Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

2 minutes ago, kiki said:

I enjoyed my first flight from and to EHRD with the III. Feels good (at least for me), but some of the textures in the cabin are really poor. I hope they will fix them.

There is quite a bit of discussion going on about that in the main forums.   I get the impression it a combination of the way they do the worn out look and a deliberate choice of lower res textures in areas you do not look often to keep frame rates up.   I assume the alternative is to use shiny new non weathered textures ?    I think they are still tweaking it.

29 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There is quite a bit of discussion going on about that in the main forums.   I get the impression it a combination of the way they do the worn out look and a deliberate choice of lower res textures in areas you do not look often to keep frame rates up.   I assume the alternative is to use shiny new non weathered textures ?    I think they are still tweaking it.

Worn out look is okay, but those low res textures are not. Nice to fly though.

• Upvote 1

Some similar complaints were raised at the time of the non-Turbo Arrow release and they fixed some of them up. I don't have any issues with the non-Arrow version and think it looks really well so wouldn't be surprised if the Turbo gets a few improvements in the future.

23 minutes ago, kiki said:

Worn out look is okay, but those low res textures are not. Nice to fly though.

Exactly this. I love flying this plane but the A-pillar textures are very poor compared to the Asobo planes or the Carenado planes. 

33 minutes ago, Zcott said:

Exactly this. I love flying this plane but the A-pillar textures are very poor compared to the Asobo planes or the Carenado planes. 

Same here. It really bugs me.

I have to work for 7 more hours (!) so ... you all are not allowed to rub it in, with me not having the T Arrow III/IV.

You all know there is a nice vid on youtube of a fellow flying a Turbo Arrow IV from Germany to the UK.  It really gives you an idea about how long it takes to fly this plane up to 18 or 20,000 feet compared to many other aircraft.  Yet still, the ground speeds can be nice if the winds are right.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It's out and so is the bundle version.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

It's out and so is the bundle version.

Welcome to twelve hours ago 😉

• Like 1

What's the difference between the III and IV version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

13 hours ago, The Moose said:

Spent the last few week convincing myself i dont need this..  the non turbo arrow is just fine.

The moment it's released....  you know the rest 😄

Still, with the 66% discount and 200ish points on my account to use it cost me £8.  I can live with that 🙂

What discount?😶  I'm not seeing where you get a discount if you bought the previous offering.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, captain420 said:

What's the difference between the III and IV version?

normally-aspirated III

turbo III

turbo IV

The IV has a T-tail, so it flies differently in real life -- haven't flown this one enough yet to tell if it has same takeoff/landing characteristics

All the III's have the "conventional" tail.

The turbo models --  much better climber, I just climbed from SL to 14,000 feet and it pulled well all the way up.  Ceiling is 20,000 so that should give you an idea of how high you can go.  Once at altitude you typically have a higher TAS and your GS is often higher...depending on the winds.  Cons are turbo maintenance and O2 requirements/cannulas/masks etc. at high altitude.  But we don't have to worry about the latter stuff at all in the sim.

• Like 1

Rhett

7 minutes ago, Dillon said:

What discount?😶  I'm not seeing where you get a discount if you bought the previous offering.

Go into your JF account, go into your normally-aspirated Arrow III purchase info.   In there JF shows you your discount key for the turbo III/IV, and a link to buy the turbo III/IV.  When you get the turbo III/IV purchase page you select buy and then there is a blank to enter your discount key.

Edited by Mace
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

As much as I love the arrow 3, I’m having trouble getting excited about these new turbo add ons. Cockpit looks the same, performance is similar....I don’t get it. I seldom fly above 10000 feet and if I did I’d use a faster plane like the A36 turbo mod. 
Are they really that different from the pa28? Even at the cheap price, I’ll wait for the warrior I think. Just my opinion, fwiw 

• Upvote 2

I think it is worth it it was only $10 with the discount. I like the IV and it fly's differently than the Arrow3 and performs well at high altitude. The Arrow 3 would always have difficulty flying in the mountains of Colorado. I haven't tried the TurboArrow3 yet. 

• Like 2

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

First flight in the IV was great last night.  Nice to have a little more speed and altitude ability.  As mentioned by others the deep discount for a owning the normally aspirated III plus a few more dollars in Just Flight rewards made this a very nice addition to my hanger despite the similarities to the III.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU