Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

LM's silence

Let's face this... LM's lack of updates on what's coming is DETRIMENTAL to this platform. Now that PMDG has announced that they are "all in" and the first aircraft is coming in a couple of weeks, what is a good reason to stick around? A2A is working on stuff, so is QW. NO news on P3D front. What is gonna keep us here? What's the excitement around this platform anymore? This is coming from someone with $5K of add-ons in aircraft and scenery.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

What's the excitement around this platform anymore? This is coming from someone with $5K of add-ons in aircraft and scenery.

It's the one that still has the best airplanes to fly. It'll be quite a long time before that happens to the same extent on MSFS.

At least to me, the looks aren't everything.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Even if 5.1 is or be the last version I'm stick with it.

Edited by Juliett Alfa
  • Like 5

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

10 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It's the one that still has the best airplanes to fly. It'll be quite a long time before that happens to the same extent on MSFS.

Agree, until MSFS has the Aircraft I'm interested in at the fidelity I'm looking for P3D will remain my sim of choice. That will take a few years.

There are some quite good aircraft to look forward to in P3D as well, the TFDI MD-11 being the main example that comes to my mind.

• Like 3

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Yeah an MD-11 has been LONG overdue. Can't wait for that one 🙂

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have been using MSFS since the alpha.  Up until recently I had no time for it.  But I'm slowly starting to appreciate it.  I'll do a vfr flight every now and then or just load up and play around with weather and such.  Really mostly just looking around.  With just about all the developers moving in that direction I have a feeling I'll be over there in the medium term. I'm even picking up some scenery here and there so I'm ready to fully jump in when the airliners come out.   But for now I'm "all in" for P3D.  LM's communication does leave a lot to be desired.  But It's been that way for a long time.  I accept it.  Can't wait for the tfdi MD-11.  Will be great.  I still love P3D.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Is it good enough? Yeah, I sure think so... I have invested thousands of dollars into it over the last 6 months. Does it compare to the experience of MSFS? Sure! Not everything, but... good enough. I always maintained that once PMDG jumps in, it will be over. We will have the DC-6 in a couple of weeks. That's not enough. But by the end of summer the 737 should make it in. Even RSR mentioned that working with P3D after MSFS is like having your glasses off. So, what gives? I get the "normal" policy of LM not to reveal development efforts. But at this point? It's a contingency. Multiple developers are saying P3D sales are WAY down. Unless we have some news SOON, I am off this boat. Sorry to say 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

what he said.

there simply is no payware aircraft in the same league as  FSL,PMDG,QW OR DASH 8   for either MS2020 or XP11

what let us down in P3D is the 20 year old engine in my opinion

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Actually LM silence is a bit irritating, even LR now is starting to keep posting on what they are working on (the YouTube video showing their next gen lighting and it will be more coming), Microsoft and Asobo have been very open with the community and telling us what they are up to and I honestly I appreciate that.

But let's face the reality Jeremy, do you think when all these high end developers are releasing things to MSFS, is there for you a reason to stay in P3D? For me nada, sure I have invested thousands on P3D but I am over it, I consider that as support for our favorite third party developers but seriously, is very hard to go back to P3D.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

There's so much happening right now and the MSFS initial impact still hasn't vanished completely, in a few months we might have a better idea where things are going once all this settles down some more.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

That's the thing. Patience? Mine is running out. I enjoy P3D for what it's worth, but the reality is that MSFS has been providing a BETTER fix. And it seems that LM doesn't care. Multiple developers have stated a slump in P3D products. I'd love nothing more than 2 VIABLE platforms but what does P3D offer me in the next 6 months that I can't have with MSFS? ESPECIALLY with PMDG on board? 

• Upvote 2

One thing I think is pertinent about our anticipation and the goals of LM is that it is specifically not designed to be a game simulator. Its primary stated purpose is for military and student training. My suspicion is that LM is tailoring things for their military customers with software that may not apply to us, or even be available for us.

Still and all, my personal opinion is that MSFS is still a game in development. P3D behaves more like a flight simulator. Its commercial market is almost entirely different from the game market which MS appears to be seeking.

Sherm

• Upvote 2

There is no debate that P3D has the high fidelity aircraft right now, but the visuals kill the immersion right away after youve flown in MSFS.  Its like a trip back to 2010. I am really looking forward to the MD-11, my favorite all time aircraft, but not so sure I will invest any more in a platform thats behind in being next gen.   Might have to take the hit and wait for the MD-11 to come to MSFS.   Maybe TFDI will consider releasing for MSFS first. Theres alot more interest there.  Further, I dont think LM is too concerned. I wouldnt even be surprised if the next major version will have some implementation of checks for corporate and business credentials to use the platform or student training proof. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

LM's lack of updates on what's coming is DETRIMENTAL to this platform.

I do not recall LM ever preannouncing "what's coming" so why is it an ISSUE now?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Bert