the kids are going to LOVE IT. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I have no words really.

Whatever the apparent legalities, CS is a PR timebomb, you should be totally ashamed of yourselves.

The community could of (maybe) warmed to your creation, but you decide to bash the hammer down.

Wonder if ASOBO will demand you take your content down for using their 747 panel.

• Like 3

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

MS/Asobo should maybe take the same action with CS....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

lol  and now CS has downloaded all the free textures before they were stopped from being downloaded and added them to their ACE system with no credits to the authors...

and claiming "current complete collection of the 777 Captain III free liveries from all over the Internet included"

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1621690095

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

These fools just lost a future customer in me. I will never ever buy a CS product no matter how good it may be. I hate these arm twisting tactics. 

• Like 1

So are the repaints just converted FSX/P3D textures or just being made using an old paintkit that may be of lower quality? If they are afraid of low quality repaints possibly making the product look bad, that is pretty ironic.  

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

So CS accuses freeware livery painters of publishing low quality content, yet republish the same liveries without painters' permissions. This is after selling their first MSFS 2020 payware product that is in a word: Amateur? Unbelievable. Apparently, freeware modders and developers in our FS community are all incompetent and inferior to the great CS. Like none of us can mod their amateurish EICAS displays and host of other issues. Pleeeease!  CS just lost another customer.

CS777-MOD-EICAS2.jpg

Edited by tod
  • Like 1