Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS has the most advanced flight model?

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I feel your pain. I know it's bad. I know it's childish. But godammit, I'm gonna go ahead and do the same thing.

I don't mind a discussion, but you're getting a little agitated.

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

As I said to Janov,  the boorishness of MFS f*nboys is no excuse for you  to do the same...

Did it ever occur to you that I may have a sliver of consideration in getting involved with MSFS?  Maybe I've been contracted by an MSFS developer?  Maybe I've been asked for advice on something to do with 3D models.  

How about this.  Wouldn't it be great if we all got along, bounced ideas off each other, and tried to make BOTH sims great?  Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Incorrect.  I said if there is some kind of proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, then Asobo have a lot to answer for.  And then...guess what...I aologised for any misinterpretation.  I never accused anyone of anything.  I said IF they plagiarized.  I know you like to put your own little spin on things, but I'm here to correct you.

"But to be honest, this isn't the kind of thing someone just emails Austin about for a goof.  Which is why I'm actually believing it.  Particularly as Asobo have said themselves, they are using BET.  A few red flags were waving when that was said, but most of us shrugged it off."

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just now, scotchegg said:

"But to be honest, this isn't the kind of thing someone just emails Austin about for a goof.  Which is why I'm actually believing it.  Particularly as Asobo have said themselves, they are using BET.  A few red flags were waving when that was said, but most of us shrugged it off."

Yeah?  And?

A belief is an opinion.  Since when are opinions rooted in fact?  My opinion was corrected and we've all moved on.  Do you really believe that I think I'm always right??

Please.

Just now, GoranM said:

Do you really believe that I think I'm always right??

God, yes.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

My opinion was corrected and we've all moved on.  Do you really believe that I think I'm always right??

BTW, at what point did you realize that your opinion had been corrected?

Just now, scotchegg said:

God, yes.

Wow.  Way to jump to a conclusion.  I never said, "Asobo DID IT!  Guilty as charged!!  Facts!!"

I said if there is proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt (I'm assuming you know what that means.  It means ZERO doubt), then they have a lot to answer for.

Try to be rational.

3 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

BTW, at what point did you realize that your opinion had been corrected?

Does it matter?  I've admitted it.  Would you like a written confession?  Remember, I never said they did it.  I had an opinion.  And some of that opinion was rooted in my frustrations from people asking me if the TBM was mine.  Several times a day, for about a month, I had to say no to that question.  Hey, I'm human.  I get annoyed.  Rarely,  but it happens.  The other part of it was the Austin post.

Edited by GoranM

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I've admitted it

Sorry, I genuinely think I might have missed that. Where did you admit that you'd made a mistake, and that neither you nor Austin had actually been plagiarized?

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Sorry, I genuinely think I might have missed that.

I doubt that.

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Where did you admit that you'd made a mistake, and that neither you nor Austin had actually been plagiarized?

Again, I never said we had been plagiarized.  Actually, neither did Austin.  I had an opinion, and then apologised for it.  You're good at finding posts.  You can find the apology.

Was it wrong of him to post that email?  Possibly.  Is it ok for Asobo to reference X-Plane?  Sure.  

Edited by GoranM

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Sorry, I genuinely think I might have missed that. Where did you admit that you'd made a mistake, and that neither you nor Austin had actually been plagiarized?

Oh for crying out loud, let it go!

• Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Oh for crying out loud, let it go!

@scotchegg Again, this isn't the place for discussing this.  I think I'm done entertaining you in public.  If you want to continue in private, be my guest.  As far as keeping it going in this thread, let it go.  Move on.  This isn't the place.

3 minutes ago, in2tech said:

I can see a Lock heading this way 🙂

I really hope not.  I genuinely want to see what MSFS has to offer.  I have little doubt that Asobo are getting ideas from X-Plane and vice versa.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  

4 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I had an opinion, and then apologised for it.  You're good at finding posts.  You can find the apology.

"If I came across as accusatory, it was not my intention, and I apologise for any misunderstanding."

Is that what you mean? Because I don't see an admission of any mistake there. What I see is "I'm sorry if you interpreted my words as an accusation".

Unless comments are toned down this topic will be locked. Behave!

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather