Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flysimware Grumman Widgeon out

Has anyone else applied the new 1.9 beta and found it breaks the altimeter and HSI CDI needle ?

(Also seems to be doing odd things with the great lever but that may be intentional ?)

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Has anyone else applied the new 1.9 beta and found it breaks the altimeter and HSI CDI needle ?

(Also seems to be doing odd things with the great lever but that may be intentional ?)

You are correct regarding the altimeter and HSI CDI - Mark likely left something out of the latest installer. I'll let him know.

As for the gear lever, in the real a/c when the gear is up or down, the lever is in the "center" position as this closes a hydraulic valve. To raise the gear, the pilot has to HOLD (or lock) the gear lever in the up position (which opens the hydraulic valve) until the gear is fully up, then when released the gear lever returns to its center 'rest' position closing the hydraulic valve again. Likewise, to lower the gear you have to HOLD (or lock) it in the bottom position until the gear is fully down, and then the lever goes back to the middle position.

If you look at the clipboard on the copilot's seat there is a 'realism' option. When checked the gear must be raised or lowered as described above. When unchecked, you should be able to raise or lower the gear in a more traditional manner by simply moving the gear lever into the desired position.

The gear lock is used mainly for emergencies when the gear pump handle has to be pumped back and forth to raise or lower the gear. The lock feature keeps the gear lever up or down as needed which allows the pilot to keep one hand on the yoke while the other is using the emergency gear pump handle.

At least that's how I understand it.

Al

Edited by ark

I did notice the altimeter, and also noticed the tail lock, trying to use a toggle button on tail lock doesn't work, there is a click noise, but nothing is accomplished. You can click all you want, but tail lock is not initiated until you reach up and use the mouse. I still have problems with steering on water now. With engines revved up and rudder used it will turn into wind but as soon as you reduce power the wind blows you back around. In ver. 1.8 the water rudder "trick" employed was working (to be able to steer on water) but now it has apparently disappeared in ver. 1.9 (at least in my install)

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I just installed 1.9 guess we'll have version 2.0 soon.   

Edit:  Ya the altimeter needle is frozen in place hopefully will be fixed soon.

Edited by Todd2

@Flysimware, if I may offer some feedback on this fantastic bird, there are a couple of things that I would be very appreciative of you taking a look at.  Hopefully this doesn't sound like minutiae.

1.  When using this in Neofly, it seems as if there may be some issue with what the aircraft is reporting out in terms of G-forces and overspeed conditions.  This has the side effect of causing Neofly to trigger a failure for a smooth flight bonus, and also to display the cockpit tooltip messages almost continuously once the conditions are triggered.  The two screenshots below were taken in level flight with smooth conditions, maybe the barest hint of turbulence at best, and as you can see the indicated airspeed is below V(MO).  I haven't experienced this yet with other aircraft I've used in NeoFly, including other third party A/C like the Carenado Mooney.  It's a bummer because this aircraft is so versatile, it just calls out to be used in NeoFly (even if NF may be looked upon as second class citizen compared to Air Hauler or FSE - I like it). 

What's interesting is that I didn't get these messages until a short while after completing the climb to altitude.  But once they started, they were continuous (and highly annoying) until throttling well back to begin the descent.

vBExg1b.gif

Eo7UqkA.gif

2.  Not a showstopper but is there anything that could be done to clean up the magnetic compass face?  It just looks a bit, well, raw and unfinished with the gap in the tickmarks (unless that's a shadow??), unless this was the intent based on the reference aircraft?   Just asking.

YQ0Jd4W.gif

Otherwise, love the plane and the attention to detail you've put in. 

Thanks!

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Ok I accidentally installed update 1.9 twice now it says my pass code is invalid can it be reset?  

34 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Ok I accidentally installed update 1.9 twice now it says my pass code is invalid can it be reset?  

The installer error codes have instruction to report the error code and include the reg key and send it to our email contact form.

Not sure why you would get invalid unless you entered it wrong so always copy the key first as it auto inputs.

Edited by Flysimware

11 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

The installer error codes have instruction to report the error code and include the reg key and send it to our email contact form.

Not sure why you would get invalid unless you entered it wrong so always copy the key first as it auto inputs.

Thanks for the response.  What happened was I got a email from you about 1.9 and I thought it was the 2.0 update and ran the 1.9 over itself that's when I got the error 

33 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Thanks for the response.  What happened was I got a email from you about 1.9 and I thought it was the 2.0 update and ran the 1.9 over itself that's when I got the error 

You can run the installer on the same system and it will just ignore adding files. If you try to install to another pc then it detects another PC ID then it will fail. Again i can't solve this unless i know the error code. Do not share you reg key here on Avsim but you can share the error code.

5 hours ago, Stoopy said:

@Flysimware, if I may offer some feedback on this fantastic bird, there are a couple of things that I would be very appreciative of you taking a look at.  Hopefully this doesn't sound like minutiae.

1.  When using this in Neofly, it seems as if there may be some issue with what the aircraft is reporting out in terms of G-forces and overspeed conditions.  This has the side effect of causing Neofly to trigger a failure for a smooth flight bonus, and also to display the cockpit tooltip messages almost continuously once the conditions are triggered.  The two screenshots below were taken in level flight with smooth conditions, maybe the barest hint of turbulence at best, and as you can see the indicated airspeed is below V(MO).  I haven't experienced this yet with other aircraft I've used in NeoFly, including other third party A/C like the Carenado Mooney.  It's a bummer because this aircraft is so versatile, it just calls out to be used in NeoFly (even if NF may be looked upon as second class citizen compared to Air Hauler or FSE - I like it). 

What's interesting is that I didn't get these messages until a short while after completing the climb to altitude.  But once they started, they were continuous (and highly annoying) until throttling well back to begin the descent.

anks!

What max airspeed did you enter for the neofly aircraft database as this bird is 160 MPH max speed. And the database will want 139 as its KIAS. I found the tip did not appear until i was in the yellow label section of the airspeed indicator. I also found some issues with the speed reference section and updated it for beta 2.0. Then tested again and neofly will display at the yellow. 

The overhead panel has all the reference speeds labeled in MPH.

Edited by Flysimware

40 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

You can run the installer on the same system and it will just ignore adding files. If you try to install to another pc then it detects another PC ID then it will fail. Again i can't solve this unless i know the error code. Do not share you reg key here on Avsim but you can share the error code.

I'll wait till the next update comes out to see if I can install it.

Hi Flysimware, I bought your Widgeon a few days ago an like it very much.

But it seems there are some problems with the outside model. Viewing it from different distances, it is changig its shape. Espacially on the upside of the nose and the wings.

So long,
Ron

10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

error code is 115 and it says key is banned.  hope u can fix it I can't install version 2.0.  I just sent you a message on your website also.

Edited by Todd2

Here's the error message.  I think I know what happened I moved my MSFS to the D drive and now have community folder on C and D drive.  They seem to be the same folder though if I add a plane to the D drive community folder it's in the C drive community folder also.

51273273230_24df8224c3_h.jpg

Edited by Todd2