ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

Just now, marsman2020 said:

But then again, we still don't have what was promised to PC users

What don't we have?

• Like 2

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

What don't we have?

A flight model that can handle taking off or landing in any crosswind at all without massive unrealistic yaw moment at the instant of liftoff/touchdown. 

Live Weather that actually matches reality. 

Avionics that are actually detailed and work. 

Approach plates in the sim. 

Reasonable airport lighting at night. 

Offset ILSes and LDA approaches that work properly. 

Multiple issues with the VR version of the sim that have had none of them addressed since they shoveled that out the door and marked it "done" with great fanfare. 

Among other things.....

• Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

And it's great to just parrot "they are going to add a Freeware section to the Marketplace"

But the reality is there will still be some approval process to be able to place content there, hoops to jump through, and specific packaging and approval for that content to get it onto the consoles.

There are payware developers that have waited MONTHs to get approval to put up their payware content, which Microsoft gets a cut of the $$ for for every sale (so there is a financial incentive to approve developers and payware content to get it onto the Marketplace).  After the developers are approved, it can take weeks for patches to be ingested.

I'd be surprised if the "Freeware section on the Marketplace" is more then just Working Title and FlyByWire content, because WT is on contract to MS, and FlyByWire is the "#1 most wished wish", so once they have those 2 things up they can say "look we added freeware" and mark that box as "done" just like VR is "done".

I find it very unlikely that MS will spend the time to ingest things like free liveries into the Marketplace, given that even payware has been a challenge.  So until it actually happens, or they commit to it with specific words beyond the the typical vague weasel words they use for everything....the trailer is false advertising as far as I am concerned.

Edited by marsman2020

34 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

A flight model that can handle taking off or landing in any crosswind at all without massive unrealistic yaw moment at the instant of liftoff/touchdown. 

Live Weather that actually matches reality. 

Avionics that are actually detailed and work. 

Approach plates in the sim. 

Reasonable airport lighting at night. 

Offset ILSes and LDA approaches that work properly. 

Multiple issues with the VR version of the sim that have had none of them addressed since they shoveled that out the door and marked it "done" with great fanfare. 

Among other things.....

None of those were promised for launch.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, pstrub said:

Not many, I suppose. DX12 has been supported on GPUs since 2015 (ish), starting generations before the minimum requirement GPUs for MSFS. So if your GPU can handle MSFS, it will do so even better on DX12.

The common belief that DX12 requires a lot more graphics memory is wrong. This only happens because of the way it's implemented in P3D v5. In DX12 the memory handling is up to the programmer, and unlike DX11, is not handled automatically by DirectX. LM took the simple route and avoided implementing an advanced GPU memory management altogether, that's why it needs so much VRAM.

And that's been fixed in P3D 5.2.... It only uses about 2/3 VRAM 5.1 needed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

None of those were promised for launch.

Live Weather is a core feature of the entire simulator and it's still frequently broken almost a year later.  "We're discussing with the weather company how to fix it".  We get BS gaslighting responses every time anyone tries to bring it up in the Q&A. 

But hey, now the console owners get to enjoy the same quality product that we've been dealing with.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

You gotta love that negativity - but we all knew that it was coming.  lol

Cheers

bs

• Like 16
  • Upvote 6

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

Nothing on any of the feedback trackers is actually getting done.  Things that were allocated to SU4 or SU5 are now pushed to SU6 and SU7.  Pretty much none of the VR related items are even being addressed.

But we've got an XBox version!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I'm no expert but the aircraft should yaw the moment you lift off in a crosswind.  Flying a Jabiru in real life the technique was to release any rudder correction except for a little right rudder and let the plane yaw into the wind.  It was quite noticeable.

As for landing I have no problem keeping the aircraft landing and rolling straight down the runway.  Maybe it's because I mainly fly modded aircraft and VR and it's easier to get a perception of where the nose is pointing in relation to the end of the runway.  I recall in my real life training having lots of problems with the plane getting off to the left upon touchdown in crosswinds...I had to train my brain to look straight ahead rather than to the centre of the propellor to get the plane tracking straight.

Not to say that there aren't some issues but overall I think it's really good.

Edited by precog

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

The intention is still to launch the freeware section of the Marketplace.

How can there be hate for a totally free DLC with great looking jets? I just don't get the desire to want to be so negative all the time.

And anyway, the name of the sim is Microsoft _Flight_ Simulator. Don't forget the L in Flight. 😉

-Matt | Working Title

Their lives suck that's why. Remember misery loves company. 

• Like 2

They could send me a check in the mail for $10 million if they wanted.  Anything is "possible".  They have a history of borderline false advertising with these video trailers (the water masks, which were only included after a lot of people raised a fuss).  This one shows a lot of fun liveries that aren't in the sim and if they are community liveries (which I suspect they are based on the community content creators being called out 2/3rds of the way through the video) there are likely no plans for them to be in the sim at launch on the XBox.

They are community liveries. I have a few and Ms did say a freeware area is coming to the marketplace 

20 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Nothing on any of the feedback trackers is actually getting done.  Things that were allocated to SU4 or SU5 are now pushed to SU6 and SU7.  Pretty much none of the VR related items are even being addressed.

But we've got an XBox version!

And a Free Top Gun: Maverick Expansion!

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

32 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

This is the land of the "Glass must be almost empty" crowd. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And it's great to just parrot "they are going to add a Freeware section to the Marketplace"

But the reality is there will still be some approval process to be able to place content there, hoops to jump through, and specific packaging and approval for that content to get it onto the consoles.

There are payware developers that have waited MONTHs to get approval to put up their payware content, which Microsoft gets a cut of the $$ for for every sale (so there is a financial incentive to approve developers and payware content to get it onto the Marketplace).  After the developers are approved, it can take weeks for patches to be ingested.

I'd be surprised if the "Freeware section on the Marketplace" is more then just Working Title and FlyByWire content, because WT is on contract to MS, and FlyByWire is the "#1 most wished wish", so once they have those 2 things up they can say "look we added freeware" and mark that box as "done" just like VR is "done".

I find it very unlikely that MS will spend the time to ingest things like free liveries into the Marketplace, given that even payware has been a challenge.  So until it actually happens, or they commit to it with specific words beyond the the typical vague weasel words they use for everything....the trailer is false advertising as far as I am concerned.

Listen if you have so much disdain for the sim and the fact that Asobo is working their butts off, why don't you just stick with XP or p3d and save yourself a little headache? The way you're sounding, imagine someone who might pass out from a stroke. Relax and take it easy. 

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Listen if you have so much disdain for the sim and the fact that Asobo is working their butts off, why don't you just stick with XP or p3d and save yourself a little headache? The way you're sounding, imagine someone who might pass out from a stroke. Relax and take it easy. 

My "ignore" list just went from 16 to 17 😉

• Like 10

Bert